It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was 666 actually the number of a person who was alive at the time the bible was written? Math seems

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
English Revised Version
Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man: and his number is Six hundred and sixty and six.

What if those numbers actually represent a name... In Greek and Hebrew letters can represent numbers. The Name Nero Caesar are infamous with a despiser ruler.. yet in Hebrew that name is spelled differently. When you take the numerical value of the name it is 666.

www.youtube.com...

If anyone can post the video in the thread I would appreciate it.
edit on 12-5-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

cheers

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWine

Thank you! I appreciate very much. Numberphile has some great math video.. Fermat's last theorem vs Simpsons. Riemann hypothesis etc.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

6 neutrons, 6 protons, 6 electrons = carbon (essential for life). That makes it a human number I guess.

That's my cryptic (albeit unoriginal) theory and im sticking to it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Caesar Nero. 666 refers directly to Caesar Nero who was making life pretty difficult for the Jewish population at the time.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

This has always been a facinating subject for me.
I have a friend who has six letters in his first name, six letters in his middle name , and six letters in his last name.
If you add up the numerical values in each of them, they each come out to six.
The numbers from his date of birth all add up to six, and there are three sixes in the middle of his social security number.
Now the capper may just be his recovery from an car wreck several years ago. He sustained a terrible head enjury which caused the doctors to pronounce him dead. Shortly after this he began to move his fingers and toes. So they finished sewing him up.
He recovered completely with in a few weeks. Some said it was "miraculous".

He is a very nice guy so I don't think he could be "the Anti-Christ" .

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

This has always been a facinating subject for me.
I have a friend who has six letters in his first name, six letters in his middle name , and six letters in his last name.
If you add up the numerical values in each of them, they each come out to six.
The numbers from his date of birth all add up to six, and there are three sixes in the middle of his social security number.
Now the capper may just be his recovery from an car wreck several years ago. He sustained a terrible head enjury which caused the doctors to pronounce him dead. Shortly after this he began to move his fingers and toes. So they finished sewing him up.
He recovered completely with in a few weeks. Some said it was "miraculous".

He is a very nice guy so I don't think he could be "the Anti-Christ" .

Maybe he is the Anti-Anti-Christ.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I know that 666 was associated with Solomon and the number of talents of gold he earned in one year. Then you have Nero's name, and I have also heard that "Nimrod ben Kush" adds up to 666 also.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

That is awesome! What a string of strange coincidences.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I think based on limited study... that 666 is Nero Caesar or Caesar Nero. In Hebrew his letters add up to 666. I do not think there is another solution to this that makes sense. Nero was horrible to the Hebrews. They wrote the vast majority of the Bible. Including Revelations.

" the number is an earthly number. It is a number of man"

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The number of the beast is 616

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bhaal

I have heard that.... that is not what the Bible says. It says. "Let us reckon (calculate)the number of the beast for it is earthly number. That number is 666. The number of man"

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Wasnt the Revelation written in Aramaic? Surprisingly, I dont know the oldest existing copy or what language it is in. People have for the last 2000 years argued and contemplated the number. Just like the quartrains of Nostradamus, interpretation of obscure writing.

It's not much of a revelation if Nero was the target. Or prophecy for that matter since it calls for the end of days. Jews are still around, as are Christians and six billion other people. Still, I'm puzzled that the Nicean Council made it canon.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bhaal
The number of the beast is 616

The main Marvel comics universe is called the 616. Coincidence?
Or does that mean Galactus or the Celestials will come in physical form?

I know I'll take cover if the Silver Surfer is spotted over New York.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

If you check you'll find that 666 was the house number Nero lived at.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: GArnold
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I think based on limited study... that 666 is Nero Caesar or Caesar Nero. In Hebrew his letters add up to 666. I do not think there is another solution to this that makes sense. Nero was horrible to the Hebrews. They wrote the vast majority of the Bible. Including Revelations.

" the number is an earthly number. It is a number of man"

I feel like 666 is more of a title for a corrupt ruler than anything else. Nimrod was the first of 7 antichrists, ruling over Babel therefore he was the first 666. Solomon went apostate and idolized treasure therefore his earnings took on the nature of 666. Nero was definately an antichrist so he was a 666.

I believe that Nimrod is also Apollyon, the 1st of 7 fallen kings who will be the 8th, therefore my educated guess is that Nimrod will return as the final 666.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

6 neutrons, 6 protons, 6 electrons = carbon (essential for life). That makes it a human number I guess.

That's my cryptic (albeit unoriginal) theory and im sticking to it.

It could be argued that when the number 666 became ascribed to Satan and all things Satanic, the word "Satan" became synonymous with all things composed of organic material, for such are the things that cannot defeat the laws of physics. They will consume, they will excrete, they will reproduce, and they will die. All of the things that are most disgusting and therefore require the most discretion - according to most religious texts, anyway. It's all organic control.

And 'organic' means 'Satanic' because it's the opposite of everything "God" represents. Perfect unity, absolute awareness, total power, blah blah blah. All the stuff it's impossible to be as an organic lifeform. Just a theory I have.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nero Caesar is too easy to recognise, there must be more to this and because most of the book of revelation hasn't come to pass, then I believe this is an ongoing thing and not from 2000 years ago.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

It is ongoing in a way. Revelation has happened before, and it will happen again.

The prophecies of Revelation happen at the fall of every great civilization in history. It follows a distinct pattern that we see historically repeated - that pattern is what the book of revelation predicted.

What will someday happen, is that God will finally have enough and when He does, that will be the last set of Revelation prophecies come true that we will see. When THAT will be is anyone's guess.

Or, you could guess that the count is 4 great civilizations from Belshazzar. The 4 Kingdoms of Daniel.

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

Always possible.
edit on 12-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Interesting. I do not think it is applicable how ever. I think Nero was 666. Soleman wrote revelations he spoke hebrew mostly and greek as well. I think it was just a warning Nero is evil. He could not spell it directly so he wrote it somewhat in code. " Let us reckon the number" In case you were too lazy too watch the video. Nero Caesar in Hebrew is the number 666.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join