It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard allows Satanic black mass

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

No. I don't think I fantasized that Harvard studied the Bible exclusively in the beginning. Actually, I don't know that any Bible school did that.

There was always English . . . writing, essays . . . and math . . . philosophy . . . literature . . . and usually something about farming/agriculture . . . maybe some economics . . . basic health practices . . . and for missionaries . . . a range of practical courses.

Those hostile to The Bible simply cannot seem to imagine the Ivy League schools having a rather Christianity focused beginning. It just does 'not compute' for them.

They cannot seem to logically understand how the various sciences etc. arose OUT OF . . . in an iterative way . . . that solid Biblical foundation.

I suppose I could have been wiser in my choice of words. However, I thought it would be plenty true and a bit startling so I used it. And I still think it's a plenty accurate term depending on how one defines it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I don't generally respond when someone calls me "pal" ... as that sounds like something out of a bad 60s Rat Pack movie ... but.

Your whole post is nothing more than more commentary on what you think you know about me. You're STILL missing the point of the SARCASM of the phrase that has your knickers in a knot, i.e. "In yer face, Heathens" Why would I be GLOATING at the suppression of the students' performance? Use some logic. Or perhaps, read what was written.

I don't care what your opinion is of my posting style, nor does anyone else. That takes care of about 90% of your post.

See above for my comments on the "verified" Christian roots of the Ivies, as well as my concession to BO on the "Bible College" matter. It's a difference of opinion.

Again, really you're commenting where it's unnecessary for you to comment. Not that you "can't" or that I'm "forbidding you to comment" just that ... we're adults here and we can work it out on our own without your help, thank you kindly. You're just cluttering the discussion with more discussion about our discussion ... that doesn't contribute anything to the topic.

Your worshipful attitude toward a fellow poster is ... sorry, I can't think of a polite word. Off-topic.

I find your ersatz declarations of "love" extremely annoying, to be honest. May I suggest that we agree to ignore each other in the future, unless there are on-topic matters of factual substance to discuss?

Best,

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nah buddy most of those you listed were not Christians in my opinion. True Christians are rare. If you met one you'd have no problem with them. The few true Christians (or closest to it) I've seen...you wouldn't even know they were Christian unless the topic of religion or spirituality came up or they felt the need to say a prayer. These loudmouth "everyone but me is evil" folks are hurting Christianity. You and I might actually agree on a lot of things. The same people you probably call Christian who you probably don't like... i don't like them either. I have love for them, but i don't have to like them. I just don't consider them Christian.

Me and BO XIAN are not really good buddies just so you know we aren't working together against you. For all I know he may not even recognize me. But I appreciate pretty much all his posts and it would be great if we were good pals. I just don't want you to be under the false impression that you are being double teamed in some coordinated attack, cause you called me his friend or something which would be great but I cannot truthfully say we have spoken often. I just try to give credit where credit is due, and he does deserve the credit for showing that Harvard and many other Ivy League colleges did indeed have Christian origins.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

BO, let's have done with the "Bible College" issue.

I understand where you are coming from.

Harvard 1650 is not Harvard 2014.

There was no reason those kids shouldn't have been able to put on their performance.

If you read the articles, they were actually shocked at the public response.

Nobody accused them of being Shinto or Zen, and those ceremonies were also on tap.

Best,

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Actually Grypon, I think you added the bit about the Diocese after I'd read your post and began to reply to it. (Not that I'm saying that you would have anyway of knowing that)

Eh . . . it happens . . . no big deal I guess, but might suggest to someone else reading the thread that I consider priests that molest children to be the "good guys". That impression might be reinforced by a couple of your later comments:

Glad to see you're on the side of the Diocese ... that tells me a lot.

And later still:

The Diocese ARCHdiocese of Boston is well-known for cover-ups of child-molesting priests.

I suggest, in the interest of clarity and honesty, that in the future when you add something so significant to you post, rather than editing it, you just make a new post.

Are you speaking for imwilliam? Are you psychic? Are you posting on two accounts?

You do realize that the only way that works is if I'm posting on two accounts? Well Grypon, if you believe that 3n19m470 and I are the same person I think you should report that to the mods. Otherwise, someone might question whether you really believe that and it might be taken as a cheap attempt on your part to disparage my character.

On to the "Are you psychic?" bit, the question that you directed to 3n19m470. It appears that you may have already read my mind once tonight, so I think the more interesting question is whether YOU are psychic. Lets test your powers Grypon.

How many fingers am I holding up right now? Bonus points if you can guess which one

Cheers

edit on 12-5-2014 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

I didn't add anything. I corrected Diocese to Archdiocese. I even retained the struck out Diocese to make it clear. I don't play those kind of games. May I suggest, in the future, that you read a bit more carefully?

ARRRGGH. I know better than to participate in metadiscussion (EDIT: discussion about discussion). William to clarify ... those comments are directed at 3n19m470 because they saw fit to intervene on your behalf. It has nothing to do with you. I'm responding to 3n19m470.

Why would I so obliquely disparage your character? Trust me if I have something to say to you, I'll say it.

Now ... let's stop playing patty-cake and footsie with what we think about each other's posting personas and get back to the substance of the topic.

You made a statement that you were glad "the good guys" won. The loudest voice (aside from, now, the entire right-wing media echo chamber) that was mentioned in every article posted here and all the other articles I read calling for the dismissal of the "Satanic Mass" performance was the Archdiocese of Boston.

The performance got cancelled, and you made your comment.

It's not really a giant leap to believing that you were indicating that the Archdiocese had somehow won, is it?

And if you are not familiar with the history of the cover-ups in the Archdiocese ... refer to that link I provided.

In short, these are the very last folks on earth that need to be claiming the moral high ground for some time to come.

I hope that makes all this silliness more clear.

Best,

edit on 0Tue, 13 May 2014 00:05:58 -050014p122014566 by Gryphon66 because: EDIT CLEARLY NOTED

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My god, look at the responses in this thread. The fearful pleas of imbeciles cowering in the corner, "Protect us, Jeebus, from those different from us!" Cowards. Logic tells me I should stop before I get myself in trouble, but I can't help myself this time. As has been pointed out, this is a private school that can do as it pleases, and this wasn't the only demonstration that was to be held, and yet, it's the scariest? You poor frail withering things, quaking in your boots you are. Do you have any idea how comical you look? How much credibility you remove from Christianity? (not that it has much left) Is something only worthy of study & learning if it has a Christian's approval?

Asinine responses, absolutely asinine. Your fear and mock offense is only important to you. Don't you have a church you can pray it out in instead of wailing over other religions' practices being studied? Or are you peddling irrational ignorance here to make learning about anything as difficult as possible for the sake of being difficult?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I didn't add anything. I corrected Diocese to Archdiocese. I even retained the struck out Diocese to make it clear

Nope, even now the post I'm referring to doesn't have Archdiocese, it has Diocese.

See:

Yeah, so much for the Constitution, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion ... let's protect the tender feelings of a Diocese that has shielded child molesters for YEARS Boston Globe - Spotlight on Diocese Covering Up Child Molestation Cases

False, again. And I think that says all that really needs to be said

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I don't generally respond when someone calls me "pal" ... as that sounds like something out of a bad 60s Rat Pack movie ... but.

Your whole post is nothing more than more commentary on what you think you know about me. You're STILL missing the point of the SARCASM of the phrase that has your knickers in a knot, i.e. "In yer face, Heathens" Why would I be GLOATING at the suppression of the students' performance? Use some logic. Or perhaps, read what was written.

I don't care what your opinion is of my posting style, nor does anyone else. That takes care of about 90% of your post.

See above for my comments on the "verified" Christian roots of the Ivies, as well as my concession to BO on the "Bible College" matter. It's a difference of opinion.

Again, really you're commenting where it's unnecessary for you to comment. Not that you "can't" or that I'm "forbidding you to comment" just that ... we're adults here and we can work it out on our own without your help, thank you kindly. You're just cluttering the discussion with more discussion about our discussion ... that doesn't contribute anything to the topic.

Your worshipful attitude toward a fellow poster is ... sorry, I can't think of a polite word. Off-topic.

I find your ersatz declarations of "love" extremely annoying, to be honest. May I suggest that we agree to ignore each other in the future, unless there are on-topic matters of factual substance to discuss?

Best,

I appreciate most of his posts so that's worshipful? It's a show of respect. Do you believe in respect? How do you conduct yourself when you agree with and appreciate what someone has said? I didn't read think I was too over the top... In fact I said his wisdom and integrity was given to him by God so that is more like worshipping God.

It's not your "posting style". Are you kidding me? It's your deceitful debating tactics and they do matter because you're being dishonest while I'm admitting nearly every step of the way that I may very well have made mistakes. In fact I now realize I did misunderstand your sarcasm which is easy for anyone to do when using this mode of communication so I'm not gonna beat myself up over it but at least I've admitted I was wrong. Something I've not seen you do once.

I'm not one to judge but it would be dishonest of me if I did not tell you that I sense that you may actually benefit a lot from an intensive study of Christ's teachings.

OK bud, I could go on and try to explain myself in a way that you might understand better, but I'll respect your wishes and we don't have to talk anymore if that's what you want. I can't tell what you will consider to be matters of substance so I'll try my best to remember to just leave you alone. This back and forth stuff is getting us nowhere anyway. I envisioned that we would come out of this in some sort of agreement and maybe even be "pals" (uh oh that word that makes your ultra developed sense of logic kick in which nearly caused you not to reply because that makes sense in a productive debating environment...) but I can see that you are determined not to allow this to happen.

You have defined your enemies and have committed yourself to battle. Except when it's no longer convenient then you just want to ignore eachother and not address the fact that you accuse me of pretending to be psychic when you are actually the one doing it among other things. It would probably not be much of a friendship anyway when one of the people involved has such an adverse reaction to the concept of love which is at the heart of the teachings of Jesus Christ and that's what the other person believes in and holds dear to their very core.
edit on 5/13/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Good, we're done then!

Not that easy though, is it?

Yeah, sorry about not correcting that Diocese to Archdiocese ... are you claiming that I added that bit in? I didn't, but it's convenient for you to claim I did ... I notice that you still haven't denied that you were rooting for the "good guys" in the ARCHdiocese.

I don't care imwilliam. I don't think anyone else cares ... whether you were cheerleading for the Church there or not.

If you weren't just say so and move on. That's all that's necessary. Were you, or were you not? Who were "the good guys" that won by intimidating a bunch of college kids to give up a part of their little show. His Eminence The Archbishop? The Angels that smote the Devil on someone's behalf? Who? What "good guys" were you talking about?

See ... no one cares now. Skip it. Or, muddle on through another ten paragraphs about how you've been maligned and misrepresented by something you said.

I for one am going to bed. Bah.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

*yawn* Dude, didnt' you already respond to this post once with 2000 or so words? Wasn't that enough?

You're absolutely right; great idea; let's ignore each other from here on.

Best,

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

And I'm not ignorant when it come to satanism, my son practiced for years.

Unfortunately, I don't take statements like that seriously. I had a friend who's older sister started wearing a peace sign necklace. His mother came to church asking for help because it was proof her daughter was involved in a satanic cult.
FYI if you didn't know, a peace sign is an upside down cross. Satan tricked young minds into thinking it represented peace.

Just ask my grandmother what goes on at satanic meetings, she'll tell you playing D&D and then baby sacrifices. Playing D&D is a mandatory part of of the rituals in satanism. All D&D players go on to sacrifice babies.

It might be true, but in my experience, it is very hard to take those kind of statements seriously.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thanks for the personally assaultive words.

Nice to know someone paid attention.

Interesting word choices describing a rather overtly dysfunctional focus . . . evidently thankfully canceled.

Given that evil is by definition destructive . . . and given that satan is characterized as the chief evil in cultures of every developmental level all around the globe for millenia . . . the fuss raised by the planned Harvard 'performance' is perfectly reasonable and rational--REGARDLESS OF CHRISTIANITY'S COMMENTARY on such goings on, or not.

However, by all means, carry on . . . you sound like you are utterly convinced of your own supremely knowledgeable perspective on such matters.

Who am I to question or even slightly bother such 'erudition.'

edit on 13/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: word choices

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

a reply to: tsingtao

1. The activities of the Roman Catholic Church are a heck of a lot more than a "slight" to thousands of people world-wide.

2. Here's a link to the Harvard Charter of 1650 ... where exactly do you think it forbids students to put on exhibitions and performances again?

'

1; that's your stupid opinion.

2: read the part of not insulting other people.
\
why are there idiots in this world and why are they reproducing?

God does not exist, i guess.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Sure you don't. Who could ever think that from your post??? Pfft. Gloating. REE-diculous.

it tells others way more about you.

are you not devo?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Sure you don't. Who could ever think that from your post??? Pfft. Gloating. REE-diculous.

So anti satanic rituals (or "exhibitions/performances") equals pro child molesting diocese? Why? Can't someone be against satanic activity AND a child molesting diocese? Is that allowed, or...?

maybe I just missed the post where he was cheering for the diocese you mentioned...

"in yer FACE, heathen scum!" sounds a bit like gloating. I guess since you got caught in the act now you wanna drag your "opponent" down in the muck with you so you can be portrayed as being on equal moral ground?

yeah, u missed the bus, dude.

lol!

heathen scum only means something to heathen scum. understand?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Why is everyone so bothered about what other people do in their private time?

Dont kill anyone or break any laws and you can praise to the heck you like in my opinion. I dont care for it myself, so i simply dont go to such things and i dont stay up at night wondering what they might be doing.

Start sacrificing animals and killing people and then i do care, till then leave em alone you nosy bleeps.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Now, freshly rested and ready to start the day, I think I'll briefly try again to make the point.

Public displays or exercises such as the aborted "Satanic" ritual are designed with two purposes in mind:

1. To educate others about the diversity of religious belief

2. To help some who hold very strong beliefs, often presented in a de facto matter as accepted or normal in a given society, understand a small portion of the anxiety, frustration, rage, etc., that a "non-member" of that majority faith might feel while embeded in that culture, i.e. churches on every corner, Jesus on every bill-board, public prayers offered "in Jesus name" ... etc.

In short, if you were upset at some deep basic level by the thought of a Satanic ritual on Harvard's campus, you have a small idea of what many non-Christians/non-believers experience on a daily basis in the USA.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Since when is disliking a "teaching event" wrong?

This is what I'm finding more and more in society.

You are free to do whatever "teaching event" you like.

But it has become socially unacceptable to even dislike the practice.

Why does any of us have to like and/or accept such practice.

Do whatever you wish!

Beat yourself in the head with a hammer!

But there will be those of us who feel that hitting yourself in the head with a hammer is wrong.

Yet it is politically incorrect for us to NOT participate/admire/like/approve of such a practice.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Why is everyone so bothered about what other people do in their private time?

Dont kill anyone or break any laws and you can praise to the heck you like in my opinion. I dont care for it myself, so i simply dont go to such things and i dont stay up at night wondering what they might be doing.

Start sacrificing animals and killing people and then i do care, till then leave em alone you nosy bleeps.

This is what I've been saying from the beginning. And now it looks like the MOCK mass (sorry had to emphasize that since it keeps getting lost in the discussion) and the PRIVATE university (sorry again, same thing) has been canceled, so it's all a moot point now.
edit on 13-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: post shenanigans...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join