It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard allows Satanic black mass

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Sure, I think lots of things are stupid ... more every day.

In fact, I'd say we're reaching a level of terminal stupid in this country, but that's just me.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I am still allowed to think they are stupid, aren't I?

For a few more months then
nope, Christians only.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And can a Satanic priest open Congress with a prayer? Can a Satanic teacher lead morning prayers in a public school?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The ceremony will model the script of the black mass articulated in novelist Joris-Karl Huysmans’ work “Là-Bas,” although a consecrated host will not be used.

Well, since the mass will be modeled on the Huysman's black mass in La Bas maybe a few excerpts from the English translation of that work are in order. I mean since many of us won't be able to attend and it has been stated that many Satanists don't believe in an actual Satan, but rather they believe in the ideas that he represents, perhaps by taking a look at a few excerpts from La Bas, the account this Satanic organization has chosen to model their mass on, we can get a little insight into the kind of things Satan represents and that they admire.

"Master of Slanders, Dispenser of the benefits of crime, Administrator of sumptuous sins and great vices, Satan, thee we adore, reasonable God, just God!

Hmm...Master of Slanders & Dispenser of the benefits of crime . . . .

Suzerain of Resentment, Accountant of Humiliations, Treasurer of old Hatreds, thou alone dost fertilize the brain of man whom injustice has crushed; thou breathest into him the idea of meditated vengeance, sure misdeeds; thou incitest him to murder; thou givest him the abundant joy of accomplished reprisals and permittest him to taste the intoxicating draught of the tears of which he is the cause.

Oh wow, the boss of resentment, the treasurer of old hatreds, the one who puts the ideas of vengeance and murder into someone's head.

Guardian of strident Neuroses, Leaden Tower of Hysteria, bloody Vase of Rape!

Given everything else they admire and celebrate, might as well throw in Neuroses, Hysteria and Rape.

"Master, thy faithful servants, on their knees, implore thee and supplicate thee to satisfy them when they wish the torture of all those who love them and aid them; they supplicate thee to assure them the joy of delectable misdeeds unknown to justice, spells whose unknown origin baffles the reason of man; they ask, finally, glory, riches, power, of thee, King of the Disinherited, Son who art to overthrow the inexorable Father!"

Just a little prayer to ask for aid in torturing their loved ones and protection against justice.

thou savest the honour of families by aborting wombs impregnated in the forgetfulness of the good orgasm; thou dost suggest to the mother the hastening of untimely birth, and thine obstetrics spares the still-born children the anguish of maturity, the contamination of original sin.

I'm sure there are more than a few of you here that won't take any issue with that bit

La Bas is available on Project Gutenberg if you'd like to read it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And can a Satanic priest open Congress with a prayer? Can a Satanic teacher lead morning prayers in a public school?

I don't know.

Go for it, if it's your thing.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's not my thing, but all or none right?

Why don't you know?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

There's always the argument that if you are bringing Satan into it, you must therefore be bringing God into it, and if you are bringing God into it, then Satan automatically defaults to the pure, raging embodiment of everything we hate and fear. That's just how we've been raised to look at it, right? Satan is never without God because they complete each other in the same manner the moon completes the night sky.

If you can think of a way to break that perspective, then you might be on to something.
edit on 12-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It's not my thing, but all or none right?

Why don't you know?

Why would I know, why would I care?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You're not going to fool me that you don't have an opinion one way or the other. You've said in this thread that it scares you, brings whatever from out of the ether, right? Should little kids be exposed to that or not?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You're not going to fool me that you don't have an opinion one way or the other. You've said in this thread that it scares you, brings whatever from out of the ether, right? Should little kids be exposed to that or not?

True. I said that some aspects scare me. It does. Spooky stuff!
But that's just me. I am not a progressive, ivory tower elitist, therefore I am reluctant to make decisions for others.

Unlike some.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
1. Everyone can relax, Western Civilization will continue, the Apocalypse has been averted ... i.e. the Student Club at Harvard has cancelled the silly performance. Ignorance and Superstition Win Again - The Harvard Crimson

2. I find no indication that the alternative event planned by The Satanic Temple intended to use "La-Bas" as the basis for its performance (separate from the one the kids were putting on) ... but, (a) does anyone understand that "La-Bas" is a work of fiction? and (b) does anyone note and understand the word "parody"? and (c) does anyone understand the historical context in which the Roman Catholic Church was a POLITICAL body for more time than it was a RELIGIOUS one, and that rebellion against that kind of oppression is not only revealed in fictional accounts of "Satanism" from the Middle Ages onward but also in Protestantism and the basis of the American Freedom of (and from) Religion?

Jesus Christ!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

But that's just me. I am not a progressive, ivory tower elitist, therefore I am reluctant to make decisions for others.

Unlike some.

Nice dodge! You don't fool me though.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Unlike some.

Nice dodge! You don't fool me though.

You are so on to my tricks!

*shakes fist*

Curse ye!

lolz

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

You guys are right, absolutely. "The People of the Book" ...

I guess I unconsciously was afraid that there are some that would rather be grouped with Satanists than with Muslims.

I can't help but find that funny, since with the addition or deletion of a few characters, it's the same story all round.

In my opinion, no disrespect or belittling or abuse intended.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

My . . . as the worm turns . . . or the screw turns . . . or

the founders of Harvard when it was founded as a Bible college turn over in their graves . . .

Certainly another "sigh of the times" of this END TIMES ERA.

They will not rest until every serf and slave left alive has to participate in the real thing toward the real evil world ruler and ruler of the one world religion--evil incarnate demands it and demands to be worshiped as God in the process.

Predicted 2,000 years ago . . . coming sooner than many think to a neighborhood near all.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
it's been cancelled and btw, it's a slight to the catholic church.

also it is against harvards charter.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

1. The activities of the Roman Catholic Church are a heck of a lot more than a "slight" to thousands of people world-wide.

2. Here's a link to the Harvard Charter of 1650 ... where exactly do you think it forbids students to put on exhibitions and performances again?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

1. Harvard was certainly not founded as a "Bible College" ... Source - harvard.edu

from the university's Mission Statement:

Harvard College adheres to the purposes for which the Charter of 1650 was granted: “The advancement of all good literature, arts, and sciences; the advancement and education of youth in all manner of good literature, arts, and sciences; and all other necessary provisions that may conduce to the education of the … youth of this country….”

2. Every era for the last 2000 years has been proclaimed by some to be the "End Times Era." Any Biblical reference for Satan (I'm assuming) demanding to be worshipped as God by human serfs and slaves ... or was that for dramatic effect?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ah well, I guess the good guys, as well as common sense and decency, won this one

EDIT: Oh, I suppose I should wish the atheists/Satanists or whatever better luck next time . . . . but nah.

edit on 12-5-2014 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
Ah well, I guess the good guys, as well as common sense and decency, won this one

EDIT: Oh, I suppose I should wish the atheists/Satanists or whatever better luck next time . . . . but nah.

Yeah, so much for the Constitution, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion ... let's protect the tender feelings of a Diocese that has shielded child molesters for YEARS Boston Globe - Spotlight on Diocese Covering Up Child Molestation Cases

Go Jeezus! Yay!

In Yer FACE, heathen scum!
edit on 20Mon, 12 May 2014 20:50:45 -050014p082014566 by Gryphon66 because: PUKE

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join