It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard allows Satanic black mass

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UnderGetty

All those "facts" and no links to support any of them. Hmmm... Very telling.

Dont you remember the '80's? The McMartin Trial, Geraldo Rivera "exposing" the Satanic cults that lured in children through Judas Priest albums and Dungeons and Dragons?
Probably some that information is just left over from "repressed memories".

It's funny how if something makes Christians uncomfortable, they start making up scare stories and claims about it. I'm not even a Satanist and I've learned more about it from debating misinformed and obnoxious Christians than I ever knew about it before.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think some of you that are expressing the greatest concern about this fall into, in one way or another, the dualistic mythos of Christianity, forgetting once again that there are myriad mythologies, spiritual systems, magickal methodologies, etc. etc. that do not include your Big Bad and Great Good.

Not to mention that, to a great many of us, this is not any more ridiculous or dangerous than what happens every Friday, Saturday and Sunday across the world ... in fact, not even a microscopic portion as dangerous. Why?

Lucien Greaves is an self-described atheist, as are many Satanists.

To an atheist, this is about the equivalent of bad dinner theatre poised for the effect that it's having, culturally.

It's amusing to see that the Temple is achieving the desired effect without even lighting a candle ...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh yes, aren't we all so tolerant and open to diversity here on ATS, as long is it isn't openness to Christian philosophy, that's what gets my goat, lol, @, "goat."

The ever so tolerant progressive left, except when it comes to Christianity.

Always shaming Christians into silence after all we deserve it, we like it, we love being martyrs, we love turning the other cheek, that's what I hear anyway, here on ATS.

Please Christians don't start topics about your sky fairy, if you do you are not playing fair.
edit on 023131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I invite you stop learning about it and go out there and experience it.

Put aside the references, and your preconceived opinions, and seek out real life people who are experiencing some of these things right now. They are not hard to find if you are truly interested in finding out what really goes on beyond the net.

Yes, there most definitely are some misinformed and obnoxious Christians out there, but they are not all that way. Instead of engaging these people, try engaging the ones on the front line who deal with this daily. Don't believe them either. Make sure you tell them too. Sooner or later you will discover that one of you is not what you think they are.

If that someone is you then it will turn your universe inside out and upside down. I promise you that you will never be the same again.

A whole new world is waiting for you Krazy, all you have to do is step out and look for it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Oh yes, aren't we all so tolerant and open to diversity here on ATS, as long is it isn't openness to Christian philosophy, that's what gets my goat, lol, @, "goat."

The ever so tolerant progressive left, except when it comes to Christianity.

Always shaming Christians into silence after all we deserve it, we like it, we love being martyrs, we love turning the other cheek, that's what I hear anyway, here on ATS.

Please Christians don't start topics about your sky fairy, if you do you are not playing fair.

Christianity is not a gender (or lack of one) or a sexual orientation. Christianity is not a racial, or ethnic heritage. Christianity is not a disability (stop it!) nor is it a familial class. It is not eye color, or handedness, or any other inherent, unchangeable natural characteristic.

It's a choice. It's willing membership in an ultimate "suspension of disbelief" organization.

Many here at ATS are not Christians. Most people in the world are not Christians.

Christianity is a religion. This is a thread ostensibly about Satanism ... another religion. When Christians (as has been done here, as is usually done) make comments suggesting that one religion (Satanism) is somehow dangerous, or disturbing, or wrong ... why should they not face correction from their peers?

How many episodes of so called "Christian-bashing" start out with a Christian posturing that their personal beliefs are "the Way the Truth and the Light" and are superior to all others? And then, when others point out why that isn't the case, well,

The Victim Card gets played.

/sigh

edit on 15Mon, 12 May 2014 15:03:00 -050014p032014566 by Gryphon66 because: EDIT

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Oh yes, aren't we all so tolerant and open to diversity here on ATS, as long is it isn't openness to Christian philosophy,

Why would I be open to Christianity? Are you "open" to atheism, Islam or Satanism? I was raised steeped in Christianity. As an adult, I closed that book. Been there, done that. You are free to to have your religion, but don't expect me to be open to it for my life. Any more than I'm open to Satanism.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well I for one will be praying this evening for Lucien Greaves and his troop, that nothing follows them home tonight...

I happen to be a Christian, and from my perspective, the reason why these (serious) rituals are done in the hidden places is because the spiritual aspect of their activities can be so easily shut down from a distance provided you know where they are.

The people they are mocking and insulting in this specific case... not so much.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
... and let's not forget, technically speaking, Satan is a member of the Christian pantheon ...

So, I guess we could think of it as ... Judaism/Christianity/Satanism ... as a religio-cultural group, right?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderGetty

Well, as my own schtick is closer to Chaos Magick and NLP, I doubt you have anything to worry about Lucien and company. They seem pretty solid materialists to me. Still, honest prayer compassionately offered never hurts, do it? Best.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You could probably toss in Islam too...

It's generally described as Abrahamic religions or traditions.
edit on 12-5-2014 by UnderGetty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I hope this draws national attention.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
religious freedom and free speech wasn't meant to create conflict as so many today like to use it to do, it was meant to engender understanding and cooperation between multiple sections of society.
but today people just don't get it and won't stop using "freedom" to excuse their aggressive, disrespectful, and arrogant behavior; thinking that when they prove their point and show how right they are or how wrong the other is that somehow that's the end of it but they are wrong, that kind of behavior is naive and only engenders hatred, resentment and conflict for years to come.
well keep abusing the freedom you're given but don't complain or declare innocence when it creates violence against you and those who follow your path of deceitful antagonism.

really, how blind do these atheists at harvard think others are? using non-satanists to perform a satanic black mass? that's clearly antagonism which is aimed at the abrahamic religions and their followers to point out how hypocritical and silly their beliefs and those who follow them are.

are atheists trying to provoke people and cause conflicts on purpose with stunts like these?

not to mention the fact that real satanists(in the west at least) do not perform black masses or that they even believe in nor worship satan.
they are humanists who follow the path of satan/nature/man as in to seek knowledge, enjoy the pleasures of life, accepting and expressing emotions without compromise, survival of the fittest, getting revenge on others when crossed, following their instincts, putting their interests before anything or anyone else and most are anarchists in the truest sense. but the one major thing is that they do not seek conflict with christians or anyone really, as long as you leave them be they will remain peaceful.

though it seems to me that unlike satanists i'd say atheists like causing conflict and declaring how right they are, they are hypocrites who just love using the beliefs of others against them to make points proving their rightfulness.

atheists need to stop provoking others before they cross the wrong group of people who won't be so tolerant of their behavior.

just to be clear i only mean the evangelist hardcore atheists not every atheist, i know most are reasonable and peaceful but this is a warning to you too, these atheists words and actions will hurt all atheists one day if it keeps being tolerated without any serious actions being taken to stop them from pushing things over the edge.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
religious freedom and free speech wasn't meant to create conflict as so many today like to use it to do, it was meant to engender understanding and cooperation between multiple sections of society.

I actually agree with you. And if religious people would have just practiced their religions, without forcing it on others all these years, you wouldn't see this "backlash" you're seeing now, from those who are sick and tired of Christianity (mostly) trying to make everyone behave according to their religion.

What you're seeing in the US today is the RESULT of the Christians' pushy and forceful behavior all these years.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

They're not doing it for any religious purposes. There is a club at Harvard that wants to observe the ceremony. The Satanic cult is just doing a mock service.

But there's always the conspiracy of the wealthy being devil worshipers so do you think this is the first Satanic mass at Harvard?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
... and let's not forget, technically speaking, Satan is a member of the Christian pantheon ...

So, I guess we could think of it as ... Judaism/Christianity/Satanism ... as a religio-cultural group, right?

You forgot Islam. Or is that what you were referring to as Satanism?

I couldn't resist. Please don't blow my house up.

edit on 12-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The Christian anti-god, Satan is embroiled and belongs explicitly to the Abrahamic religions. Satanism is the dark side of Christianity and Satan is nothing but the collective ID of Christendom. Let me make my opinion clear - a Satanist is a renegade Christian, who in his rebellion against the authority of the church, worships Satan rather than Christ. Today, most satanist claim atheism and instead say they worship themselves before any 'god'. Because saying you believe in Satan in actuality, as a real entity, is just ridiculous.

The genesis of Satan comes from a merging of two distinct topics. Satan and Lucifer. The original word satan simply meant "adversary" and his inclusion in the Bible represents an attempt by later apologist of the OT to justify the more horrific and negative actions coming from a benevolent god. (*see Job) by attesting the dirty work to a "testing" spirit - the original "devil's advocate."

Now one should bare in mind, that this entity was not considered "evil" until after the Persian Conquest that introduced the Hebrews to the dualistic Zoroastrianism. Ahura-mazda (good) VS. Ahriman (evil). What later resulted from the introduction of this new philosophy is Manichean dualism, ie. God=Good and the Devil=Evil. It was not until 447 ad. that the Council of Toledo declared the legal existence of Satan as an actual entity.

Now the Luciferian story is a mish-mash retelling of the Canaanite myth about the over throw of Baal by Mot and then later Mot being overthrown by Athar (god of the morning star). The name Lucifer, a roman title of the Sun god, was erroneously used when the bible was first translated to Latin.

And when we look at the history of the Crusades and forcing the heathens to let go of their adversary gods and goddesses; to kneel low and bow to Yahweh... one has to wonder if the Christian Gnostics has it right all long. I mean who could blame those sitting in a trial for witchcraft, and wonder, if some of those who had come to believe the Biblical history taught them by monks and priests of the conquering faith, and concluded that the story must of been told wrong at some point. That if there was indeed a rebellion in Heaven, it was clearly evident that the winner had not been the God of Love and Peace, but rather a God of cruelty, evil, war, violence, wrath, and jealousy. All of the deadly sins we are warned against, was practiced by the 'God' of Christian belief.

And thus did Satanism become a belief and a practice, spawned by the Church itself, to be forever locked together with it in a fatal embrace of mutual antagonism.

Have fun with that, you all have, for centuries.

CdT
edit on 12-5-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit some sentence structure, add a few things.

edit on 12-5-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderGetty
I invite you stop learning about it and go out there and experience it.

Put aside the references, and your preconceived opinions, and seek out real life people who are experiencing some of these things right now. They are not hard to find if you are truly interested in finding out what really goes on beyond the net.

Yes, there most definitely are some misinformed and obnoxious Christians out there, but they are not all that way. Instead of engaging these people, try engaging the ones on the front line who deal with this daily. Don't believe them either. Make sure you tell them too. Sooner or later you will discover that one of you is not what you think they are.

If that someone is you then it will turn your universe inside out and upside down. I promise you that you will never be the same again.

A whole new world is waiting for you Krazy, all you have to do is step out and look for it.

More cop out answers. I don't really care about Satanism, but EVERYTHING that you are saying and suggesting is shown to be untrue. While I'm sure that Satanists that you fear may exist, that isn't indicative of what Satanism is. You STILL haven't provided any proof. Now you are telling me to go out and talk to actual Satanists. I think I'll be happy to just take Wikipedia's word for it, after all, I'm sure it was Satanists who edited the entry anyways. Again prove me wrong. The ball's in your court. I'm up two sources to your zero.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: beezzer
Esoteric sciences, the occult, whatever you want to call it, scares the snot out of me simply because there ARE things that go bump in the night.

If Satanism is an esoteric science or occult, then so is Christianity (which I believe it is). Where do you think Satan came from?

I have a much greater respect for the occult/esoteric sciences than many others might.

I guess that's why I don't monkey around in that area.

Exactly, if you believe, then this is something you want no part of unless you are really so foolish as to think the sorts of powers it's named to raise are the sorts of things you want to be involved with.

It's like going swimming off the side of a boat in the mid ocean while someone else is throwing chum. Yeah, the sharks may be few and far between, but that doesn't mean I want to be in the water while you're doing everything you can to attract them, right?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
big·ot
noun \ˈbi-gət\

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)
Full Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
— big·ot·ed adjective
— big·ot·ed·ly adverb

I see kettles.

Fill in the blanks, I might be a bigot if I spend my days attacking a particular religious group.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

How very classy of you, play the race/bigot card.

For your information, no one has talked bad about Christianity in this thread. I don't know why you are adopting the martyr complex here. We have been talking about Satanism, or is a bunch of people observing a mock black mass somehow bigoted towards Christianity?
edit on 12-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join