It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard allows Satanic black mass

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: beezzer
Esoteric sciences, the occult, whatever you want to call it, scares the snot out of me simply because there ARE things that go bump in the night.

If Satanism is an esoteric science or occult, then so is Christianity (which I believe it is). Where do you think Satan came from?

I have a much greater respect for the occult/esoteric sciences than many others might.

I guess that's why I don't monkey around in that area.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We have miley Cyrus, performing in London, on a giant blow up male organ, satanism at university, legalization of pedophilia, and beastility, legal in some countries,

Yea it's all good, everything is just a ok.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wasnt Harvard founded as a Divinity college with some secular classics classes mixed in? Do they still even have the divinity department?

This is all just the Weekly Standard trying to get their mostly Christian fan base worked up and protest the evils of post-secondary education.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I guess next we will be doing human sacrifices again, and some nut job will be saying hurrah for diversity.
And I'm not ignorant when it come to satanism, my son practiced for years.

The black mass as traditionally "performed" involves the rape of a virgin woman on the alter and the slaughtering of the babies born as a result from previous ceremonies.

Slippery slope indeed.

So much for the feminist movement looking out for the rights of women huh.

This Static temple is nothing more but a bunch of smart asses looking for attention. I do fear for them though.
Can you imagine the danger they would be in if they performed a "parody" muslim ceremony?

The black mass is designed to be a mockery of a catholic ritual and it is taken extremely seriously by those who perform it.

This satanic temple club aren't taking a shot at Christianity like they think they are. They are mocking a dark satanic ritual and the people who perform it.

So let me be clear... these idiots think that an underground group who have no issues with raping women, butchering children, smearing their own faeces on communion wafers and then eating them etc are going to simply sit back and laugh along with the mockery of their religion in the name of cultural awareness.

You think radical Islamists are dangerous lol!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well prove that any of that is having a negative impact on society and human thinking first. Just like you can point to a few bad apples and countries that are doing things that may or may not be reprehensible, I can point to just as many that have occurred in the past that are not only worse but may even be still happening.

For instance which is worse, Miley Cyrus doing things on a giant male organ or slavery (still happens in the world, heck there is an underground slave market in the US)? Satanism at a university or actual human sacrifice? Legalization of pedophilia (in one country, Iraq btw) or a whole segment of the Asian population engaging in arranged marriages (where many of the times the wife isn't even a teenager yet)? Seriously it's all about perspective. The reason things seem so much worse these days is because we have more outlets to report and hear about these things.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We have miley Cyrus, performing in London, on a giant blow up male organ, satanism at university, legalization of pedophilia, and beastility, legal in some countries,

Yea it's all good, everything is just a ok.

Other than the names...everything you mentioned has been going on since prehistory. Nothing new.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderGetty

All those "facts" and no links to support any of them. Hmmm... Very telling.

Wikipedia on Black Mass

Black Mass

Did a ctrl+f and the word "rape" and no results found. But also this:

In spite of the huge amount of French literature discussing the Black Mass (Messe Noire) at the end of the 19th century and early 20th century, no set of written instructions for performing one, from any purported group of Satanists, turned up in writing until the 1960s, and appeared not in France, but in the United States. As can be seen from these first Black Masses and Satanic Masses appearing in the U.S., the creators drew heavily from occult novelists such as Dennis Wheatley and Joris-Karl Huysmans, and from non-fiction occult writers popular in the 1960s, such as H. T. F. Rhodes (who provided a title in his 1954 book The Satanic Mass), and Grillot de Givry (author of the popular illustrated book Witchcraft, Magic and Alchemy).

edit on 12-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If it's a performance ... then that's one thing. If it's an actual black mass ... then we are into a different subject all together. Either way, it would make me nervous and I wouldn't attend. That being said ... I wonder if people would have a problem with a 'performance piece' that was a fundamentalist Christian hellfire and brimstone preaching thing? Or would that be advertising religion or something??

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Advertising religion or not, as has been said previously, this is a private university and separation of church and state doesn't matter.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Dont you remember the '80's? The McMartin Trial, Geraldo Rivera "exposing" the Satanic cults that lured in children through Judas Priest albums and Dungeons and Dragons?
Probably some that information is just left over from "repressed memories".

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Wasnt Harvard founded as a Divinity college with some secular classics classes mixed in? Do they still even have the divinity department?

This is all just the Weekly Standard trying to get their mostly Christian fan base worked up and protest the evils of post-secondary education.

yes harvard does still have a divinity school. it's been there for ever and it's still going strong, strongly funded there.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
double post, deleted
edit on 12-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Wikipedia on Black Mass

Black Mass

In spite of the huge amount of French literature discussing the Black Mass (Messe Noire) at the end of the 19th century and early 20th century, no set of written instructions for performing one, from any purported group of Satanists, turned up in writing until the 1960s, and appeared not in France, but in the United States. As can be seen from these first Black Masses and Satanic Masses appearing in the U.S., the creators drew heavily from occult novelists such as Dennis Wheatley and Joris-Karl Huysmans, and from non-fiction occult writers popular in the 1960s, such as H. T. F. Rhodes (who provided a title in his 1954 book The Satanic Mass), and Grillot de Givry (author of the popular illustrated book Witchcraft, Magic and Alchemy).

Haha, and you provide wikipedia as a reference? LOL

I promise you I will not be publishing links to what I was referring to. If you're that serious about the true black mass then you will have to research it yourself. I'm not spoon feeding anyone on this subject, sorry.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
this just gets better,

Those offended include Harvard University president Drew Faust, who called it “abhorrent”:

Faust is the protagonist of a classic German legend. He is a scholar who is highly successful yet dissatisfied with his life, so he makes a pact with the Devil, exchanging his soul for unlimited knowledge and worldly pleasures. The Faust legend has been the basis for many literary, artistic, cinematic, and musical works that have reinterpreted it through the ages. Faust and the adjective Faustian imply a situation in which an ambitious person surrenders moral integrity in order to achieve power and success for a delimited term.

How ironic.
en.wikipedia.org...

Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
edit on 013131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Whether the black mass releases powers or not, the people who take it seriously believe it does. The people who perform it in the traditional sense take it extremely seriously and they are dark, dangerous people.

Even if they decided not to exact their own brand of physical revenge on you personally for mocking them, they may very well perform ritual warfare against you.

Remember, even if you don't believe in this stuff, they do, and it often results in the life of an innocent being sacrificed. It might not be your life, but how would you continue living your life as you know it after receiving a "package in the mail" from these people?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

this just gets better,

Those offended include Harvard University president Drew Faust, who called it “abhorrent”:

How ironic.
en.wikipedia.org...

Haha maybe he's old blood Satanist :-)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Esoteric sciences, the occult, whatever you want to call it, scares the snot out of me simply because there ARE things that go bump in the night.

If Satanism is an esoteric science or occult, then so is Christianity (which I believe it is). Where do you think Satan came from?

I have a much greater respect for the occult/esoteric sciences than many others might.

I guess that's why I don't monkey around in that area.

That's wise....

When I was an undergrad in Cultural Anthro, as an assignment we were tasked with making and performing a "ritual" and documenting it....

Naively three couples decided to make a contemporary "voodoo" ritual complete with drumming, cigars, rum, dancing and calling on a Lwa. We thought it was going to be just another party with a theme...it wasn't!

What we encountered was astonishing and terrifying.

It all boils down to intent and motivation....one of our group had an ulterior motive other than just getting hammered.

i hope those at Harvard at least take some precautions to be armed with the sword of faith and the shield of knowledge!

Be very very careful, who you insult.....they might just have "connections"

edit on 12-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderGetty

Wikipedia on Black Mass

Black Mass

Haha, and you provide wikipedia as a reference? LOL

I promise you I will not be publishing links to what I was referring to. If you're that serious about the true black mass then you will have to research it yourself. I'm not spoon feeding anyone on this subject, sorry.

You brought it up and as it stands, I've provided more sources than you have, questionable or not. Your cop out about not spoon feeding anyone not withstanding. You made the claim, you back it up. That's how it works around here, until then, consider your argument shutdown.

Oh btw here (non-wikipedia):

THE BLACK MASS

NO other single device has been associated with Satanism as much as the black mass. To say that the most blasphemous of all religious ceremonies is nothing more than a literary invention is certainly a statement which needs qualifying - but nothing could be truer.

The popular concept of the black mass is thus: a defrocked priest stands before an altar consisting of a nude woman, her legs spread-eagled and vagina thrust open, each of her outstretched fists grasping a black candle made from the fat of unbaptized babies, and a chalice containing the urine of a prostitute (or blood) reposing on her belly. An inverted cross hangs above the altar, and triangular hosts of ergot-laden bread or black-stained turnip are methodically blessed as the priest dutifully slips them in and out of the altar-lady's labia. Then, we are told, an invocation to Satan and various demons is followed by an array of prayers and psalms chanted backwards or interspersed with obscenities... all performed within the confines of a "protective" pentagram drawn on the floow. If the Devil appears he is invariably in the form of a rather eager man wearing the head of a black goat upon his shoulders. Then follows a potpouri of flagellation, prayer-book burning, cunnilingus, fellatio, and general hindquarters kissing - all done to a background of ribald recitations from the Holy Bible, and audible expectorations on the cross! If a baby can be slaughtered during the ritual, so much the better; for as everyone knows, this is the favorite sport of the Satanist!

If this sounds repugnant, then the success of the reports of the black mass, in keeping the devout in church, is easy to understand. No "decent" person could fail to side with the inquisitors when told of these blasphemies. The propagandists of the church did their job well, informing the public at one time or another of the heresies and heinous acts of the Pagans, Cathars, Bogomils, Templars and others who, because of their dualistic philosophies and sometimes Satanic logic, had to be eradicated.

ETA: One more thing. I usually find that people who make outlandish claims then refuse to back themselves up, instead demanding that the person they are debating with do it instead, usually don't have a leg to stand on and are just trying to distract their opponent from this failing. Prove me wrong. Current count: 2 sources that support me; 0 for you.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah, nothing to see here... move along.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Those offended include Harvard University president Drew Faust, who called it “abhorrent”

I think what Fred Phelps, Donald Sterling and Cliven Bundy say and do is abhorrent. But the difference is, I believe in free expression of ideas. It's easy to support freedom when it's in line with what we believe. REAL support of free speech means supporting one's right to expression even when I don't agree with it.

Drew Faust totally supports the right of the students to do this.

"Nevertheless, consistent with the University’s commitment to free expression, including expression that may deeply offend us, the decision to proceed is and will remain theirs. At the same time, we will vigorously protect the right of others to respond—and to address offensive expression with expression of their own."

Faust Statement
edit on 5/12/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join