It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning of Rise Like A Phoenix lyrics - Eurovision winner

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It was obvious to me that the bearded drag queen was going to win the Eurovision contest the moment I saw a grab on the news after the first semi final. But I watched the final and listened to the lyrics a bit. They are quite ominous.

Conchita says they are about

how a broken romance makes you stronger. At the same time, it’s a self-affirming rebuke to all those people at home and abroad who have looked down on Miss Wurst for being different.

I dont see that in the lyrics at all. If you take the lyrics as being spoken from Satan, who I believe will soon appear as the Antichrist, it is quite ominous and has echoes of Isaiah 14:12-14
"You, the bright morning star, have fallen from the sky! You brought down other nations; now you are brought down. You said to yourself, "I'll climb to heaven and place my throne above the highest stars. I'll sit there with the gods far away in the north. I'll be above the clouds, just like God Most High."

RISE LIKE A PHOENIX LYRICS
Waking in the rubble
Walking over glass
Neighbors say we’re trouble
Well that time has passed

Peering from the mirror
No, that isn’t me
Stranger getting nearer
Who can this person be

You wouldn’t know me at all today
From the fading light I fly

Rise like a phoenix
Out of the ashes
Seeking rather than vengeance
Retribution
You were warned
Once I’m transformed
Once I’m reborn
You know I will rise like a phoenix
But you’re my flame

Go about your business
Act as if you’re free
No one could have witnessed
What you did to me

Cause you wouldn’t know me today
And you have got to see
To believe
From the fading light I fly

I rise up to the sky
You threw me down but
I’m gonna fly

source

I assume the lyrics were first written in German and then translated and made to fit. Do any German speakers here have a better idea of what these lines mean:
Seeking rather than vengeance
Retribution

edit on 12/5/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
They are a mixture of the change he went through becoming the bearded lady of today, personal pain and a warning to those who seek to stifle gay rights i.e. Mr Putin.

They don't represent satan or provide a path for the antichrist per se.

As for not seeking vengeance, retribution;

Vengeance = revenge
Retribution = the best english synonym would be recompense but but it probably didn't fit the music.

So the better translation would be not seeking revenge, recompense.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes, ominous indeed.

"Seeking retribution rather than vengeance" is another way to put that verse.

Retributive Justice

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Nope I don't see it at all.
All I see here is people thinking Drag queen = Satanic.....not at all and I wish her the best for the future, talented lady she is.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
If you take the lyrics as being spoken from Satan, who I believe will soon appear as the Antichrist, it is quite ominous and has echoes of Isaiah 14:12-14

If you take just about ANY lyrics as being spoken from Satan, they could appear pretty ominous. LOL

How silly!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Once I’m transformed Once I’m reborn You know I will rise like a phoenix But you’re my flame

A soul ascending to be reborn, awoken and chosen. Kundalini flame from below reaching the valve to the spiritual water from above.

Seeking rather than vengeance Retribution You were warned Once I’m transformed Once I’m reborn.

Karma mirror.

Below the same spiritual message from another one.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

If his lyrics sound like an analog of a Satan's return tale, then what do you say about all of the other sad love ballads that follow nearly this exact theme? They almost all follow this premise:

1 - You didn't appreciate me, yadda yadda
2 - You left me for something you thought I didn't have, yadda yadda
3 - After you left, I decided to exemplify all those things you were looking for, yadda yadda
4 - You're gonna see me later and be all jealous because I'm awesomer now, yadda yadda
5 - Let's sing a whole chorus now about how much you're gonna regret leaving me, yadda yadda

If anything, you've illustrated that the Satan/God story resembles a tragic love tale.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just listening to it without actually watching it, I would say it is a dude working really hard to hit the highest notes that he can, and he can hardly talk when he tries to say Thank You at the end.

Since this would have been the final, I would say that at that level the contestants are told what they will perform and do not choose their own material,
So he would have been given the illuminate theme song or anthem to sing, as a representative of what these people stand for, which is destroying human values to weaken society to make it easier for them to rule over us.

So the "rising up" in the song is the reestablishment of the Medieval feudal system.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Cinrad
If you take the lyrics as being spoken from Satan, who I believe will soon appear as the Antichrist, it is quite ominous and has echoes of Isaiah 14:12-14

If you take just about ANY lyrics as being spoken from Satan, they could appear pretty ominous. LOL

How silly!

Especially nursery rhymes. Can you imagine their Satan singing:

"Hush-a-by baby
On the tree top,
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks,
The cradle will fall,
And down will fall baby
Cradle and all."

Or this one about the Christian's Holy Trinity...

"Three blind mice, three blind mice,
See how they run, see how they run,
They all ran after the farmer's wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a thing in your life,
As three blind mice?"

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Few things

1), as Bene said, suggesting any lyric from anyone is spoken by Satan makes it sound omnious

2) Why do people refer to this guy as "she". He is not a she..He has man bits, he is simply a guy in a dress. Putting on a dress doesn't change your gender, it simply changes your fashion sense...so until at the very least, a surgeon is involved, then its a he.
Suggesting he is a she because of a dress is akin to suggesting if you put your baby in a dinosaur costume at Halloween actually turns them into a t-rex

3) How did Poland not win?! (might be showing some personal preference here
)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
Just listening to it without actually watching it, I would say it is a dude working really hard to hit the highest notes that he can, and he can hardly talk when he tries to say Thank You at the end.

Since this would have been the final, I would say that at that level the contestants are told what they will perform and do not choose their own material,
So he would have been given the illuminate theme song or anthem to sing, as a representative of what these people stand for, which is destroying human values to weaken society to make it easier for them to rule over us.

So the "rising up" in the song is the reestablishment of the Medieval feudal system.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. This song is the song that was selected by Austria to go to Eurovision with. The countries only get two entries at the most and they sing the same song over and over until it boils down to a winner. Eurovision is nothing like 'The Voice' etc where contestants are auditioned, then coached and made to sing different songs to assess their talents. It is more like a race to the finish line with several rounds where the less popular songs are weeded out.

Eurovision contest rules

It's amazing just how just because we have a drag queen singing all these ignorant and plainly ridiculous theories surface. If it had been the Polish team singing the same song,I'm sure none of the straight men would be moaning. Their song was musically awful - an absolute atrocity actually, but they made it all the way to the final based on 'other' talents obviously.
edit on 12-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

. . . just because we have a drag queen singing all these ignorant and plainly ridiculous theories surface.
Otherwise I am sure I never would have heard about the event in the first place.

I don't see how ostensibly Austria giving the song to the performer has any relevance to my earlier comment.
That was my point, he did not pick it out.
And it went through whatever channels were necessary to have it all over the world as an Illuminati advertisement.

edit on 12-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I refer myself as he and try to look the part, but I still have lady bits

Does that give you leeway to call me a woman or refer to me as she, even though i still have feminine qualities
?

On topic though, she has such a lush beard, so jealous

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

Does that give you leeway to call me a woman or refer to me as she, even though i still have feminine qualities
?

My watermark on if its a he or she depends fully on whats under the dress/kilt. manbits = man, womenbits = woman.

I actually do refer to post-ops as what they are going for though. I am not judging their choice or desire, just going with a definition people can understand. men have penis, women have vaginas.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

?

Incidentally, Why do you want to be a guy?
I am a guy.
its totally overrated...and at best, uncomfortable, hairy, and a bit smelly...
But I digress, why? If your gay, then can't you simply be lesbian and be happy? Why the need to fundamentally alter your appearance? not judging...actually curious.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Otherwise I am sure I never would have heard about the event in the first place.

Oh my, the ignorance is strong in this one. Eurovision is only the biggest and most popular song contest in the world. 180,000,000 people tune in to watch it. It has been around since the 1950's

The Eurovision Song Contest is one of the longest running television shows in the world. It was on the 24th of May, 1956, that Europe saw the first ever Eurovision Song Contest. After 56 runnings, the contest is one of the most typical European traditions and without doubt, Europe's favorite TV show! In 2005, the Eurovision Song Contest celebrated its 50th anniversary by picking the best entry to date

Eurovision history

I don't see how ostensibly Austria giving the song to the performer has any relevance to my earlier comment.
That was my point, he did not pick it out.
And it went through whatever channels were necessary to have it all over the world as an Illuminati advertisement.

Austria gave Conchita nothing, she wrote the song with a little help herself. She is also far from the first man in a dress to perform and win on there either. Israel, yes Israel entered a transesxual called Dana International - also touted as one of the worst winners ever.

America, it's time to play catch up. Here in the rest of the world diversity is not frightening, it's just accepted.

edit on 13-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

. . . the ignorance is strong in this one.
I don't live in Europe.
Regardless of how ignorant you think that is, it is still a fact that I never would have heard of this . . whatever it is, thing, except it was being hyped on web sites because this dude was dressed like a woman or something.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

. . . the ignorance is strong in this one.
I don't live in Europe.
Regardless of how ignorant you think that is, it is still a fact that I never would have heard of this . . whatever it is, thing, except it was being hyped on web sites because this dude was dressed like a woman or something.

We watch it here in Australia too. Australia even had a guest performance during the second semi final.

Anywho, my main point was that the fact he is a drag queen isn't that shocking for a Eurovision contest. He most likely won because his song gives a big middle finger to Putin. Often the wins are more politically based than talent based.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Does anybody remember Lord Ra-El? LORD RAYEL

A new group is in town:

Well, this song reminded me of this video of theirs:

Apollyon Rising?

PS: Please don't flame me, I do NOT endorse any of these links.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I agree Mr winkle has a mind of his own...bloody annoying he is

top topics

<<   2 >>

join