It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US starts countrywide nuclear drill after similar war games in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The US Strategic Command, the agency responsible for country’s nuclear arsenal, will hold large-scale war games this week that will include 10 B-52 Stratofortresses and up to six B-2 Spirit bombers, along with other military and government agencies.

So after Russia and NK comes the US..
Coldwar 2.0 much? It seems they really want the population to think tensions are rising between Russia and the US. Who can blame em right? Next up oil and food prices soar and somewhere someone will make a lot of money.

The exercise will be conducted from May 12-16 and is set “to deter and detect strategic attacks against the US and its allies,” the Strategic Command said in a statement.

Not much to add, I just think it was worth a thread, and to keep an eye on. Drills have a nasty habit of bringing unwanted events with it.
rt.com...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

After all the issues surrounding the US nuclear weapons program, Namely the firing of several commanders and officers, it stands to reason that the new commanders would conduct training exercises to ensure they and their units are fully mission capable.

A lot of planning goes into large training exercises, they don't just happen as knee jerk reactions.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

+3 more 
posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
US Nuclear drill?

OK politicians and bankers into the deep luxury bunker with plenty of food!

Rest of you? Feck off and die bitches! Screw you for being poor!

Is that about right?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
All this empty posturing is going to get more frequent by the looks of it....I expect everybody, The EU, Russia, The US, and all those non NATO countries in between the giants will have to spend hard won resources to measure up to the phony foo faraw the majors are fomenting.....

You can bet your sweet bippy no other small country will EVER disarm itself of WMDs on a handahke as the Ukrain did in Budapest back then......
And the bogus guarantees made by all the signatories to the Ukraine will be held up as the reasons why....
Situation normal...some will lose everything.....and.everybody loses but the Bankers.....
edit on 12-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Wait a minute here, hold the phone, I am beginning to think something might be wrong....

The source is RTdotcom. The tag line for the 'news' site is as follows:
"RT is the first Russian 24/7 English-language news channel which brings the Russian view on global news."

Russian view of American military exercises...

So the headline that seems to lead one to believe that drills will be held country wide, is a little off.
From what I can tell, there will be a training event for stratcom, but this is by no means a 'countrywide' drill where school children are hiding under desks and air raid sirens going off. The stratcom website isnt loading for me right now.

Oh and my edit, after taking approx 30 seconds to check out one more detail...
Global lightning and global thunder are annual training events. They happen every year, hence the name Global Lightning 14.

Here is an article describing the annual exercise last year:
Global Lightning
edit on 12-5-2014 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Did not know that, ty

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I stand by my post regardless, just more empty posturing.....its like the layers of an onion.....
My biggest hope is everyone in the world sees through the propaganda all at the same time one day.....

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Practicing for nuclear war where all citys get nuked to #?

Sounds kinda stupid actually.

If you get properly nuked? Why even bother?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
So to chalk it up. We are wasting billions in tax dollars bumping our chests?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

RT is like watching the "news" in the US. Bias is just as bad. But that's the problem since Cowboy Ted blessed us with CNN, in order to have a 24 hour news channel, you have to have programming to get viewers to sell ad space. Same applies to the web now. Nickel a hit if you're hot enough.
I check it daily as well as the BBC and others in order to find the balance of what is going on with the world. Or better said, want they want us to believe.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
US Nuclear drill?

OK politicians and bankers into the deep luxury bunker with plenty of food!

Rest of you? Feck off and die bitches! Screw you for being poor!

Is that about right?

I still see some cosmic justice in being sealed underground for whatever
length of time with only those of my own mind's kind... especially that kind.
I wonder what their technology consists of for pepperoni recycling? 57 to
60 years is a long time to watch reruns and order Chicago style deep.
Like five miles deep BWAHAHahahaaaaaa.
EDIT:: Had to bump you Crazy, and as usual you're far from it.
I'll take poor and even dead as long as we're on the right side
of history, written accurately or not. Besides if there's another
go at this, the rocks we'd have to pound for penance would be a
lot smaller than some others'... maybe even a smaller pile as well

edit on 12-5-2014 by derfreebie because: Got your six-- careful with that halberd Eugene

edit on 12-5-2014 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17
Taxes are spent on a lot of crazy things, that will never change. Obey and decay.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Meh.

Nothing to see here citizen, move along.

As others have pointed out, the source is RT of all places.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Haven't they done this already?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"Nickel a hit if you're hot enough"

The thing is all those "hits" are "SKIP THIS ADD",,and the advertising execs have the "money-ed ones" believing,, that its good advertising,,

meanwhile i curse the SOB every time THE VOLUME ON THE AD=SENCE AD'S NEEDS TOO BE CLICKED OFF!!

but hey see,, its another customer,, "hit"!

give me my nickle,,,,
biggest scam in Century's.

a reply to: the owlbear

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I bet the X-37B and a few CHAMP Missiles are stretching their legs right about now.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

At this moment in time I don't think the United States
wants to encourage high oil prices, In fact I think they want oil
prices to drop...considerably.

Low oil prices leaves Russia with a serious problem.

Giving Russia one .. is where it's at right now.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I stand by my post regardless, just more empty posturing.....its like the layers of an onion.....
My biggest hope is everyone in the world sees through the propaganda all at the same time one day.....

It always amuses me to see somebody who got their facts wrong in their thread and then when corrected, they say "I stand by my post regardless". Regardless of the fact that you were wrong. Thanks for the laugh.

new topics

top topics

join