It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea says North Korea "must disappear soon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well, this doesn't seem particularly helpful. I think Kim's reaction might be downright harsh.

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A rhetorical battle between the rival Koreas intensified Monday with a South Korean official saying North Korea "must disappear soon."

This was followed by..

South Korean Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told reporters at a briefing in Seoul that North Korea isn't a real country and exists for the benefit of only one person, a reference to dictator Kim Jong Un. He said the North has no human rights or public freedoms.
Source

The two nations go through their periods of cooling and warming for their relationship a couple times a year it seems. At least in terms of higher tensions. I wonder how far that rhetoric can go? Disappearing neighboring countries, physically or politically, isn't terribly nice.

This is the rhetoric we've gotten used to hearing from the North. The South matching it doesn't make it sound any better, IMO.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Oh that must not be good for dear leader health, the poor soul just gained 40+ pounds this year alone
evil capitalist must want to give him a heart attack with this harsh talking

Kim Jong-Un Is 'Getting Fatter'

So saying the truth is bad how exactly? we all hope it disappears soon, actually now its not soon enough

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I guess it has been too quiet over there and the South needed to stoke the flames a little bit. While young Kim was paying attention to internal executions, South Korea felt left out.

You know, I was thinking about dictators kids and how psychopathic they are. I was thinking about Saddam's boys and they grow up under their father's rule being basically untouchable. Saddam's sons didn't get to grow up and come to power thankfully. But young Kim seems to be a psychopath of the next level. He really is just getting to feel his oats. If he is going to execute his Uncle and all the other ones I don't recall their names, how does he feel about using one of those nukes? Could the military push his buttons to get him to act where his father wouldn't?

Just something I was thinking about. Somewhere I read the other day China had a plan for North Korea collapsing that was leaked or released. It makes me think China might feel like they won't be around too long either.

edit on 12/5/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

First of all - NK won't be "nuked" - it's too close to china and south korea - not to mention hong kong and japan.

What do we really know about NK?

We know that the US elites always give them money when they squawk.

We see only what the elite press want to portray NK as being.

Think beyond the box of elitist crap that we are fed.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Happy1

The elitist crap started when they had some grand idea of coexistence, the north/south idea. Started with the east/west crapola.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

This is the rhetoric we've gotten used to hearing from the North.

Who is used to it? Will we ever really be "used to" threats of obliteration from North Korea? That country is sick, and the only reason they are still alive is because of China. China wont tolerate them for long, I don't think, and when they get tired of the a$s h0le of the world nation of North Korea, I hope they flip that place upside down and drown them all in the sea.
edit on 12-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
NK is in good spot too for Americas interest but maybe this could be the reason why they havnt invade NK yet? That China etc doesnt want Americas that close? But they already kinda are with other part of the Korea. Its just dont add up with my mind, granted im not very intellicent person just average maybe but all the news about NK making these statements year after year, how they gonna bomb US with nukes etc. All the info how barbaric NK leaders are etc, i think America and others have invade countries with much less "provokation", even made some false flag events to get their allies and ppl with their invasion plans and then just keep on rolling that same ride as loong they can. I find it extremely hard to trust any news nowdays, i can play around with theories but i will not accept these things as facts/truths, someones always manipulating situations to benefit their interest.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Maybe Denis Rodman can just go over there and smooth it all over.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Un only exists because China and the US like having the buffer in place. It's why we're always so quick to hush him up, no doubt getting some huge benefit with China on the backend when we do. As long as he doesn't go too crazy, he'll remain in power, but if he does overstep...I'm sure there is a general or two in position to take his place as the US/China placeholder.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

South Korea says North Korea "must disappear soon"

Well .. they are right. It can't continue in a world that is moving forward. That being said, when N. Korea ends - which it will implode at some point - it won't become part of South Korea. Most likely, it'll get gobbled up by China in a land grab that won't be contested by the USA or Russia IMHO.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is just rhetoric, pure and simple. Neither side wants to get back into a shooting war, nor do their allies. China and the USA do not want to see this progress beyond just harsh words, nor does any other country in the area want this to get into a shooting war.

What is going to happen, is that they are going to speak harshly, when it goes too far, the corresponding ally will call the side speaking into private conference, and tell them to tone it down and life goes back to normal. The side that throws the first punch is the one that will face the wrath of the world and neither side can have that.

Think about it, if North Korea throws the first punch, beyond what would be acceptable by China, it risks losing any support that China provides it. And if South Korea throws the first punch, the same can be said for the United States.

It is rhetoric to just irritate the neighbor, that is all.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

it won't become part of South Korea. Most likely, it'll get gobbled up by China in a land grab that won't be contested by the USA or Russia IMHO.

Interesting, if that was most people thinks i can see China helping SK to gain control of NK, just for pr, what is that forsaken land for them after all, i bet they have better places to make their first free of contest move elsewhere.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Happy1
a reply to: spirit_horse

First of all - NK won't be "nuked" - it's too close to china and south korea - not to mention hong kong and japan.

What do we really know about NK?

We know that the US elites always give them money when they squawk.

We see only what the elite press want to portray NK as being.

Think beyond the box of elitist crap that we are fed.

First off, I never said NK would be nuked.

No, I worked in the intel community and have a lot more real knowledge than you ever will.

Also, I go to the DPRK website often and read their own press. They are not the West MSM!
DPRK Website

DPRK News Website

Maybe you should wake up and smell the crap you are shoveling!

ETA: websites

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Yea, but you are making the assumption they think logically and reasonably. Their actions don't follow that assumption.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Where's it suppose to disappear to?
And it's people?

This sounds oddly similar to something a certain person from Iran said about a certain Israel country.

Guess if its not a middle easterner saying it, it must not be so bad.

Way for the MSM to stay all over this and condem this kind of talk...oh wait......

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Where's it suppose to disappear to?
And it's people?

This sounds oddly similar to something a certain person from Iran said about a certain Israel country.

Guess if its not a middle easterner saying it, it must not be so bad.

Way for the MSM to stay all over this and condem this kind of talk...oh wait......

More than likely he was referring to the regime or the way the country is at present.

I honestly cannot blame them for starting to get p1ssed off given the crap the north has done over the past few decades & continues to do.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

South and North Korean rhetoric seems eminently interchangable these days.

It's getting hard to tell the nutters apart.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

China wont tolerate them for long, I don't think, and when they get tired of the a$s h0le of the world nation of North Korea, I hope they flip that place upside down and drown them all in the sea.

Just so long as we keep something in mind. Aside from Kim and his merry band of murdering marauders, there are over 20 million civilians in that nation. Over 20 million who have never known electricity as a given thing in life that 'just is'. They've never known a world where the national leader isn't the Deity they worship as well, and by force of the State. They'll have to adapt and adjust to things like Grocery Stores, just as the communist populations from Eastern Europe came across much of this as a new thing, but here? On a MUCH different scale, of course.

The DPRK is one of, if not THE most backward, primitive and uneducated nation left on Earth today. Not by ANY fault of the people who live there though. If they protest, they die or get '3 Generations of Punishment' imposed in hard labor camps.

I want to see the DPRK come to an end as well, for the sake of everyone, but most of all, those 10's of millions of North Koreans who did nothing wrong but be born on the wrong side of a map line.
edit on 13-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Russia will certainly have something to say about it. What many people do not understand is that North Korea has more ties to Russia than China.

The DPRK's former leader Kim Jong Il was born in Russia. His father Kim II Sung, The founder of the DPRK, fought in The Soviet Military from 1941 - 1945.

So, This is not just about China. Russia is very influenctial when it comes to North Korea. The ruling family are Soviet Puppets, and always have been. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

join