It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans are Sneaky...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Cynical populace.

Hey! I'm not cynical..

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Politics in America is like an abusive relationship.

Every 2 to 4 years, the politicians come out and say, "Hey baby, I won't beat you anymore. I've changed, I promise! This time it'll be different!"

And after every election, we believe their lies, and we all become "shocked" when they start beating us again.

Cynical?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Every 2 to 4 years, the politicians come out and say, "Hey baby, I won't beat you anymore. I've changed, I promise! This time it'll be different!"

And after every election, we believe their lies, and we all become "shocked" when they start beating us again.

Cynical?

Government has become so rotten from within that a Chicken Hawk would pass on its carcass.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Fox News is the only conservative network. The majority of Liberals get there news from the internet and ALL the other sources. Basically there are more progressive and in the middle news sources and only one Fox News. So you have a larger population of liberals but since there's only one conservative net work they get all the conservatives.

Fox News is the laughing stock of world media... And really the world period. Only the conservatives fall for there bs.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I think MSNBC is the Court Jester for the Obama Administration.

All their stories reflect the way the Liberals think and enjoy life.

It's always easy to appeal to F- fumble-flunkies.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The two party monopoly and electoral college are fraudulent. The executive branch of the USG has assumed total control through it's total ownership of information. Paranoia is constantly encouraged so the populace can't think clearly, see the truth and self-organize.

Theft and fraud are legal if you don't get convicted. Successful fraudulent schemes are celebrated as innovative. Torture, criminal activity, political avarice and murder are presented in morally ambiguous ways to desensitize the population.

This empire must be disintegrated from the outside. The inside seems very much under control.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Don't know what to say? Are those the choices to argue over? who is dishonest and who is ineffective?

Couldn't we just agree that neither is good when selecting our representatives?

In my view, the GOP are dishonest and serve their wealthy backers (in the name of free-market capitalism of course) and the Democrats are ineffective and think their job description is to complain about the GOP rather than get stuff done...and the leaders of both parties are deeply in their own self-serving bubbles.

I think severe campaign finance reform is the answer. We can't expect our representatives to serve us when the powered elite are writing them the checks.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
The biggest difference I see is for example Bush Jr wouldn't lie about what he would do, he would just do it and say to the people: "yeah,...so what?...I'm doing it!"...

I hate to bring it up, but while me might not lie about what he would do, he's certainly capable of lying about WHY he would do it......WMD anyone??!!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

They only filibuster to get answers. It doesn't end the nomination process. It's a way to vet the nominee.

As u have seen, they filibuster to get answers. Then they even vote to allow the nominee through saying Obama gets to choose his cabinet members.

But it's obvious that u don't understand how government works.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Don't hate bringing it up, you are right Bush was and is a tool of the neocons and their masters... I was just trying to point out the difference in the way the repubs screw over the American citizens as opposed to the way the dems do it...

Both parties are in back rooms slapping each other on the back while smoking Cubans and sipping brandy...

In short, we are screwed...

edit on 12-5-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
We were warned by President George Washington regarding the downfalls of a two party system. We shouldn't be surprised of the aftermath of such structures, nor should we be surprised that we're undereducated on the subject matter.

George Washington on the Baneful Effects of Political Parties

Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the Spirit of Party...”

Excerpts from George Washington’s Farewell Address September 19, 1796

“... One of the expedients of Party to acquire influence, within particular districts, is to misrepresent the opinions & aims of other Districts. You cannot shield yourselves too much against the jealousies & heart burnings which spring from these misrepresentations. They tend to render Alien to each other those who ought to be bound together by fraternal Affection. ...

“All obstructions to the execution of the Laws, all combinations and Associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, controul counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the Constituted authorities are distructive of this fundamental principle and of fatal tendency. They serve to Organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force — to put in the place of the delegated will of the Nation, the will of a party; often a small but artful and enterprizing minority of the Community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public Administration the Mirror of the ill concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the Organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common councils and modefied by mutual interests. However combinations or Associations of the above description may now & then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the Power of the People, & to usurp for themselves the reins of Government; destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.

“... in a country so extensive as ours, a Government of as much vigour as is consistent with the perfect security of Liberty is indispensable — Liberty itself will find in such a Government, with powers properly distributed and adjusted, its surest Guardian. It is indeed little else than a name, where the Government is too feeble to withstand the enterprises of faction ...

“I have already intimated to you the danger of Parties in the State, with particular reference to the founding of them on Geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, & warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the Spirit of Party, generally.

“This Spirit, unfortunately, is inseperable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human Mind. It exists under different shapes in all Governments, more or less stifled, controuled, or repressed; but in those of the popular form it is seen in its greatest rankness and is truly their worst enemy.

“The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.

“Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight) the common & continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and the duty of a wise People to discourage and restrain it.

“It serves always to distract the Public Councils and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill founded Jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot & insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence & corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country, are subjected to the policy and will of another.

“There is an opinion that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the Administration of the Government and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true--and in Governments of a Monarchical cast Patriotism may look with endulgence, if not with favour, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate & assuage it. A fire not to be quenched; it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest instead of warming it should consume.

Transcript of the Entire Speech can be found here.

Source

Did anybody notice that the speech is laden with references to the spirit of parties being bad for our government's health?

The corruption of a political popularity contest was predicted early on to be a cancer within our society of freedom. Is there a doctor in the house? Can we get a second opinion? Should we consider chemo options?

Well, you can't say that we weren't warned well in advance. Both parties were bound to be sneaky about things.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Republicans and conservatives are looking to take down the government. What the morons don't understand is that their money is tied to that same government.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Cynical?

Conservatives are the ones who say "I hate government, hire me!"

Id like to see you guys hire a mechanic who says "I hate cars, hire me!"

GOP loves to run a dysfunctional government and then blame it on the government. lol

Wait a minute Cleedus, you are the one who makes the policy.

We need eugenics

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Fox News is the only conservative network. The majority of Liberals get there news from the internet and ALL the other sources. Basically there are more progressive and in the middle news sources and only one Fox News. So you have a larger population of liberals but since there's only one conservative net work they get all the conservatives.

Fox News is the laughing stock of world media... And really the world period. Only the conservatives fall for there bs.

lol!! so fox is totally out numbered?

and what does the world have to do with our US politics?

lol!!! how does your lefty progressive crap work in nigeria?

or china? let's be real, try iran.

u are pretty funny, dude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join