It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Currently recovering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Past few days i was having problems swallowing and breathing, felt like something was in my throat far down below my adams apple and slightly above my collarbone. I had been procrastinating about going to the e.r. because i'm uninsured and my attempts at signing up for that super awesome healthcare site were futile, so I finally had to take myself in and get checked out. After 8 hours of waiting i find out i've got a viral & bacterial infection in my throat. They toss me a prescription for penicillin vk and send me home. As of now I have *zero* energy so i think most of my week will be spent here on ATS

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

If you feel it going into your lungs, get to the hospital. Viral and bacterial co-infections can become a serious problem really fast. Hope you don't suffer with the present problems too much.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeakseriously i complain about my government but at least i don,t need to think can i afford to go get well,i can,t even grasp that concept. its quite sad that if u have no insurance then you have no care.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Seems a popular infection this year....I know a couple people who have similar things happing..
Take care...sunshine helps but just stay out of the wind.....

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Granddaughter just spent six days here with the same kind of thing. Went to the ER the second day, she was sent there from the walk in clinic because she sort of passed out when they took her BP. High fever.

Two pints of salt water in an IV and three and a half hours later they sent her back here with no meds. She couldn't breath two days later, had to bring her in again late at night, nebulizer and this ER doctor said she had both a virus and a bronchial infection and gave her some Z-pac. She was starting to get better the next morning, she was getting worse after the first appointment but this doctor correctly diagnosed it. The zpacks worked, it was bacterial or fungal. She had a white tongue the first time, but she says the doctor never check throats. I told her to tell her doctor about the white tongue the first time, that is a sign, neither her or my daughter said anything about the tongue to the doctor. She could have been given antibiotics then.

Don't doctors even look into people's mouths anymore? They used to always stick a stick into your mouth in the past. How can they diagnose something without looking in your mouth?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

So much for signing up with a pre-existing condition huh. I'm so sorry Obamacare wouldn't accept your application.

I'm also very glad you broke down and went to the ER. Viral infections are nothing to play around with.

Hope you get to feeling tip top soon!

Des

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

So much for signing up with a pre-existing condition huh. I'm so sorry Obamacare wouldn't accept your application.

I'm also very glad you broke down and went to the ER. Viral infections are nothing to play around with.

Hope you get to feeling tip top soon!

Des

Obamacare signup deadline was March 31st, I believe. Now you have to wait until November 1st, I think, for the next enrollment. Although, you can now sign up under a private plan with an insurer, for alot more $$

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Granddaughter just spent six days here with the same kind of thing. Went to the ER the second day, she was sent there from the walk in clinic because she sort of passed out when they took her BP. High fever.

Two pints of salt water in an IV and three and a half hours later they sent her back here with no meds. She couldn't breath two days later, had to bring her in again late at night, nebulizer and this ER doctor said she had both a virus and a bronchial infection and gave her some Z-pac. She was starting to get better the next morning, she was getting worse after the first appointment but this doctor correctly diagnosed it. The zpacks worked, it was bacterial or fungal. She had a white tongue the first time, but she says the doctor never check throats. I told her to tell her doctor about the white tongue the first time, that is a sign, neither her or my daughter said anything about the tongue to the doctor. She could have been given antibiotics then.

Don't doctors even look into people's mouths anymore? They used to always stick a stick into your mouth in the past. How can they diagnose something without looking in your mouth?

i also had/have a white tongue, they did a swab and it came back negative for strep. sorry to hear about her situation im assuming she is feeling better now though? if so AWESOME!

@des they said i didn't make enough cash to qualify for that (no ones fault but myself, not blaming anyone) and it told me to contact medi-cal (im in california and since we're so awesome i guess we have our own healthcare subsidary deal -- which i did and their website is ultra confusing and have to do paperwork over the phone i believe

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't know a single person that signed up for ACA and I hope for you that your health and happiness is met. Get well soon friend!!!!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hope you get well soon.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Man, I thought this was about recovery from alcoholism and I had this long, very well thought out post.

So moving along,
don't mean to be a bummer about this, but it sounds like the same symptoms my father-in-law experienced before being diagnosed with throat cancer.

Get it checked out.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I travel a lot except for last year but when I did most countries I went to most meds were over the counter including antibiotics so I kept myself well stocked for just in case which saved me many doctors visits. Not everyone travels so I found myself in need this year and a poster on here told me you can get them without a script at veterinary stores or feed stores. I wound up buying about 200 capsules of cephalexin online for fish tanks I already got them and they are the same exact pill you get from the pharmacy (same markings and everything) for about 1 quarter the cost. I did get a script from my doctor so I have been able to compare. I recommend everyone keeps a stocked medicine cabinet for just in case scenarios.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Glad you know what it is and are now being treated. Get well soon!!!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak
Past few days i was having problems swallowing and breathing, felt like something was in my throat far down below my adams apple and slightly above my collarbone. I had been procrastinating about going to the e.r. because i'm uninsured and my attempts at signing up for that super awesome healthcare site were futile, so I finally had to take myself in and get checked out. After 8 hours of waiting i find out i've got a viral & bacterial infection in my throat. They toss me a prescription for penicillin vk and send me home. As of now I have *zero* energy so i think most of my week will be spent here on ATS

wow.. !

You just describe how I got my cold.. I felt like something had attached itself to the right side of my throat on Friday early afternoon ..by 2 am Sat morning it went full blown cold and 30$ in over the counter is barely kicking it .. ER..went there .. they didn't have anything for the common cold / flu..."end quote" (and yes.. I have insurance LOL)

I'm watching my cold and as of yesterday I now have a cough, it's deep but mucus is clear .. so far. as long as I can stop my nose from running I should be ok..

hope you return to to good health SOON...

edit on 12-5-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

wow.. !

You just describe how I got my cold.. I felt like something had attached itself to the right side of my throat on Friday early afternoon ..by 2 am Sat morning it went full blown cold and 30$ in over the counter is barely kicking it .. ER..went there .. they didn't have anything for the common cold / flu..."end quote" (and yes.. I have insurance LOL)

I'm watching my cold and as of yesterday I now have a cough, it's deep but mucus is clear .. so far. as long as I can stop my nose from running I should be ok..

did they run any tests on you, or swab your throat? i would keep an eye on your situation -- if u feel it getting any worse don't hesitate to go back to the E.R.

i'll be keeping you and everyone else on ATS in my thoughts!

now, time to make me a sandwhich - im starvinggggg

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

wow.. !

did they run any tests on you, or swab your throat? i would keep an eye on your situation -- if u feel it getting any worse don't hesitate to go back to the E.R.

i'll be keeping you and everyone else on ATS in my thoughts!

now, time to make me a sandwhich - im starvinggggg

nope.. no swab or anything.. just str8 up SOL !!!

Still taking the OTC meds, walmarts version of Claratin ..seems to be doing ok .. nose has cleared up quite a bit.. but still a bit runny ..

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Hope you feel better.
(and I use ATS to pass the time while I'm sick - chronically ill - as well
)

top topics

join