It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One possibility of what our universe could be.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

In 1,000 years computer intelligence will be able to do just that following moore's law.

Moore's Law does not predict that computers will become intelligent. I think they probably will, but not due just to brute processing power.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

if there was a big bang, the explosion would blow things in all directions, not a plane.

Where ever did you get the idea that the expansion of the universe was two-dimensional?

Ah, wait, I think I see. You read somewhere that the geometry of spacetime is flat. Uh-oh!

Read this. It will help you understand.

Whenever you can find three points in space, and join them with laser beams, and find that the triangle doesn’t have the expected 180 degrees, that means that space is curved.

And when no matter where the spacecraft are the angles add up to 180 degrees–that is what it means for space to be flat.

In the three dimensions of space that we can perceive, the expansion of the universe is globular, not planar.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

"We now know that the universe is flat with only a 0.4% margin of error", according to NASA From en.wikipedia.org...

That is what most articles I read on this say.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's right. It's flat in four dimensions, the way a two-dimensional sheet of paper is flat in three dimensions.

Did you read the link? If that doesn't help you get it, I don't think any explanation of mine will.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I often though we are the product of a striking a match, the big bang of the match being struck with the inevitable cauldron of processes and chemical reactions creating the all the universes and life, till all energy is spent and the that cosmos will cease to be....until someone or something strikes a match again.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

If you think of our universe being a part of the cellular structure of a larger intity. Why would you think this being had any more intelligence than a corresponding being in our world.
On another such thread, it was speculated that our universe might just be a "brain cell of god". If this be the case, how could this being have any benevolent feelings toward us? We would not even exist in their world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join