It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One possibility of what our universe could be.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

another great post bud.

i can't... er... i don't know why they say nothing is faster than light because apparently the ENTIRE UNIVERSE is faster than light.

universe is supposedly 13.7 billion years old, so even LIGHT could only travel 13.7 billion light years in that time. yet the universe is supposedly 90something billion lightyears across.

Neil DeGrasse (sp) in cosmos debunks the 6000 year old universe by saying that stars over 6000 lightyears away would not be visible if that were the case. The light could not yet have reached us. But he does not address the problem of the 13.7 billion year old universe being bigger than it should have had time to expand. so apparently the universe expands faster than the speed of light or did at one time? i don't get it. i don't think the universe is 6000 years old, but I'm confused. so confused that i would have to say that, with what little we know, it may very well be within the realm of possibility that the universe is only 6000 years old.

because taking into account what little we know, ANYTHING could be possible!

good thread everyone!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The shape of our universe is a torus.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

Human Life actually reminds me of the H7N9 virus. The Universe (including non-human Life) would be tantamount to the "human cell."

Here is a pictorial description (sorry couldn't figure out how to preview picture):

www.nature.com...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What drives me crazy is thinking about what the universe is contained in. I mean, it's expanding but into what? Further, if it is contained in something, what is that something contained in? What it comes down to is that my feeble brain can't comprehend infinity.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

End of Men in Black summed it up best, our verse is simply one of many in some omnipotent multiverse creating super entities marble bag!

edit on 12-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

In what dimension through? And how can something without any perceivable edge have shape?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I always thought the structure of the universe does look organic. A close biological analogy, in a structural resemblance, is brain tissue.

edit on 12-5-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: smurfy
Not so sure about the rationale here, but then I don't go too much with the Big Bang idea either.

Why?

Too difficult to imagine EVERYTHING in our known universe all crammed into a single dark tiny point in empty space?

What if at some point our universe suddenly stops expanding and EVERYTHING collapses rapidly back into that point in empty space, then BANG it all happens again?

Maybe you really have been here before... Perhaps billions of times?

You got a problem with my imagination?
Why would I think the imagination is something difficult, with imagination you have a free license, with a free license I can imagine jumping the Grand Canyon.
Anyway, the big bang theory is about a 'possible' origin of the Universe, a collapsing Universe is about the aftermath, 'The Big Bounce' There are also a raft of alternatives. There is also the problem of empty space, I'm not going to be catched with saying it's either something or nothing, just what is it?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

LOL! I was going to mention one of the Men In Black Films. Especially the one where the tiny universe was inside the pendent! Classic!

Also I think the Earth, not sure of the whole universe, was created by ET's for their Amusement as a Reality Show. Lol!!!

Good Thread OP!!! Thought Provoking ! S+F.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

"Also I think the Earth, not sure of the whole universe, was created by ET's for their Amusement as a Reality Show"

Its as good an analogy as any other as to a description of our universe considering we were never designed with the capability or means to achieve any meaningful answer.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

You present no evidence. Even your diagram disproves what you say as those elements have no analogue in the universe other than 'stuff inside of stuff'

Also this is theory is ver ver old

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is the topic I often wonder about. Here on Earth there are "micro cosmos" we can't even see with the naked eye. Things such as bacteria, germs, cells, etc. And even further down we have atoms, which have protons, neutrons, and electrons buzzing around it. And inside of protons and neutrons, you have quarks. And perhaps it doesn't even end there. There's just layers and layers of different things happening. Everything seems to almost mimic or be modeled after each other in some respects.

So you roughly have:

Quarks (only in the particles inside the nucleus) > protons/neutrons/electrons > atoms > elements > molecules > single cell organisms > multiple celled organisms.

Then from there you basically have:

Earth (a planet, or environment capable of hosting life.) > the solar system > the galaxy > the universe(s) > ?

Found this website to give a better perspective.
www.nsf.gov...

If you ask me, I don't think it stops at just this universe. It wouldn't seem like it would stop there. Maybe this thing we call the universe is an extremely small and insignificant particle inside of an "atom" which makes up an even bigger universe. And maybe that "universe" is just a tiny particle inside of yet another "universe" And perhaps there are numerous multi-verses that are separate from each other, and are governed by slightly different laws. Think of it as a different dimension, or a universe that has been coded differently, such as how organisms on Earth are effected by following certain genetic codes within DNA.

I love thinking about it. The possibilities are endless. And it gives you a nice little challenge to ponder about. Keep on thinking my friend, and I'll do the same. We humans will find the next piece of the puzzle sooner or later. I wonder what it will be.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The way I've always thought about the big bang was more of an expansion than bang. It's like someone right clicked us, selected extract here, and run.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
While on the subject, I always thought that the Human eye looks a lot like a Galaxy with a black hole in the middle of it. Just something I noticed. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I love freethinkers with fresh ideas about philosophy and origin! Excellent idea!

For me, it's always been the soap bubble, which is not that different from the big bang when it's created. Soap bubbles are created almost instantaneously and to me, reflect something coming from nothing from the chemical standpoint.
I've considered making a thread about it.

If you look at a large soap bubble Very closely and hold it still, you'll notice the rows of brilliant rainbow colors slowly creeping over the surface of the bubble.

If then, you lightly blow upon the surface of the bubble, you can watch the advance of colors as it shifts and changes.

Eventually interesting things happen where sporadic tiny black spots (dark matter) appear and the other colors fade to a yellowish-clear. The black spots grow and eat up the other areas of the bubble exponentially until the bubble is rapidly covered in mostly blackness at which point, it pops!

I see the universe's existence and life span as being similar to the soap bubble from what I've read about the movement of waves and how systems are swallowed by dark matter/black holes inevitably. It appears incredibly slow to us, of course, but, it seems to be happening.

If we don't have fresh ideas, we don't advance.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
interesting.

but there are other factors to consider:

“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”
Max Planck

“When the answer is simple, God is answering.”
--Einstein

“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent Being.”
--Sir Isaac Newton, Principia, Book 3

“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a super-intellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."
--Dr. Fred Hoyle (scientist who coined the term "Big Bang" who was unafraid to go wherever the facts led him, and who consequently recanted his atheism.)

Head of Human Genome Project, Dr. Francis Collins, converts to Christianity

"I set out to prove that my atheist position was correct."

“Since everything that is in motion must be moved by something, let us suppose there is a thing in motion which was moved by something else in motion, and that by something else, and so on. But this series cannot go on to infinity, so there must be some First Mover.”
--Aristotle, “Physics”

“One cannot be exposed to the law and order of the universe without concluding that there must be design and purpose behind it all... To be forced to believe only one conclusion--that everything in the universe happened by chance--would violate the very objectivity of science itself.”
--Werner von Braun, Letter to CA State Board of Education, 9/14/72

"The laws of nature produce no events, they state the pattern to which every event have only and can be induced to happen, must conform. Just as the rules of Arithmetic state the pattern to which all transactions of money, must conform, if only you can get a hold of any money. Thus in one sense the laws of nature cover the whole field of space and time. In another what they leave out is precisely the whole real universe. The incessant "
"For every law says in the last resort: 'If you have A, then B."
But first catch your A.
The laws will not do it for you."
--C.S.Lewis

youtube: The Case For A Creator With Lee Strobel
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
this guy, though a bit eccentric, has some interesting dot-connecting:

YT: Nephilim: TRUE STORY of Satan, Fallen Angels, Giants, Aliens, Hybrids, Elongated Skulls & Nephilim
youtu.be...

consider that every major historical figure has had supernatural guidance… that is not widely taught about, but you can find it in bios, etc…scientists, generals, composers: all often got their ideas fully formed: Descartes, Tesla, Hannibal, G. Washington, Jung, Mozart…

the very word "genius' comes from "djinn" aka supernatural...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

seems like the way science and history are taught is to glamorize and distract, really, imo, with the ideas… meanwhile purpose and God are belittled/maligned…

no one talks about the pyramids in every country and what their purpose was… China has pyramids larger than Giza… the architecture implies supernatural guidance/help as well, due to amazing technical feats...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
and often places forblood sacrificesseem to accompany these megalithic sites… another thing down-played even by supposed "alternative" media…

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wayside

It's been awhile, but there are a few articles that theorize that there are multiple universes, each one originating from a black hole.[/url]

You are referring to the work of Lee Smolin, who built upon the ideas of Wheeler and DeWitt.

edit on 17/5/14 by Astyanax because: one must give credit where credit is due.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join