It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One possibility of what our universe could be.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I ponder on what our universe is quite often and think I have a good idea on what one of those possibilities could be, a type of Amoeba (or at least in the beginning).

Amoeba’s as you see have a membrane for their skin and absorb food through it. They also reproduce asexually by creating an exact copy of themselves (multiverse anyone?).

The multiverse (or meta-universe) is the hypothetical set of infinite or finite possible universes (including the historical universe we consistently experience) that together comprise everything that exists and can exist: the entirety of space, time, matter, and energy as well as the physical laws and constants that describe them. The various universes within the multiverse are sometimes called parallel universes.Text

en.wikipedia.org...

So the beginning of the universe could have just been a split from some type of amoeba. Not a “bang” but probably more of a “rip”. All matter is what has and is being consumed by our amoeba. The dark matter is what our amoeba is actually made of. My guess is it continues to grow and evolve as we do only on a different scale. I would say our amoeba is on an intelligence scale that we can’t comprehend due to the time it has been alive and the knowledge gained from each “rip” if you will.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It is possible that you could be right. You have to remember, we are looking at things from the inside out. Our solar system could be a big atom like complex. The galaxy could be a complex molecule. If we imagine it from being so tiny, it appears to be sheetlike. Could also be a leaf or just a crystaline structure growing in a sheet. From where we are in this universe it would almost be impossible to know for sure.

The big bang theory....I don't think it is right, if there was a big bang, the explosion would blow things in all directions, not a plane. If there is a magnetic field holding it together, what is structuring this field, where are the poles. If it is thermal, then why are there differences to form the thermal. It just does not sound right without a reason for the formation. Things form in reoccurant patterns based on their molecular makeup. What structures this, it isn't random. The universe is not random, it is structured.

Putting out possibilities keeps our minds going, but face it, we could never comprehend something this big. It is probably structured like something we see in this world. We just can't see it all from outside.

S&F for trying to think on your own. By the way, don't mention your theory in the real world, most people believe in the big bang theory nowadays, they will think you are crazy for trying to think outside the box.
edit on 11-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If our universe is just an amoeba in the gut of some higher being that drank some contaminated water, what do you imagine it will be like when it vomits us up? The Big Puke Theory.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSource
I ponder on what our universe is quite often and think I have a good idea on what one of those possibilities could be, a type of Amoeba (or at least in the beginning).

Amoeba’s as you see have a membrane for their skin and absorb food through it. They also reproduce asexually by creating an exact copy of themselves (multiverse anyone?).

The multiverse (or meta-universe) is the hypothetical set of infinite or finite possible universes (including the historical universe we consistently experience) that together comprise everything that exists and can exist: the entirety of space, time, matter, and energy as well as the physical laws and constants that describe them. The various universes within the multiverse are sometimes called parallel universes.Text

en.wikipedia.org...

So the beginning of the universe could have just been a split from some type of amoeba. Not a “bang” but probably more of a “rip”. All matter is what has and is being consumed by our amoeba. The dark matter is what our amoeba is actually made of. My guess is it continues to grow and evolve as we do only on a different scale. I would say our amoeba is on an intelligence scale that we can’t comprehend due to the time it has been alive and the knowledge gained from each “rip” if you will.

i ponder on universe every night and think where are these people getting that everything came from nothing?that just seems alien to me,last 40 years the science they would have you believe they have had to reavaluate on it

now if they have had to do that then how can we believe what they tell us about anything?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
If our universe is just an amoeba in the gut of some higher being that drank some contaminated water, what do you imagine it will be like when it vomits us up? The Big Puke Theory.

hehe funny thought to think of. The amoeba doesn't have to be in another being we could just be floating in a sea of energy that its consuming.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

i also think that it is alive.

it is impossible that "only humans have souls".

but honestly, i really don't know about anything
the best i can do in this subject is non educated guess

peace

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
ahh the 'big bang theory', is there really any possible way that thing makes any real sense? I mean when you really think about it? Nice thoughts here, keep thinking

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not so sure about the rationale here, but then I don't go too much with the Big Bang idea either.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Not so sure about the rationale here, but then I don't go too much with the Big Bang idea either.

Why?

Too difficult to imagine EVERYTHING in our known universe all crammed into a single dark tiny point in empty space?

What if at some point our universe suddenly stops expanding and EVERYTHING collapses rapidly back into that point in empty space, then BANG it all happens again?

Maybe you really have been here before... Perhaps billions of times?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've often imagined that we are a tiny cell in a giant sentient creature. Then that giant is a tiny cell in a much larger sentient creature. Then I always go the reverse as well and wonder if their is sentient life in us that we can not pick up on because it is too small.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's been awhile, but there are a few articles that theorize that there are multiple universes, each one originating from a black hole.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Well not exactly cosmology but a good thread anyway and an interesting thought, You know in some way's you could draw an analogy between the superspace with it's infinited dimension's, colliding membrain's, universes and an infinetly complex protoplasmic soup so it is not inconceivable hypothetically that a macro universal organism could evolve or come into being and the implication's would be off the scale, of course it would not be an amoeba but what it would be is something I think even through conjecture and hypothesis we can not really describe except perhaps such a thing eat's universe's.
S+F

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Seems right let's hide ourselves inside ourselves. Then we can just shift from one dieing self into a new self without everyone noticing. We could have some peeps be planets some solar systems and some universes. we could do this through inherited diseases. We could resonnnate these beings at different frequencies creating different diminsions that create several size of beings on each dimisions. Then lets take the light and use it to hide these diminsions from eachother using the son and amplifiers and filters that can allow light and water to pass through.
edit on 11-5-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

the bing bang theory appeared when they analysed the trajectory of most things in space and realised that everything is sharing the same starting point....like being blown away from an explosion!

sorry for bad english

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
When looking at all the possible origins of the universe and life as we know it, I still think the most plausible is some form of artificial intelligence was the mastermind behind everything. The universe is how old? In 1,000 years computer intelligence will be able to do just that following moore's law. How can we be so sure some computer intelligence didn't create our universe where they enter and exit our reality.
edit on 11-5-2014 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
When looking at all the possible origins of the universe and life as we know it, I still think the most plausible is some form of artificial intelligence was the mastermind behind everything. The universe is how old? In 1,000 years computer intelligence will be able to do just that following moore's law. How can we be so sure some computer intelligence didn't create our universe where they enter and exit our reality.

I have have thoughts and ideas as well that we live in a simulated universe however simulated or not it is still a universe that we are in. If we can rule out what it isn't then it helps us understand what it could be. We know its expanding so it can't be something that is static or a solid state. the "shell" i guess if you will has to be able to withstand constant expansion. Scientists did find "ripples" earlier this year in support for the big bang however ripples could have also been created from a big rip if you will. Imagine our universe splitting into two and the ripples that it would cause. There are theories that point to multiple universes and this would fit nice into that theory.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It no amoeba, but a computer simulation of a super cluster of galaxies, and a mouses brain cell.

I wouldn't say a universal amoeba is intelligent, even though it apparently the whole cosmos. It just simply is.

Although ideas like that are somewhat relating to intelligent design, where cells and bacteria are like living machines capable of feat we complex, yet fragile creatures can only dream of. It said the information of a cell, is extremely huge to the point, that if it were written into a book, it would be at least 5 digits in pages. Then there is the flemginum (how ever you spell it), which is capable of an immense amount of rotations.

And a random one, the atom looks like the solar system in theory. Makes one wonder how some of the exceedingly large thing in the universe, are relative to something so exceedingly small.

edit on 12-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

No, no you're doing it all wrong. You can't just reasonably state an opinion or "what if?" like that - "One possibility of what our universe might be".

This is ATS!

You're supposed to make a completely unsupported bald assertion of fact. "We are living in a giant amoeba!" would be more in line with tradition.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

One of the best threads for a very long time, a great perspective and drawing some very interesting views. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of this.

We all know that planets get sucked into black holes and I also saw that we are due in millenia to collide with Andromeda, its the energy of the universe that attracts me when I think about it. I am so use to looking at it from the inside and through reading have learned that we have to look within ourselves which is either through strands of memory or our dna. Fascinating to take the opposite perspective and then try to imagine how fire, air, water and earth came into being and then into planets and us.

My logic fails me when I think of the universe because as Rickymouse rightly said about our minds "comprehending something so big" I get lost in wonderment.

I wonder if we are not one side of chaos within the universe and the other side of logical intelligence within planets etc.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So basically what you are saying is that whatever exists outside of our universe has the sh*ts?

LOL I can't help myself sometimes, sorry mods.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join