It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Grandmother claims to see demons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
a reply to: Maximus2014

Her name is Helen..? What are you accusing me of?

you said in your op "we'll call her Helen". This is usually a way of saying you "don't want to reveal her true name for the sake of privacy, but for the sake of ease of conversation, I'll pick a random name so we know who we are referring to when we talk about my great grandmother... hmmm... how about Helen? yep. that'll do!"

so the person replying to you was just saying that you are being paranoid so why not just use her real name? In my opinion it doesn't matter and it's your own business if you wish to reveal the true name of your grandmother. but i hope this explains to you what (i believe) that person was getting at. i would've thought the same thing but now you say it is her real name so while I'm left wondering why you used the phrase "we'll call her helen", when you could have just said "my great grandmother Helen" but i don't see a need to make a fuss about it as this aspect of your op is of little importance to me.

people assume that because something was caused by drugs or dementia or schizophrenia or whatever that it means it's somehow less "real". i don't see the evidence to come to that conclusion. just because we can't see it and touch it with our own eyes and hands, doesn't make it any less real to Me. Maybe it's real. Maybe it's not. i don't know. But i do think it would be mighty disrespectful to dismiss her claims as fake or crazy talk or not real because it was obviously real to Her so that kind of talk isn't likely to help her unless she is receptive to the idea.

for example, if she believes that having a cat or a lit candle or a bbible or any harmless thing in the house will help ward off the evil spirits or demons, just get her the damn cat or whatever. If it makes her feel better, that's all that matters. she may not have long anyway so why not make her last days as happy as possible as long as it doesn't cause any undue stress or pain and doesn't harm anyone?

i commend you for caring about her enough to take this situation seriously and to try to help in any way you can. i hope you find the answer to what you are looking for.

maybe our brains are designed to protect us or at least protec us from being afraid of the aappearance of, spiritual beings.... maybe when we get older sometimes that part of the brain fails to work. or when you take certain drugs that safety feature can be temporarily disabled...

There is so little we know... soooo little...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Tell your Grandma not to worry. The devil only openly messes with those he doesn't own. Having experienced demonic oppression I will say that those who blow this off as dementia are not in the know.

This guy has green eyes. If you don't know the story of the little girl who painted this in 40 hrs and Colton Burpo, the little boy whose confirmed his identity, you should.

Facebook asked me to tag this painting

edit on 5/12/2014 by sad_eyed_lady because: add word

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
Tell your Grandma not to worry. The devil only openly messes with those he doesn't own.

This advise is incorrect.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
Helen is very religious so this scared her very much.

Religion is powerless against evil.

In FACT, Satan hides behind Religious robes and is actually the creator of it.

If possible, have Helen listen to Mark Houser's video.

I use to be a non-believer who would mock Christians. God used the spirit realm to wake me up to a new reality through a series of encounters with Spirits. I previously did not believe in Spirits and thought Christians needed a crutch to get through life. However these events humbled me and turned my world upside down. I became a believer through these encounters.

My son, my daughter, myself, and the previous owner of the house all saw the spirit. There were also friends of mine and my teenagers that witnessed the spirit. I did not believe in the afterlife or the spirit realm. This experience lead me into ministry. I used to make a lot of money in business, but I gave that up, to minister.

Then, the strangest thing happened. The big house I had purchased turned out to be haunted. I know that sounds crazy, but it’s true. I called the previous owner, another businessman like myself who didn’t believe in demonic spirits. At least he said he didn’t. His wife told me they had decided to sell the house because of the spirits. Then she went on to describe what they had witnessed. It messed me up. I didn’t believe in the “spiritual realm.” I had no belief in God; in fact, I viewed Christians as people who needed a crutch to make it through life. I thought I had it all figured out. I believed in evolution. But if everything comes from matter, where do spirits come from…?

I decided to sell the house. In the proceeding months, the house sold and we moved into another one. Then one night after a church service, I came home to find my kids frozen in fear. When I asked what was wrong, they said they’d seen the spirit again in our new house. I caught a faint glimpse of it. I fell to my knees and started praying aloud, “By the blood of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit, I command you to go in Jesus name!” Then my son said, “Dad, stop, look at the ceiling!” I looked up to find shadows racing across the ceiling. “What is it?,” I asked. My daughter replied, “Don’t you see the angels?” The demonic spirit never returned.

Mark Houser Testimony

I spent the majority of my life seeking the approval and admiration of "man". I use to believe Christians were weak and Jesus was a crutch to make them feel better. I defined myself by my exotic cars, a big house, how much money I had in the bank. God knows exactly what it will take to turn each of us around. Because I was a "self-made" man of great pride, He had to bring me to my knees,literally, to reach me and transform me. To make a long story short, I unwittingly purchased a house, for myself and my two teenagers, that was occupied by "spirits". My teenagers saw and heard them, but since I didn't believe in that kind of thing, I passed it off to adolescent imaginations. Only after they refused to come home from a visit with their mother did I begin to take them seriously.

The "hauntings" were investigated and documented as authentic by a television series called "The Other Side". I ended up selling the house and losing thousands of dollars on it. During this whole episode, a friend of mine began inviting me to her church, saying I had the power to get rid of those spirits, in the name of Jesus. I did go to church with that friend and was saved the first time I walked through the doors. When one of the "evil spirits" appeared to my children and I in our new home, we immediately dropped to our knees in prayer. We witnessed an amazing display of the supernatural as angels appeared on our ceiling and the demons were permanently cast out.

Mark Houser

LINKS:
ATS Thread
Mark's Website
Mark Houser's Facebook
How To Make The Devil Leave You Alone

edit on 12-5-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MurgatroidReligion is powerless against evil.

This is also a incorrect statement.

originally posted by: MurgatroidIn FACT, Satan hides behind Religious robes and is actually the creator of it.

It is not fact that Satan hides behind religious robes. It is a fact; that it is based on your belief system.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Might want to find out if she's on any type of medication.

My Father has Parkinson's and the Medication they give him causes him to have horrible nitemares (not that this is related to your circumstances).

Just saying that sometimes the answer is in a bottle taken once or twice daily...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonewolf2
This is also a incorrect statement.It is not fact that Satan hides behind religious robes. It is a fact; that it is based on your belief system.

My "belief system" is based on reality, NOT religion.

YOUR definition of the word "religion" and mine are most likely two entirely different things.

The word has been twisted over time to mean something completely different to everyone.

When I think of the word, I think of mind control.

Religion is used as a mind control tool designed to steer you AWAY from the truth and away from god.

God is VERY real...

Religion on the other hand, NO.

It is used as a VERY effective tool to drive people away from God.

edit on 13-5-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

If she seems stable in other ways, I wouldn't assume this was some senility thing. I would, to be safe, recommend she gets checked out, to be sure there isn't some physical cause, such as a brain tumor or something. Assuming there isn't, maybe she really is seeing them. I do believe they are real, and it's possible they might torment someone. You mentioned a priest. Does that mean she's actually saved? I ask because not all that attend church regularly are. If she is, meaning she's made a personal decision to accept Christ as Savior, then she should be reminded that she can order, in His Name, such things to leave, and they WILL go.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'd like to know if she saw this demon directly in her vision as a solid being, or if it was a shadowy figure, a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of her eye, was it a reflection in the TV screen?

How about the voice, was it loud and distinct or quiet and indistinct? Was it right in one ear, in the room somewhere or did it seem far away?

If you can entertain the idea of some kind of unexplained phenomenon, in addition to some kind of a physical health issue, then the details are important in either case.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There's no reason to suppose that just because she's elderly she most likely has dementia.

Obviously there is a greater risk for the elderly, and the older you get the greater the risk, but it doesn't affect the majority of people.

And, crucially, it doesn't appear to be affecting your great grandma (though this could be the first sign).

I would look into her medication and certainly alert her GP.

It can't do any harm to have her house blessed by a priest; it may be of more psychological help than spiritual.

But you just can't tell.

We really know very little about the true nature of reality.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Had a relative who could see dead people, which is why she never went out tbh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join