It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car disappears into thin air on camera from busy road.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

A CCTV highway camera captures a bizarre moment featuring a speeding car disappearing without a trace. Most of us aren't experts, but it's probably safe to say that some editing was involved in this clip!

This video surfaced a couple days ago. Probably the result of editing but this is ATS so have at it. Sometimes I wonder how many, too good to be true, "it must be Photoshopped.", are actually the real deal...

Some other disappearing videos for fun.
Ghost car

White out, blink out.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blindprometheus

with no provenance - the clip is meaningless

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: blindprometheus

Whoa!!
S&F...
Now, somebody PLEASE come in and tell us that it's a hoax!!?

It looked very cool...but has now given me something else to stress about!

But...but...it looks so real....

jacy-the-now-worried-driver

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So the first video was so fake I couldn't even watch it a second time.

The second video I believe was explained that the car rammed the fence but the bottom of the fence isn't tied down so the car basically went underneath the fence and slammed back down before the video caught it.

The third appears strange and worth checking out. I do notice as the car begins to fade into the snow the car adjacent breaks quickly. Maybe he cut him off to make a turn which is why he sped up so fast there.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yes the source and handling of this video are a mystery to me. I did try and find the original release or some information on it, found nothing. Its why I brought it here, I couldn't properly debunk it.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'd like to see this happen to all those drivers that socially use/text on mobile phones while on the road.

Bally

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
The third appears strange and worth checking out. I do notice as the car begins to fade into the snow the car adjacent breaks quickly. Maybe he cut him off to make a turn which is why he sped up so fast there.

I agree. The third one was pretty interesting and looked the most convincing to me.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
the first clip i'm willing to bet is CGI is, on high end editing programs, you can limit the transparency of the pixillation
if you watch it you see coming from the left a transparent mass that moves from the top of the trees to the car that becomes clearer. then a big white blop that even the road is missing.

if you watch starting about the .02 sec mark to .03 sec mark. if you look at the top of the trees on the left of the curve just above the car you see the pixillation start and move as if swooping down on the car. you can see if in the middle than get clearer as the car disappears. in a movie editing software you could slow if down even more and see it better.

here is a screen shot of the road.
car right before it disappears, notice the white around it.

the road after the car disappears, notice how the road is white and it is spread out over a lager area.

and as another member said the second clip has been debunked, and they even did a piece on fact or faked.

the third one really didn't make a lot of sense to to me, but it could have been the play back. i'll down load it and see. what i'm i suppose to be looking for, i saw a lot of what appeared to be starting and stopping in the camera.

edit on 11-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Now that sounds completely logical, so thank you!

Bally...Too bad though, I kind of liked the idea of doing that to texting drivers!

jacygirl

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
whats that coming out of sky, that thing hit the car and it vanished by the hit.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
whats that coming out of sky, that thing hit the car and it vanished by the hit.

Exactly. I think the idea here is for us to notice this, and make it appear as weird event. You will notice that the elevated contrast affects the road as well for a moment after the car 'disappears' It could have been anything out of focus. In edit, hounddoghowlie has well noticed the same thing.
edit on 11-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I guess editing software will get better and better until no video can be trusted. I'll take the general consensus of the first being edited. I have no editing knowledge so I can't argue either way. The other two videos I just added for fun. I think the third video, the disappearing car is actually the second car on the right, the snow just covers the lane change.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: blindprometheus

I guess editing software will get better and better until no video can be trusted. I'll take the general consensus of the first being edited. I have no editing knowledge so I can't argue either way. The other two videos I just added for fun. I think the third video, the disappearing car is actually the second car on the right, the snow just covers the lane change.

i downloaded the last one and there are no buffer issues now, it's the van in front, of them and i think it CGI to. i found couple spots i'm gonna capture and look at them. and post them when done.
edit on 11-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: blindprometheus

Same sort of thing, just take advantage of a transient natural event, then do the bull.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Maybe that's why they are putting tracking devices in all cars now. Hee hee

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
So the first video was so fake I couldn't even watch it a second time.

The second video I believe was explained that the car rammed the fence but the bottom of the fence isn't tied down so the car basically went underneath the fence and slammed back down before the video caught it.

No magic in your world then Sherlock. I'm sure you're a fun person to be around.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
No magic in your world then Sherlock. I'm sure you're a fun person to be around.

Because trying to prove the truth means you aren't fun. I get it, unless you automagically jump to aliens or Illuminati you are boring.

Fact or Faked did a good job debunking the second clip during this episode: Fact or Faked: Ghost Car

edit on 11-5-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I think I seen the show that claimed that. Can't remember what the show was though( Fact or Faked Thanks opethPA). They did a couple different ways that it could have been done, before coming to the above conclusion. Only problem I found with this is in the research video the bottom of the fence had weeds and brush growing through parts of it and none of it was disturbed. If we're thinking of the same show.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

That's what I saw too. He sped up and turned off the road, to the right. You are right on the other two.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wrkn4livn

That's what I saw too. He sped up and turned off the road, to the right. You are right on the other two.

Yeah and me thinks if 1 second of footage was cropped as he sped away would make it appear far more normal, not saying it was tampered with, just saying....
edit on 12-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join