It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Bundy Ranch incident spark something? Or are people just taking advantage...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well according to yahoo news 40 to 50 people were spotted ridding there quads on government owned land. It was a small demonstration on how the government is over-reaching the boundaries and just ticking people off. Or is it people that just want to stir up something unnecessary? In my opinion I truly think the government has been acting pretty crazy lately and people might be on their last nerve! If something bad happens I could only assume the worse. What do you think? Is something bound to happen if more people continue to go against the government?

Dozens of people rode their ATVs and motorcycles on an off-limits trail in southern Utah in a protest against what the group calls the federal government's overreaching control of public lands.

San Juan County Sheriff Rick Eldredge said from 40 to 50 people, many of them waving American flags and some carrying weapons, drove about a mile down Recapture Canyon near Blanding Saturday and then turned around. Hundreds attended a rally at a nearby park before the protest.

"It was peaceful, and there were no problems whatsoever," the sheriff told The Associated Press

Link

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The government is AGAINST US. It is past time for people to draw attention to that fact. It is not the government's land, it is the people's land. We are not property of the government either, though some liberals seem to want to be.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthMuerte
The government is AGAINST US. It is past time for people to draw attention to that fact. It is not the government's land, it is the people's land. We are not property of the government either, though some liberals seem to want to be.

Well according to yahoo news 40 to 50 people were spotted ridding there quads on government owned land. It was a small demonstration on how the government is over-reaching the boundaries and just ticking people off. Or is it people that just want to stir up something unnecessary? In my opinion I truly think the government has been acting pretty crazy lately and people might be on their last nerve! If something bad happens I could only assume the worse. What do you think? Is something bound to happen if more people continue to go against the government?

Public land belongs to the people, not a single person or group of people.

Cliven Bundy has only a fractional ownership of public lands. He's 1 person out of 330,000,000+ which means he owns about 1/330,000,000th of any parcel of federal land. The government is obligated to administer public lands in the interests of everyone.

Cliven Bundy is running a business on public land which has regulations governing its usage and he doesn't want to pay we the people a fair fee for using our property. Following the above logic, I should be able to start a commercial farm in the middle of the National Mall in D.C. or build a roller coaster around the Statue of Liberty's face.
edit on 2014-5-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Well...coming from the off road motorcycling community. It seems every other month what were once open areas for riding, are being closed to any public access, under some phonied up new EPA rule. It's a constant battle of signing petitions and getting the word out, to help people realize the extent of what they are losing.

We as a people are being herded into smaller and smaller spaces by a government with their own agendas regarding public lands and forests. I hope people are getting fed up. If they don't start expressing they are not going to put up with it anymore. I see a future where you have to get a freaking permit to step outside your home.

Des

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well said, and you do make a point! I do have to say though that the whole bunny thing did have me confused for a while. with what the government owned and what not.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

if im correct, the feds closed a new-man made trail that veered of an established ATV/Quad trail. the problem you might ask? it passes through Indian burial / artifacts which in my opinion should trump your freedom to ride a freaking machine over it. Had the riders stuck to the established trail none of this would be an issue, I wouldn't go to a cemetery and fly a kite or ride my bike so why should these knuckleheads?

link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Well...coming from the off road motorcycling community. It seems every other month what were once open areas for riding, are being closed to any public access, under some phonied up new EPA rule. It's a constant battle of signing petitions and getting the word out, to help people realize the extent of what they are losing.

We as a people are being herded into smaller and smaller spaces by a government with their own agendas regarding public lands and forests. I hope people are getting fed up. If they don't start expressing they are not going to put up with it anymore. I see a future where you have to get a freaking permit to step outside your home.

Des

"Phonied up?" Please, cite some relevant examples.

Did it ever occur to you that everyone isn't equally concerned with having unlimited access to public lands for recreational motor sports enthusiasts? That there might be people who choose to enjoy public lands in a way that is made impossible by your own hobby?

For instance, when I go to a public beach, I don't expect to dodge dune buggies. Do you? What happens when there is a conflict between the ways in which different groups choose to use public land?

link   
a reply to: Destinyone
as i was saying above what gives the government the right to just own land? this started back in the day to I assume. But who says what is what? does anyone know that?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

good point, my view on this is since this is America, which is governed by a federal body they take pseudo ownership of the land. the only reason i can think of is to prevent say....foreign entities setting up shop on american soil saying well hey no one owns this land, it's the land of the people so we lay claim to this. How would you feel if your residential area became a free for all? cant help but think it would be like the wild west, but considerably worse....

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Can we agree that there is no such thing as "government owned land".

The government doesnt "own" anything, the tax payers do.

Thats my land and your land.

"This land is your land, this land is my land... This land was made for you and me".

Yah right.

edit on 11-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: spacing

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Welcome to my planet. Please, make yourself at home.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would say that the blm and epa are not peforming great. If there is a cemetary in the area it should be marked and roped off with reasons why for that specific area. then we can all determine the validity of the closure. I do not see how just closing the whole road is the right move without marking the reason. As it is when your out riding and see a closure then you can just make up your own reasons the feds are herding us. If the reports are true that bundys boy incited a group to break federal law that could be a bad move on him since it was a cemetary. Perhaps we are still playing cowboys and indians out there.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

But that would make sense.

When has the government ever made sense?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

The last time government made sense was when it was held accountable for its actions.

No one asked this question. With skyrocketing meat prices, why are they harassing ranchers? Why are they not helping them instead? Shouldn't herds be encouraged right now?

Instead they are kicking ranchers all of their lands? Why?

No wonder why meat prices are going up.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak

if im correct, the feds closed a new-man made trail that veered of an established ATV/Quad trail. the problem you might ask? it passes through Indian burial / artifacts which in my opinion should trump your freedom to ride a freaking machine over it. Had the riders stuck to the established trail none of this would be an issue, I wouldn't go to a cemetery and fly a kite or ride my bike so why should these knuckleheads?

In the future will all land be off limits because people are buried under it........Dig everyone up and cremate everything. This is the only way to get around this simple truth.

We will run out of room otherwise.

edit on 11-5-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My guess is resources. Not livestock, but military grade resources.

"They" don't care if we have to pay more for beef.

They need their missile components.
edit on 11-5-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Yes. But we will also be in space. Room will soon not be an issue. There is a lot of real estate there. :-)

It is time to utilize our technology. Prioritize liberty, shun war.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

No one asked this question. With skyrocketing meat prices, why are they harassing ranchers? Why are they not helping them instead? Shouldn't herds be encouraged right now? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

A fine question however it doesn't work that way. The Beef cattle industry and the futures market is so complicated that prices today represent short position taken up 10-12 months ago. Although my small operation is simply breeder Heifers standard per pound prices are paid that have nothing to do with the prices at your local supermarket.

No body really knows why beef prices fluctuate the way they do. The grain producers can have a terrible season and the price will fall, then rise, then stabilize.

If you check your morning newspaper and the price for beef cattle per pound that price represents the market months ago.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Time to flip off the tax man? Perhaps this is why they are NOW stockpiling ammo and military vehicles, stored at home, for use at home...maybe they see it coming. If nobody pays them, through taxes, then they can't pay contractors to mfg these things, and then they are left defending themselves from the people w/ scant protection.

When the people decide that we've had enough, and realize many have barely enough to sustain themselves, much less sustain this bloated corporate military complex, and refuse to pay their Empire Taxes...well, I'm guessing they won't just sue us to retrieve money that doesn't belong to them. They've read the playbooks plenty of times, they very well know the saturation point of the people, they know all of the markers before civil unrest...and they have a good idea of when it's going to *pOp*

Personally, having recently made a drastic life shift (from corporate to organic/biodynamic farming), I'd like to take an amount of food equivalent to my 'State 'Manor' and Federal 'Kingdom' Taxes' and donate it to shelters, retirement homes, and holistic healing centers. There, problem solved, I paid my taxes and made sure they went to where I want them. Don't like it, Mein Fuhrer? Go ahead an put a bullet in me; I've "died" plenty of times...

Getting closer to doing the right thing, without fear of life nor death...now that's a fun ride.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized
a reply to: liejunkie01

The last time government made sense was when it was held accountable for its actions.

No one asked this question. With skyrocketing meat prices, why are they harassing ranchers? Why are they not helping them instead? Shouldn't herds be encouraged right now?

Instead they are kicking ranchers all of their lands? Why?

No wonder why meat prices are going up.

This has absolutely nothing to do with ranching or beef. This has to do with some aholes that think it is their right to ride through a Native American burial ground. There was already a road for these dimwits to ride on but that wasn't good enough for them. So they called in little boy Bundy thinking it would get people to support them. Imo if these people were to ride on the grave site they should be placed under arrest for desecrating graves.

join