It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Caught On Camera At Cascade Restaurant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here are two possible incidents of paranormal activity caught on camera at a Cascade restaurant, Maid-Rite. Owner Pat Orr said his surveillance cameras caught something one night in mid-April that looks rather spooky.
The first video, dated April 14 at 6 p.m., a shadow figure is seen approaching the kitchen's dish-washing sink.
People have their own explanations, but, as of now, it's unexplained.

Read more: www.disclose.tv...

"We found you can't make a shadow on the floor back there because of all the lights. Some people said it's a bug on the lens," Orr said. "I don't know what the thing is."
Orr called in Cascade police chief Fred Heim soon after watching the video.
"I still can't tell you what I saw. There was a fuzzy thing on there. I don't know if it was a fly leg, I don't know if it was something that, you know, could be related to ghosts. I really couldn't tell you," Heim, an admitted non-believer in ghosts, said. "(Orr) asked me if we investigated stuff like that, and I basically told him that he probably should call Ghostbusters."

So Mr. Orr did just that a few days after catching the shadow-figure on film. As of Wednesday afternoon, he had not yet heard back from them with any results.
Orr said his employees have reported other paranormal activity over the past three years, but this was just the first time it was caught on camera.

In the second video, on April 19 at 9:49 a.m., a stack of cups flies off the kitchen shelf above an employee, hitting her while preparing food below. Clearly shaken by this incident, she backs up and walks out of the kitchen.

Wednesday afternoon, Tom Oberbroeckling and his wife, from Anamosa, were eating lunch at the Maid-Rite in Cascade.
When told the restaurant he was eating in might be haunted, Oberbroeckling said he was, "very surprised, considering this is a new building."
The Maid-Rite has been in Cascade for just over three years. Before then, it was an empty lot.
"I've been here in town about eight years," Heim said, "but they said there's been quite a few different things that have actually been on that lot over there. Groceries stores, and there's been some other things in the area, such as funeral homes and the old ambulance garage, so who knows!"
Is it a poltergeist? A prank? A publicity ploy?
"You can believe what you want, whether it's a bug, a shadow," Orr said. "I don't know what's going on down here, but it's kind of funny."

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I dont know who decided it worthy of a flag because any rational person can see the sbadow is just a bug on the camera lens and falling stack of cups had been improperly stacked causing them to fall over.

Nothing more to add really
edit on 11-5-2014 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

I dont know who decided it worthy of a flag because any ratjonal can see the sbadow is just a bug on the camera lens and falling stack of cups had been improperly stacked causing the to fall over.

Nothing more to add really

Obviously, it was someone with an open mind, which you don't seem to possess.
I won't argue it could be a bug on a lens, but the stack of things that fell was not positioned in a way to just fall off the shelf like that.
And, according to the policeman, there are other things that have happened on that lot that have been reported by others.
Here is another video of the same incidents. This one shows a better view of the things falling off the shelf. You can see they are stacked far away from the edge. No reason for them to fall like that!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Why does "an open mind" mean you have to believe in ghosts?

I have a very open mind, and when I see evidence that something is true I re-evaluate my beliefs to come in line with that truth. This is just nonsense and proof of nothing.

No offense intended, you are welcome to your beliefs.. But please don't accuse people of being narrow minded when they refuse to grasp at straws.

Also, those cups and styrofoam thingies are extra light, and that tray was directly above where the employee was working. They most likely fell because they were disturbed by the employee working directly below them. Occam's razor would indicate that this most reasonable and simple explanation is most likely the truth. As for the "shadow" on camera, it was simply an effect of lighting.

Notice at the moment right before the cups, or whatever they were fell, the employee is pushing something with her left hand into the wall that presumably supports the shelf those cups were resting on..
edit on 11-5-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The blurriness of the camera suggests a bug on the lens.

But...

My thoughts when watching was at first "It is a bug" unless other things have occurred to suggest otherwise..
and then they showed the falling Styrofoam containers.

If it was not for that, I would just rule bug, but with other objects also moving around, it could very well be a haunting of some kind.

It is iffy, but still interesting. I wonder if they will have more strange happenings?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's a roach. You can even see its legs at the top. I wouldn't go to this restaurant, but it's because of roaches, not ghosts. There's nothing paranormal about either of these vids. I believe an "open mind" is important as well, but not so open that your brain falls out. If you want to "deny ignorance" you can start with these vids and give them no credence.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Well that is just it, there are only these two things, both which can have very rational explanations.

If more strange things were to occur,
then it could very well be a haunting,
however,
these two things alone are not nearly enough to say spirit activity,
and like you said, legs can almost be seen on the first video.

Something I would not completely dismiss though as you just never know.
That is why I say it is iffy, but will not rule anything out totally.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yes, I said I wouldn't argue that the shadow was a bug. Probably is. But, also, the police guy said there had been other activity reported on that lot, they just don't have anything else on video to show it.

Thanks for your input.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

Notice at the moment right before the cups, or whatever they were fell, the employee is pushing something with her left hand into the wall that presumably supports the shelf those cups were resting on..

Watch the second video I posted. If you stop the video just before the things fall off the shelf, you'll see that she is not touching the counter at all with her body. And she is putting food into a plate... not pushing anything. She didn't push, (or jump) until after the things began to fall... due to being startled.

edit on 5/11/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I have a very open mind, thank you.
Are you going to be rude to everybody who doesn't share your opinion?

Sometimes a little logic and an unbiased perspective is all that is needed to reach an obvious conclusion.

Ya hearing me?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

I'm not going to turn this thread into a fighting match.
How was I rude? I only pointed out certain things that were not as you, and another member said they were in the video. Telling someone they don't have an open mind is not being rude, it is stating an obvious FACT.

edit on 5/11/2014 by sled735 because: correction

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply
The police guy said there had been other activity reported on that lot, they just don't have anything else on video to show it.

Thanks for your input.

Anything other that what is on the vid is just hearsay and carries absolutely no weight.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Anything other that what is on the vid is just hearsay and carries absolutely no weight.

Not to interject, but why?

People should not blow off eyewitness accounts either. hell, A cop is saying other things have happened,
that is about as reliable as one can get these days.

But like I kind of suggested earlier, maybe they will get more video later on.
But to blow off anything other than a video,
you would have to blow off most of history in it's entirety.

So peoples account are also important.

Just sayin.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Darkblade71 because: typonese, I speak it fluently

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well, I think a policeman is a pretty credible witness, stating something like that. He could be putting himself out there for a bunch of ridicule from the townspeople, if it wasn't true.

When did ATS become a court room anyway? Hearsay? Sigh...

I'm through arguing with you. Moving on...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm not going to turn this thread into a fighting match.
How was I rude? I only pointed out certain things that were not as you, and another member said they were in the video. Telling someone they don't have an open mind is not being rude, it is stating an obvious

I simply applied some much needed logic....FACT.

Im sorry i dont view it the way you do, but hey, thats life. Im sure you'll get over it once you see LOGIC
edit on 11-5-2014 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

For the last time. The shadow was a bug on the lens.
The cups did not levitate or fly from the shelves across the kitchen, they simply fell over.
The cops statement is utterly unsubstantiated.

Well and truly DEBUNKED.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Look at the way it moved on a lens. It would remind you of a fly.

Yes I do have an open mind but what I see is a publicity stunt to keep afloat an already failing buisness.
Say there is ghosts and at least for a month you will be able to attract curiosities willing to dine in a "haunted" restaurant.

It's all about marketing strategy, obviously he was able to accomplish his plan getting free sponsorship from the news company.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The restaurants been bugged and there is the evidence on camera!!
Ghosts..... bug...ger off

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Darkblade71

Yes, I said I wouldn't argue that the shadow was a bug. Probably is. But, also, the police guy said there had been other activity reported on that lot, they just don't have anything else on video to show it.

Thanks for your input.

I see where the police guy said "but they said there's been quite a few different things that have actually been on that lot over there. Groceries stores, and there's been some other things in the area, such as funeral homes and the old ambulance garage, so who knows!" i take that to mean there have been other buildings/businesses on that same location. Where does he talk about other activity? I'm missing it.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Poor very poor

I see nothing that cannot be explained away nor resembling a ghost

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join