It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Torture and Death to be shown as "entertainment" on Reality TV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: rottensociety
a reply to: twfau

Reality TV shows are already showing signs of torture - forcing contestants to eat insects, etc on "I'm a Celebrity get me out of here", see it on Youtube:

Except everyone on that game show had the option to say no, to not be there, to avoid whatever they are being asked to do so that isn't torture.

Clearly you have an agenda or message you are trying to get across. Why not drop the sensationalism and just say what you mean.

I agree. Torture you cannot opt out of, but Reality TV is by one's own choice. That woman could have just said "nope, not gonna do it" and walked out. You think anyone being waterboarded in some remote secret prison had that option??? No, because they are being tortured.

Also, where one person sees a woman being tortured by having to do scary or gross things, I see a woman who is showing mental and physical strength and the ability to confront her fears with courage. I respect her more for being able to do such things knowing that she could simply say no and walk out. Anyone who thinks it would be easy is fooling themselves. It takes a strong will and determined mind to confront one's own fears, whatever they may be.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

Nonsense? And yet you already support "killing off reality TV actors". That is how it begins.

I'm glad you caught that right there. lol.

Anyways, I disagree with much of what you said about the future of media vs the elderly.

But, I 100% agree that media has produced a mindless generation (or three) of self-serving, narcissistic gore mongers with no attachment to morals or true value.

But I do not think it started here and now. And I do not think this is historically new. This has been done before and it always results in the same- a low intelligence level populace that is easy to control and influence while they are farmed and forced to obey and consume.

MM

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonoftheSun
a reply to: rottensociety

They intend to televise this generation and the next being tortured and murdered live on Reality TV.

A link for that claim would be nice..

Running Man Part Deux ?

My thought as well.As there doesn't seem to be a source for this statement I'm thinking that the open has seen running man too many times.Not that it couldn't happen in future.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith
A reality show that forces people to watch other reality programs could accomplish this without violence...

Most of us would end up killing ourselves...

I couldn't agree more.But I think forcing anyone to watch"Honey boo boo"and family would be considered by US courts as cruel and unusual punishment.Wouldn't you?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

You seem to think we are living in an ideal world where everyone is as infallible as you. This is not an ideal world and without something to force people to be nice to each other, we will end up with a society of haters. Actually we are already in a society that has 'anti-hate' laws.

If it is so easy to lead a "good and compassionate life" then tell me, why do we have to have 'Hate' laws in today's society??

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Christians are about community and slavery is in complete adherence to Christian doctrine.

Huh? whoa!

I love you. " the whole world is a conspiracy to discredit Christianity" instead of Christianity is a conspiracy To control people" types!

Surely you believe the atheist can be controlled right?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think you missed the point. The woman was being voted for again and again by a group of kids in Britain who hated her.

It shows the extent of schadenfreude in teenagers that exists today. What I'm saying is that in the next generation, the level of schadenfreude will be much much worse and will allow Reality TV shows to take it to the next "level".

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

They intend to televise this generation and the next being tortured and murdered live on Reality TV.

It will be a billion-dollar industry making money from human deaths.

What they need to achieve this, is already in place:

1. A young generation who enjoys watching horror and torture.

A new "sick" mentality has already emerged in children of today. Violence has been normalised for them through television and computer games. "We are monsters" mentality encouraged in children's programmes such as "Monster High" and "Vampire Diaries", etc. Social networking has created a society that has only two choices: you have to "like" something or else you hate it. "Feminism" has created a society of overly domineering mothers who, without having any "realist" input from a father figure, have a tendency to produce spoilt, lazy, Narcissistic children with a sense of self-entitlement.

Shows like Moster High does not teach what you think it teaches. It teaches girls (I say girls because that seems to be the target demographic though there are boy students, as well) to celebrate their differences instead of being ashamed of what makes them unique. Feminism is such a broad word that nobody really knows what they're talking about when it is uttered unless you add some context. In general, "feminism" is what makes this world a world I feel confident raising my daughter in.

I don't see these kids being any more spoiled, lazy, or narcissistic than the last few generations. Throughout history, you will find the thoughts of countless ponderers written out, lamenting on the younger generations for their laziness and arrogance. These are the children who will cure cancer and colonize a planet someday.

2. An old generation who nobody respects.

We respect the old today because they are heroes who fought in World War II. But who will respect us? Imagine how they will portray us on television: as a generation of "wasters" who look so old and wrinkled from too much lying in the sun, whose plastic surgery and tattoos look so ugly and faded, who refuse to grow old gracefully and women in old age, still wearing mini-skirts and too much make-up...

Did they leave a good legacy for the next generation? No! They polluted the planet and caused 'Climate Change'.

Did they look after the Africans? No! They got obese on "fast food" while the Africans died of starvation.

Were they heroes in a great war? No! They fought the illegal Iraq war for war criminals like Dick Cheney and Tony Blair.

The young generation will be made to feel disgusted by us, they will despise us, we will be blamed for everything. Even if you have led a sin-free life, you will be put in the same basket as the rest.

And since many people today only live for today and don't prepare for their future, will they expect their pensions and healthcare to be paid for by the young generation of future tax-payers??

That's a legitimate concern. They will grow to loath what they inherited. It is perfectly justified.

3. An interactive theatre like the "Colosseum"

The Romans joined in with the voting for deaths in the Colosseum: likewise, Reality TV will have audience participation, encouraging the youth to phone in and vote for their favourite contestant to live or die.

Or... maybe to play concerts and hold peace talks? Man, you are jaded.

4. The end of Christianity.

Christianity supports Individualism and so believes every individual has a right to live. "Atheism" does not because it has no moral code and therefore dangerously allows in the ideology of "Collectivism" where people can be killed for being a "burden to society". In the New Order, anyone who can't work is a burden to the rest of society, including "surplus people" who have no work anymore due to new technology.

The only way I can see to stop this is to support Christianity. That's strange for me because I grew up an atheist but now I can see how much we need a moral code to have a good mentality in an entire generation. It's not about whether god exists or not, it's not about the amount of paedophiles they've got in to discredit the Church, the point is to support the ideology of it - namely, Individualism over Collectivism.

Throughout the bible, genocide is promoted to exterminate the enemy. The correlation between fundamentalist Christians and pro-war advocates should not be ignored. And to any Christian who truly feels that atheism leaves a person without a moral compass, then I suggest you need to rethink your personal values. I'm a bit concerned for those who are baffled by the concept of innate morality.

This fight is about the mentality and morals of the next generation.

Whatever you do, I beg you, please make an effort to teach all the children you know to love and respect other human beings, especially the old and the disabled.

And finally, I'm so sorry to have to say this, when the wicked day comes for you, try not to give them the "show" they want, die as quickly as possible.

If there is a "wicked day" coming, it won't be led by a bunch of humanists, I can assure you.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

a reply to: watchitburn

Anyways, I disagree with much of what you said about the future of media vs the elderly.

MM

So how come they chose a 26 year old to play Doctor Who - who was originally supposed to be a Grandfather??

How come they made up Guy Pearce to be the old man in 'Prometheus' instead of just employing an old actor??

How come Tony Blair became the youngest ever Prime Minister??

How come Ed Milliband is the youngest ever leader of the Labour Party??

How many old people are portrayed in a good light on television??

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

I think you missed the point. The woman was being voted for again and again by a group of kids in Britain who hated her.

It shows the extent of schadenfreude in teenagers that exists today. What I'm saying is that in the next generation, the level of schadenfreude will be much much worse and will allow Reality TV shows to take it to the next "level".

schadenfreude??? I had to look that up just to be sure.

I see what you're saying. I still don't think it's torture. Just a bunch of little brats trying to offset their own self esteem issues. How much you wanna bet those kids are doing that because they are just cowardly, pimply faced, goober dorks who are too p*ssy to even consider doing such things themselves??? Nor would any one of them have the balls to ever even talk to a woman like that in real life.(If they are boys that is.) If they are females, then they're just jealous and trying to get her kicked off the show because she's hot and has the courage to do what they could never do.

Besides all that though. Still not torture. She has every right to leave the show. Even if she is voted every single time, she's not forced to be there. It's not torture, but it is unfair as far as her challenges against the other players. What's great is that even though she's been constantly voted for out of malice she steps up and delivers a big "F*ck You" right back in their spoiled little faces.

This is nothing new and debating if it's getting worse, who knows, probably is getting worse, but maybe not from people getting worse. It might just be that doing such A-hole kinds of things to people is so much easier than it used to be. IMO, people have pretty much been the same level and degree of A-holes. Just their means of expressing it has become more diverse and easier to implement.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

ancient greece free thinkers, really? maybe the aristocracy were thinkers but not "free" thinkers and a simple glance of any greek philosopher's texts shows you that they always worded themselves carefully when debating people of higher or equal status otherwise the other person was well within their rights to kill them where they stood.

you think ancient greeks or romans let people speak against their gods? their religious traditions or any other religious matter? don't be so naive and please stop spouting such ignorance about history like it's fact.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
We already have this and it's online in the form of youtube and liveleak.

Daily posts of wars, torture, murders, assaults etc.. It won't go much further beyond that though.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You said "I don't see these kids being any more spoiled, lazy, or narcissistic than the last few generations".

No, not the last few generations at all. The Narcissistic Ego problem started with the Baby-Boomers in the 1960s and continues today in Generation X. The generations before that were the World War generations.

"I'm a bit concerned for those who are baffled by the concept of innate morality"

You seem to live in a dream world. Look around you, do you see "innate morality" on the rise or is it in decline? Do you see social-networking promoting "innate morality"??

If there is such "innate morality" then how come today's generation needs "anti-hate" laws?? The other generations didn't.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Another thing to remember. Anyone who puts themselves on Reality TV should expect major negative feedback from the public. You have basically chosen to be everyone's singing, dancing, fool for entertainment and they will see and address you as such. After all, you're not a real person to them. You're just the latest TV character. Most people will automatically feel justified in doing whatever they want to you simply because you have chosen to be their Entertainment.

Just ask Mr. Mask (aka: Mr. Siff) here. (Big fan by the way!!! Keep it up buddy!!) Dude goes shopping in a dress, films it and shows it to the world. But he knows full well that because of doing it, he's now an open target for Anyone and Everyone to openly mock, praise, insult, love, hate, etc.

You not only have to realize the truth of that if you're even remotely popular or viewed by many out of love or hate. You have now become other people's entertainment toy of the day. Youth especially abuse their toys. Always have always will.
edit on 11-5-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So how come they chose a 26 year old to play Doctor Who - who was originally supposed to be a Grandfather??

How come they made up Guy Pearce to be the old man in 'Prometheus' instead of just employing an old actor??

How come Tony Blair became the youngest ever Prime Minister??

How come Ed Milliband is the youngest ever leader of the Labour Party??

How many old people are portrayed in a good light on television??

1) Dr Who was played by a young actor to try and cash in on sex appeal and interest of a young audience. notice he is now going to be played by a much older actor.

2) Because the character played by Pearce was to be shown as both young and old in the movie. Impossible with an old actor.

3) Blair became the youngest PM because a bunch of old people put him there.

4) Ed Milliband...same reason and #3.

Here is the deal. You seem to think the elderly are being shown in a worse light than the young (or even the unborn). Its not true. Humanity as a whole is being painted by media to be worthless, pointless, better off dead and unwanted.

The young and the old can be shown as being portrayed in various roles in fiction and nonfiction, in truth and in lies.

For every young person painted in a good light I can show you twenty painted as dark individuals that appeal to the narcissistic tastes of today's cultures. I can do the same with the old.

You are very right in seeing the media promoting worthless and tasteless material. But you are overly wrong in seeing it as if the elderly are being demonized more than the young. ALL people are being primed to hate by our media. And all societies are being shown to us as disgusting.

Fact remains, there are good people and bad. Sadly too many people watch TV. hence your show of two TV shows and two famous faces as your evidence.

Like I said, I hear you. I disagree with your final hypothesis.

MM
edit on 11-5-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Every one knows what is right and wrong. Do you not remember the research announcement, that everyone is hard coded in this brain to have a conscious? One part knowing right, the other part knowing wrong? Is it just another example of that at spooky action at a distance thing we have discovered? Or, something else? The world can be idealistic. In many ways, it wants to be free from the oppression of others.

Christianity, as it is currently, is a major source of all our problems. The human rights abuses undertaken by the church itself, are far to numerous to list. They still continue today.

Think, even Martin Luther's bible, has a solid sky dome drawn on the cover, also known as the firmament, on his personal bible. Is the sky a solid dome, with an ocean above it? That is what the writers of the OT thought reality was. Reread Genesis chapter 1 with that knowledge. The only rational conclusion you can come up with, is that the writers of Genesis, guessed incorrectly, the nature of reality. It is quite ridiculous what those people considered reality, once you do some fact checking.

It means they were wrong.

Furthermore, because of that fact, it means everything in that religion, including supposed values, can, and in most cases was incorrect. Major ones, like murder, are certainly wrong. But, religious wars? That, is what we call war crimes today. Women as property? Unclean, or, simple biological function? You want to return to that?

A return to Common Law, with secular values, will solve the morality problem. Returning to a tribal mindset, totally ignorant of is history, will destroy us all.

Common Law can be summed up as this: do no harm.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

You said "I don't see these kids being any more spoiled, lazy, or narcissistic than the last few generations".

No, not the last few generations at all. The Narcissistic Ego problem started with the Baby-Boomers in the 1960s and continues today in Generation X. The generations before that were the World War generations.

"I'm a bit concerned for those who are baffled by the concept of innate morality"

You seem to live in a dream world. Look around you, do you see "innate morality" on the rise or is it in decline? Do you see social-networking promoting "innate morality"??

If there is such "innate morality" then how come today's generation needs "anti-hate" laws?? The other generations didn't.

Because the other generations simply condoned and justified their hate with religion and ignorance. Are you saying we have more lynchings now than we did in the 50's? The term "hate crime" becoming a normal part of our lexicon isn't due to there being more violence; it is due to our intolerance of that violence. It's actually an illustration of innate morality in action.

It's difficult for us to see through the eyes of these children who were born with all of the social media and internet already here... to them, it's taken for granted and has always been a part of humanity. The rest of us lived through the transition and have seen, first hand, the shift it has made with our own generations. To them? It's just there. That's a weird pair of shoes for the rest of us to imagine being in and I don't think any of us can do it accurately.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Americans are already playing "The Hunger Games". Not quite, yet, in the way of the movies, but in other ways. You can watch people dying on you-tube. See the American journalist' (what was his name?) head being held up by his hair, after being decapitated by terrorists. You can see Saddam Hussein being hanged. See his sons dead bodies.

When Bin Laden's body wasn't immediately shown, people complained about it. They wanted to see it.

It's a blood thirsty bunch we've turned into. Our wars are all but televised as reality shows. You can see them on the news. Bombings in marketplaces, oh what? Was that a body-part that flew out of that van? How long until our soldiers wear helmet cams and it's broadcast live on mainstream television? They would do it in a heartbeat if it got good ratings.

It's sick. Even the fact that we watch such movies is sick. Even that these movies are conceptualized is a little on the sick side.

Looking at history, medicine, our laws, and our ethics, I think human life has more value now, then ever before in history. At least in the West.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
>>
Christianity supports Individualism and so believes every individual has a right to live. "Atheism" does not because it has no moral code - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
>>

How does Christianity support individualism? Christians are the FIRST who are finger-pointing to others, who are NOT accepting other's views and stances. If anything, Christianity is the exact opposite of supporting true individualism, it's a religion of suppression and tolerance.

Atheism have no morale? NO.

A TRUE, genuine morale does not need gods who taught it. If you need gods telling you what's good or bad I feel sorry for you. The fact you're reading the bible or go to church does not make you having a morale whatsoever, your "belonging" to a religious group is entirely irrelevant. If you think only people who are religious/Christian have a moral, I fear you have not even a remote idea what morale actually is. In fact it's a sign that you might not have a sense of morale if you need to read a scripture or listen to a pastor who is "telling you" what's good or bad.

Example right here: You are so intolerant that you loathe Atheists, NOT because of what real human traits they may have, what views, GENUINE morale etc...you simply give them a stamp "they don't believe in god/bible etc. so they do not have a morale". This is closed-minded, self-righteous, arrogant thinking..which in addition to that of course cannot be more incorrect. You're not even at a point yet to be able to judge whether someone has a real morale because for you it already stops at the irrelevant criteria what religious group someone belongs to.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
1. A young generation brainwashed by torture? They're also being subliminally brainwashed via microwaves:

- Tiny Sample of Captured Extreme Low Frequencies

- I'm sure that even though the breakers were pulled that the microwaves reaching up to .1 as these ELFs were being captured was entirely coincidental:

2. Dude...it's not like we're being ruled by a satanic death cult who worships death and sex!! Relax!

(Bushes I&II were both present in this photo; Google Bohemian Grove. WOOHOO THIS WAS TOTALLY TAKEN AT BURNING MAN WITH A BUNCH OF HIPPIES! That's why Bush was there!)

(I love burning baby effigies! So do hippies...like..at Burning Man!! Only this is Burning Child! Such wholesome fun! Google Bohemian Grove)

(Woohoo! I love decorating with dismembered dead baby dolls and other tasteful things from the Martha Stewart collection when I have my Eyes Wide Shut Parties! Google: Rothschild Ball)

(Whenever I throw an Eyes Wide Shut Party, I love dressing up in order to honor the Texas Longhorns - GO UT!! Google Rothschild Ball)

(Madonna loves UT, too!! GO LONGHORNS!)

Why Goshdarnit, all of these people in the Republican and Democrat parties and even our froggy friends all LOVE UT!!!

Heheh...silly people pretending to have on invisible glasses!! Our leaders are such lovable goofballs! Narf.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO STOP THE SILENT MICROWAVE GENOCIDE. My correspondence is often disrupted so please keep trying to contact me. My phone number is

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join