It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Any one see Alexander yet?

I saw it this weekend and both me and my wife didn't like it at all.

Lots of symbolisms that didn't make any sense to me, plus it was way too long- almost 3 hours long.

Let me know if you liked it or not.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I havent seen it yet (the UK is lagged when it comes to Hollywood). However I can tell you that all of Oliver Stones movies are filled with intense symbolism. Check out Any Given Sunday and Natural Born Killers.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I saw Alexander last night. Many I know, didnt care for it,although for a 3 hour film,I thought it was entertaining. Angelina Jolie as Alexanders mother, when he was 20 yrs. old in the story,seems a bit unbelievable. In the scene they do together,they seem more like a couple,than mother and son. Anthony Hopkins is brilliant,as usual and Val Kilmer was noteworthy as Phillip.( I thought he was absolutly brilliant as Jim Morrison in "The Doors") The battlescenes are well done, but many of Alexanders greatest military achievements are overlooked in favor of character development. With 3 hours to work with, I expected more on this. Oh, and Jared Leto does what Jared Leto does best. Look like Jared Leto. -j; )

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I liked the movie kinda; I thought it wasn't what people percieved Alexander to be. I'm SHOCKED
when I realised Alexander's a gay pedophile.

top topics

join