It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drag Queen Austria wins Eurovision 2014, It Shows That Eurovision Is Indeed Political & Staged.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Floke

You know that Helena (Ελενα) is from Pondos her routes, thats why her song in greek version had pondos melody.

But I have to say, that norwegians hided her beautiful legs...
She is a beautiful lady.
edit on 12-5-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

This is more of a "Gender (Expletive)" style of Drag than "Fishy Queens" or Drag Queens

there are various styles and ways to do Drag

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy Of course, the artist is a HE, his name is Thomas Neuwirth, born in Austria as a male person.
But Conchita Wurst is a SHE, born in the mountains of Columbia.

I know, you will be confused and not understand it, but there is a difference between the real person and the role that they play.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Nobody think the dude looks like the love child of Glasgow Celtic's Georgios Samaras and Big Brothers Nadia?

IMHO the song was garbage, political correctness gone mental simply a distraction for us sheeple!

edit on 12-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

lol yeah she does a bit.
I forgot all about Georgie he played at City for a while.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
a reply to: WarminIndy Of course, the artist is a HE, his name is Thomas Neuwirth, born in Austria as a male person.
But Conchita Wurst is a SHE, born in the mountains of Columbia.

I know, you will be confused and not understand it, but there is a difference between the real person and the role that they play.

So this is like Cosplay?

2nd line

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
lol, at least abba did some good songs after they won in 84'.

lol!! wtf?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy As I understand cosplay, they take over a role of an anime charakter. Conchita Wurst is an invention by Thomas Neuwirth himself, a kind of reaction to the discrimination he lived to see as a homosexual guy, as he says.

"Wurst" means "sausage", but we also use this term for things, that are not important. So she is a kind of protest figure, saying that it does not matter, if you are straight, homosexual or bi. The beard is a provocation to blurr the difference of genders even more.

It seems, it works. Everybody is talking about her/him.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
All I want to know is are you American?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

The OP? yes he is.
edit on 13-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: question mark

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The OP? yes he is.

Thanks. I'm sure he speaks from his huge experience outside of the USA, particularly all of Europe in this case.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think that the hype and advertising of Austria's song helped it win and might have had a wider pre-night coverage than other countries. Austria have only won twice including this years so lets not be too hard on them!

This year I enjoyed the sing-along lyrics option. After some of the bad/funny English attempts, I would prefer that countries sing in their native language as some of the English lyrics were terrible! It was nice to have a translation though, so you could get the gist of what the foreign language songs were about. Some epic staging too.

Generally I had a good evening, with a laugh over the cheesecake song and moustaches! (yes, it's true and only in Eurovision). Fingers crossed that next year we wont have to wait to the end to hear our entry. The voting could be quicker though, but again with the cheesy/cringe worthy moments can be entertaining.

Although we all moan about it afterwards in the UK, we should remember that we have won more Eurovision's than most of the countries we like to complain about. Actually Ireland comes first with 7 wins (mostly dominating the 90s and sadly absent from this years contest) and the UK come joint second with France, Luxembourg and Sweden with 5 wins. Maybe we forget because it was way back in 1997.

We can always count on a good vote from Ireland and for your support I thank you!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

Who could forget this one

I remember watching it I was 7 I danced around the house and was shocked when they ripped the skirts off...my dad loved it lol.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I once caught my mother vacuuming to that and it's been her shame ever since. I secretly bop to it, though.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

lol

Like this? (iam old).

lol

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

lol

Like this? (iam old).

lol

I do recall the jingle and I think she is the reason they stopped the wholesale prescription of valium to housewives.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Ahhhh the good old 80's.

I was 6 then and loved their colourful outfits. They reminded me of Rod, Jane and Freddie (singers from Rainbow) and I wondered where the extra woman came from.

Dublin were hosting that year (1981).

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
never been a fun of eurovision, I start watching it since 90, I was 12-13 y old. And I havent seen them all, I missed most of them. And the way Eurovision become is a Carnivaal (CANIBAAL) carn + baal.... totally

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
never been a fun of eurovision, I start watching it since 90, I was 12-13 y old. And I havent seen them all, I missed most of them. And the way Eurovision become is a Carnivaal (CANIBAAL) carn + baal.... totally

Some people will find a conspiracy in anything. Brilliant.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

See Dana International winning a few years ago. Admittedly this Israeli entrant didn't have a beard though...

en.wikipedia.org...

If people booed Russia, then maybe, you know, they don't like Russia and empathise with Ukraine. You may not be able to get your head around this, but even at a song contest people are allowed to peacefully express an opinion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join