It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drag Queen Austria wins Eurovision 2014, It Shows That Eurovision Is Indeed Political & Staged.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: khimbar

Somehow i am fascinated by the fact that Israel is taking part of the ESC, every year. Well. Maybe, as a German, I should not ask why..

Back on topic:

ESC = largest LGBT-festival in Europe each year.
Russia = has strong laws against homosexuality, like in the 19ths.
No wonder many people in the audience took to the opportunity to let Russia know that they are not really a part of this anymore. Get more relaxed with your homophobias then the community might be more nicely to your singers.

Who, btw. expressed a strong rejection towards the more openly gay participators.

Lastly, there was at least one participant who sang in his own language.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is somehow a real legitimate concern? Oh my.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker
This is somehow a real legitimate concern? Oh my.

Not to all of us in the thread, no.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Eligibility to participate is not determined by geographic inclusion within the continent of Europe, despite the "Euro" in "Eurovision" — nor does it have any relation to the European Union.

See Participation at this link

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
OK....here's the Russian entry, 17 year old twins. Please listen to it and forget they are Russian...listen to the words.

Russia actually gave the Ukraine 7 (out of 12) points for their entry....

Again, listen and watch without borders.

Iceland (which I agree with another poster who has already given us the link to their entry) should have been in the top three, and as with all the Scandinavian and North European countries voted for each other, as do all ex-soviet blocks etc.

In Europe, we all know when it comes to the Eurovision.....borders are taken into consideration....but honestly, over here in the UK the majority of us just laugh that off.
Personally, my 'douze point' went to Spain. Written and performed by Ruth Lorenzo....fab song and best voice in the competition.

I just wish people could just watch it for what it is, a singing competition, take the country's name as a label if you will for each entry. There's no point getting our knickers in a twist over what has over the years being politically hijacked for all sorts of reasons for three hours to get some sort of statement made which has no bearing on what the competition is about.

Rainbows
Jane

PS and just in case some of you think the winning song was 'weird' in any way......here's Lardi from Finland who won it in 2006....

There's just no telling with the eurovision

edit on 11-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I with russia when it comes to people like this. www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There is nothing weird nor wrong with this situation. From my perspective, just not the greatest music. Very shallow pop music.

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: khimbar

Somehow i am fascinated by the fact that Israel is taking part of the ESC, every year. Well. Maybe, as a German, I should not ask why..

Back on topic:

ESC = largest LGBT-festival in Europe each year.
Russia = has strong laws against homosexuality, like in the 19ths.
No wonder many people in the audience took to the opportunity to let Russia know that they are not really a part of this anymore. Get more relaxed with your homophobias then the community might be more nicely to your singers.

Who, btw. expressed a strong rejection towards the more openly gay participators.

Lastly, there was at least one participant who sang in his own language.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Believe me... it's not just your opinion.. lol.

It really is quite terrible.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: Cabin

Singers can sing in their home languages, they just choose not to

Don't give me that defending the Euro Nonsense as i have seen this staged of a contest for a number of years its clear that the Singers arent eve singing in there native languages as i have seen the recent contests and in English it makes it less seem that its an Euro Contest other then in English Contest.

English is the universal language

Ironic if Germans had won in WW2 German would be the universal language wouldn't it now? and you know what? English is not only being forced into schools into other countries but pushed.

The system was just too corrupt before, the life-standards were low compared to near to any other European nations, hard to see, why people wanted out...

I would bet the majority of the Europeans want out of the EU. As the current life-standards are getting lower.

Wow probably the most bitter reply I've ever read on ATS

You can't accept English is the most common used language on the planet and you can't accept most European country's speak it as a second or sing in English

Jesus wept which language would you prefer? Russian ?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Seeing as Israel has been brought up here, I would just like to show you Dana International who in 1998 won Eurovision for Israel...

and here she is representing them again in 2011....

Dana International was the first transgender, nobody seemed to have a problem with her. Heck, us Brits have grown up with the likes of Danny LaRue.

I think the problem with this years winner is this, and it's just mussings going through my head....how are people who are going through changes going to really think about this? I tried putting myself in their shoes. If I was a male going through 'the change' then I think I would be pretty miffed at somebody who to me appears to be having a laugh at my expense of presenting themselves as neither one thing or another....'she' could have lost the beard. I am trying my best to explain myself here, so please don't have a go at me. I have no problem with people being open and honest about their sexuality, I just found this one confusing me and almost taking the mick. I would also like to know what drag artists or cross dressers feel about her too, especially the professional ones.

From purely a female perspective, I will be perfectly honest and say that as a woman I was offended by this winner. I had no problem at all with Dana International, and granted she was totally transgender, but then I've never had a problem with Danny LaRue or other drag artist, I don't even have a problem with the performing Ladyboys. But this performance, both on and backstage....well I felt insulted as a woman.

For me here, it's the lack of honesty as to whether he.....because my understanding is he's a drag artist/cross dresser therefore not transgender therefore can't be called she....is he didn't honestly embrace the whole drag artist persona and as such to me came over as taking the proverbial and insulted women, drag artists, cross dressers, transgenders, lesbians and gays.

Sorry, I'm still trying to get my head around this performance.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
WW2 would have been different if Adolf Hitler was an Austrian drag queen.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: Cabin

Baltics wanted NATO more than NATO wanted them... There was a need to find strong allies in order to ensure that the soviet occupation never repeated.

This like saying Iraqis wanted America to come and Liberate Iraq but in fact the opposite of that is truth, Iraqis never wanted Americans on there soil.
And its like saying that the Japanese wanted NATO more than NATO wanted them. Yet America has occupied and is still occupying Japan more then 50 years.

You're super super confused

You also warp twist and distort information intentionally or not reading over your posts is like reading a jumbling of history

Iraq never once requested to join the USA nor did it ask for liberation EVER... Perhaps your getting confused when the Iraqi people took to the streets to celebrate the fall of a brutal dictator?

The difference here is the Baltic states DID want to join NATO and the EU as they have spent many years under Russian empire rule of the soviets.. Nothing was forced on them

Let clear up the rest of your confusion and twisting of facts...

Japan..

Japan isn't being occupied by the US, that sort of statement is laughable... Japan wants the US to have a presence in Japan as part of the alliance with South Korea and Taiwan keeping china in check

I suppose next you'll be saying the US is occupying South Korea and Taiwan against there wishes

Dear oh dear oh deary me

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter
Haha! Yes, I was payed a lot of money to look the show on tv myself. I booed and cheered as they wished me to do.
You conspiracy guys are funny sometimes.

Did the OP even get a glimpse of the show or did he just read about it?

To me it was a surprise that the political situation did not mean too much to the Europeans. But of course, a man with a beard with the shape and appearance of a woman must be a staged winner. That can't be true!

I guess they gave my country so little points, because it all was staged, too. Our girls would have earned more than that!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It was actually my first time watching Eurovision. I had never heard of it until my pengal in Germany wanted me to watch it. I was actually really surprised that he won. That guy from Hungary killed it also Armenia was really on fire with the emotion.

My friend said sometimes it's political and everybody knows it. She's not complaining since she can go to the next one in Austria lol.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

how can you be offended by this? and why do you emphasize "as a woman"? Are you so insecure, to think every guy in a dress is prettier than you? or got some complexes because you're fighting a beard yourself? It is a very stupid song contest, so how and why should it matter to anyone? It's just entertainment and fun, you know.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Oooôôhhh..... what a waste. Poland made a gamble hoping all european men would grap the phone and vote for them..

Must say, my gf did hide my phone from me..

Anyways, Eurovision songfestival: Joining is more important than the singing. Conchita did a good job but The Netherlands were best. But hey, what can you expect from such a small country with so many talented people...

edit on 12/5/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ninipe

how can you be offended by this? and why do you emphasize "as a woman"? Are you so insecure, to think every guy in a dress is prettier than you? or got some complexes because you're fighting a beard yourself? It is a very stupid song contest, so how and why should it matter to anyone? It's just entertainment and fun, you know.

I thought I had tried to explain why I am offended. But to answer your somewhat personal questions. I did not emphasise "as a woman" it was just a statement of truth for clarity because I am. Secondly, thank you for your concern, but no I am not insecure in any way. It's quite insulting (and very insensitive of you towards women who indeed might be) for you to ask am I "fighting a beard".
Here's my usual avatar on here....you decide.....

As to you trying to educate me on the entertainment and fun value of the Eurovision, you really should have a look at my other posts on this thread, and I would also bet I am old enough to have seen a lot more Eurovisions than you and have seen how the show has changed over the decades.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Every year we see scandals with eurovision, this year we learned "why my country voted 12 points to this drugqueen".

translated website

I used microsoft bing translator, because google for a reason, didnt allowed this page to pass through for translation.

I didnt voted personally, I never take part in this atrocities. But they charge you 1 euro for this callphone! So they changed the statistics and also stole the money.

Greeks voted Armenia first... but they changed the statistics and they gave 7 point to armenia from my country, instead of 12. Thats how the drugqueen came first.

@angelchemuel Dana was accepted because she went there to sing, not to promote what conchita tried to do. And as you can also see in my post, it was a setup, nothing was real. Conchita is a disturbing creature, dana was a man who become a women and she kept it that way... Its more like being gay or lesbian, but you dont bother anybody and you dont give any right to anybody in your personal choices and life. But there is also another part of gay and lesbians, who are more than that and disturbing humans. Its the same thing.

Dana is a singer and they judge her like one, conchita is a drugqueen and represents the corruption for this system, because it proves that people didnt votet her much, the jury's forced her into first place.. Last year eurovision, they leaked a video with jury's getting suitcases with money to vote specific countries.
edit on 12-5-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

oh so you went through "the change" recently? I still don't get it, how someone else lifestyle choice (and such a harmless one) could be offensive to you? I am, but Wurst isn't.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join