It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "One who does not believe in gods = Communist" conspiracy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: solomons path
a reply to: rickynews

Wow . . . so you are telling me that a zealous evangelical (Caputo) and Judeo-Christian apologetics website share the same opinion as you, a zealous Christian?

Who would have guessed? Definitely no echo chamber or confirmation bias at work here . . . Solid logic.

When it comes to the Truth,..Atheists can run, but they cannot hide.

I can spit on your god's holy book and still sleep soundly with no repercussions whatsoever. Hell, I can burn the damn thing and not get smote by a mighty fist from the clouds. So no, we don't have to run or hide.

Shame on you for such a vile and disrespectful post. Don't you Atheists have any conscious decency or respect for anybody else, and their beliefs?

Vile and disrespectful? No, just an observation. I never said I have done those things, and I never said that I would. What I did say is that if I did, I would not suffer in the least for having done it. Because I know people who have, and they are flourishing in spite of having effectively given your god the middle finger. I'm basically pointing out the lack of need to run or hide from anyone except militant theists. It was not intended to be offensive, it was intended to be honest. But if you do find that offensive, then I'm not sorry. I value honesty over political pandering.
edit on 14-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Condemning Atheist ideology and its otherwise religious belief system

Atheist ideology? Religious belief system?
Lack of belief in gods is NOT an ideology.
Lacking a belief in gods is NOT a religious belief system.

I do not believe there are any gods, but I do not believe there are not any, that would require the silly faith without evidence thing, which is reserved for the religious usually.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Wow . . . so you are telling me that a zealous evangelical (Caputo) and Judeo-Christian apologetics website share the same opinion as you, a zealous Christian?

Who would have guessed? Definitely no echo chamber or confirmation bias at work here . . . Solid logic.

When it comes to the Truth,..Atheists can run, but they cannot hide.

I can spit on your god's holy book and still sleep soundly with no repercussions whatsoever. Hell, I can burn the damn thing and not get smote by a mighty fist from the clouds. So no, we don't have to run or hide.

Shame on you for such a vile and disrespectful post. Don't you Atheists have any conscious decency or respect for anybody else, and their beliefs?

Ummm . . . Respect is a two way street. You can be the typical christian and play the victim or claim persecution . . . or, you can reread your posts about Atheists and see if you follow your own condemnations.

Respect.

Condemning Atheist ideology and its otherwise religious belief system is not playing the victim or a claiming persecution. IMO, you can state your opinion and what you believe without insulting someone else's beliefs, and if I have insulted any of my atheists friends, then I apologize. After all, I am a Christian.

No, playing the victim card is saying things like . . .

Don't you Atheists have any conscious decency or respect for anybody else, and their beliefs?

After acting the same way towards Atheists. Saying you're just stating you're "religious beliefs" is a cop out . . . and also typical of a victim mentality.

And if you are free to offer your opinions condemning someone's beliefs . . . why is it not hypocritical to try to guilt trip (victim mentality) that same person from condemning yours?

Don't worry . . . I realize you don't even realize you're doing it through the veil of zealotry. That's why I've gladly pointed it out to you.
edit on 5/14/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/14/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity
I agree, why should I give a toss about anyone's particular flavour of belief in invisible things.
I put claims of gods in the same category of pixies, elves, boogymen, ghosts, fairies, monsters and all the rest of it. All books claimed to be 'holy' are just that, claims by believers. If you don't believe it is just a book.
I'd happily roll a cigarette out of a page from any 'holy' book if I had no papers left. I don't believe it to be holy, it's not my problem if that offends you.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I agree, why should I give a toss about anyone's particular flavour of belief in invisible things.
I put claims of gods in the same category of pixies, elves, boogymen, ghosts, fairies, monsters and all the rest of it. All books claimed to be 'holy' are just that, claims by believers. If you don't believe it is just a book.
I'd happily roll a cigarette out of a page from any 'holy' book if I had no papers left. I don't believe it to be holy, it's not my problem if that offends you.

Do you believe in oxygen? it's a Scientific fact that it exists, but you can't see, smell or feel it, can you?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Do you believe in oxygen? it's a Scientific fact that it exists, but you can't see, smell or feel it, can you?

Um, we can detect it. Using, you know, science. There's a massive lack of evidence for the existence of god.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Um, we can detect it. Using, you know, science. There's a massive lack of evidence for the existence of god.

Who created mankind's ability to understand science?
edit on 14-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I did a 3 year environmental chemistry degree many years ago, my understanding of oxygen requires no faith.
You could equally study and experiment with any element from the periodic table and find evidence to support the case for its existence.
You cannot find any empirical, testable, or observational evidence for any gods.
Try again fella.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We can, in fact.

This is what an oxygen atom looks like. Obviously, it's more a diagram than an actual photo, but it clearly represents something that exists. It occupies space, possesses material substance. It is capable of affecting or being affected in a very physical manner. I can also feel it if I wave my hand in the air. I feel it more if I stop breathing, because then the oxygen stops feeding me.

Try again.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

No one did. Evolution did that. And the idea that our understanding was somehow divinely inspired or configured is ridiculous by virtue of the methods we used to cultivate that understanding.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

??? Where did we get our ability to speak? To run? To out-think our prey and escape those creatures that wanted us to be their prey? We evolve. We think. We ask questions. "What created the Universe? Must have been God!" is a philosophical answer from the Bronze Age. Now that we can explain how the Earth was formed and how we evolved, don't you think that we've progressed to the point where we can place religion behind us? Myths are just stories. We're not children any more.
edit on 14-5-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

No one did. Evolution did that. And the idea that our understanding was somehow divinely inspired or configured is ridiculous by virtue of the methods we used to cultivate that understanding.

Isn't scientifically possible that Almighty God creates through Evolution?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
It appears that he is now just sidetracking with the wider 'god exists' claims, probably because the atheist/commie argument is failing so badly.
Interesting lesson for others to understand the flawed logic of a zealot though.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg
It appears that he is now just sidetracking with the wider 'god exists' claims, probably because the atheist/commie argument is failing so badly.
Interesting lesson for others to understand the flawed logic of a zealot though.

Has science ever been wrong? Does modern science know all that there is to know? Does science possess all knowledge, wisdom, and understanding?
Answer: No.
Your science-is-a-god = a myth.
edit on 14-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Can we return to the topic please. Do feel free to start your own thread claiming that god/s exist, I may, or may not be tempted to contribute, but here the debate is about spurious claims that people who do not believe in gods are more drawn to communism than those who have religious faith.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Dont like something?

Does not fit old school american values?

Call it Communism! That will sure to bring the years and years of propaganda alive.

No, No... Stalin/Mao/Pol did not kill millions in the name of Atheism. They got rid of religion which infiltrated and posed a threat to their military control. Look up what churches was used for during Stalin's era.

They did not do it because they didn't believe in a god.

every time some parrot say that after learning from a bias'd site, my brain cell dies.

link   

Can we return to the topic please. Do feel free to start your own thread claiming that god/s exist, I may, or may not be tempted to contribute, but here the debate is about spurious claims that people who do not believe in gods are more drawn to communism than those who have religious faith.

Atheism is most certainly within the Communism beliefs system.

link   
'Science' gets it wrong often, BUT embraces the new information and adapts appropriately.
Religious zealotry on the other hand does not.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream
It would seem that many brain cells have died in those who claim that atheist equals commie.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This isn't about what's scientifically possible. It's about what you are comfortable with believing. This is about your personal emotional disposition in regard to your place in this universe and what it means to you. You can pretend that science has anything to do with it, but we both know better.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join