It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to bug every car in UK with tracker chips – and Ministers admit they are powerless to stop the

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Stop being blind-sheep. A quick skim of primary sources easily found via google..

* ts a EUROPE WIDE directive. ALL EU member states will have to comply. They are not singling out the UK.
* The device will be mandatory, its use will be optional. If you don't want to take advatage of it, just remove the SIM card.
* It was actually PROPOSED in 2009 by Gordon Browns LABOUR PARTY. Thats right, the UK actually proposed the idea to the EU.

Here's the official EuroDirective, rather than the daily fail spin on it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

OMG.....Don't you see the bigger picture??????

They use safety and security as an excuse to put tag on you..........bloody stupid remark.

Damn! its because of idiotic remarks like this that we are losing the battle of been free!

man i am so mad of stupid irresponsible remarks and attitudes like this.

I said this would happen in a conservation i had with local police officer over 15years ago, he agreed.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
Stop being blind-sheep. A quick skim of primary sources easily found via google..

* ts a EUROPE WIDE directive. ALL EU member states will have to comply. They are not singling out the UK.
* The device will be mandatory, its use will be optional. If you don't want to take advatage of it, just remove the SIM card.
* It was actually PROPOSED in 2009 by Gordon Browns LABOUR PARTY. Thats right, the UK actually proposed the idea to the EU.

Here's the official EuroDirective, rather than the daily fail spin on it.

Hold the fort there Bucko

I would appreciate you not labeling me a sheep, I am a very woken up person indeed. I'm sorry I did not have the knowledge you possess to search for the originality of the source, in which, I applaud your for greatly and indeed thank you very much for bringing the source to the board.

Now that you have done this, I am more knowledgeable and have gained insight into what it takes to bring originality to the discussion in the future.

Incidentally, I mentioned in the OP that I had seen this before so I am on board regarding this being presented some time in the past.

I hope others see your source and bypass the sheeple comment

Cheers and thanks again.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

As long as it only comes on once you crash it, it would be fine to have it. Plus, I reckon a driver could easily dismantle it if he so chooses!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk
Would be naïve to think that, what you are saying in the car has been happening for quite some time now. I'm sure most have realized this

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Nothing new here. Nothing shocking either. Look at how many US cars have them now. Lets not forget On-Star. This has been going on for years all across the globe. For example, I read some of the accusations here pre Snowden.I have just one thing to say: I guess our tinfoil really did work.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You think this is the only way to track a car? Any car that uses any kind of computer system for whatever reason can be tracked. Disabling this feature isn't going to change any of that.

edit on 12-5-2014 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DragonFire1024

In the 1980's a spy sat could read a headline off a newspaper and now with the increase of the crap up above us i'd say they can probably see us through the screen in real time unless they live around here as its a 90% cloudy state but thats what happens in the UK

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

The E.U is a joke. An unelected panel of people (Commissioners), making laws that effect everyone in E.U countries. The M.E.P's, who we elect, do not actually have any power or influence on laws that are introduced. They merely work within committees to come up with a way of introducing the laws.

Not even UKIP are claiming that. They base their shonky 75% figure on a statement that 75% of EU laws come from the EU Parliament. These laws are then passed to national governments as they see fit as part of their overall policies.

We vote in our MEPs. We vote in our MPs. If that's all we do, and some people can't even be bothered to do that, we only have ourselves to blame.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I knew this would come in, next it will be compulsory to have it for your insurance, like just about all new drivers. it will be under the guise of cheaper premiums but really its so insurance can see if you regularly speed ect. Another freedom almost gone, i'm glad i just got a nearly new car, i might have a good few years before i have to have it..a reply to: Spiro

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: orinoco4

Of course it will come in, and its a logical progression when you consider the technology available. My initial point was that its not fair to blame the EU for this one, when it was actually the British Government that proposed it to the EU back in 2009, under Gordon Brown.

Nor are the EU singling us out, all EU member states will have to implement it.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I will admit to not having read every single post contained within this thread. I live in Australia and some months ago the 'transition' of car registration began.

In Australia every vehicle that is driven on the road must be registered each and every year. Once the vehicle inspection is completed and insurance paid the responsible government department issues the vehicle owner a registration sticker. The stickers are placed on a clearly visible place on the vehicle. The stickers are colour coded so government employees such as Police can quickly assess when a car is near to or out of registration - this is prior to a transport check via the Police radio and/or to a roadside police stop.

The 'transition' of no registration stickers is now well under way. With no stickers it is all the satellites in the upper atmospheres of our planet that will "TRACK" each and every vehicle. SO when I read the title of this thread - I was shaking my head - tracking devices are not needed nor are they necessary - the tracking process is already underway.

It is my understanding that each and every car is now trackable via electronic technology. I believe the information I have shared here will stimulate the thinking of people who are interested in learning and stimulate the intellect of those who are awakening and rousing.

Much Peace ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join