It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to bug every car in UK with tracker chips – and Ministers admit they are powerless to stop the

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

They should have done it like the US did.

OnStar.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As usual, the "Daily Fail" has no idea.

There's a big difference between "every car" and "every NEW car" isn't there?

They've been tracking vehicles in the UK for ages now with the ANPR system.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Dont like this kind of b.s. one bit..im sure a way will be figured out how to disable the device which is what i would do..i wonder if that would lead to warranty ramifacations, me though i like classic pre computer cars.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Why would the car manufacturers be spearheading this spy tech in their cars?

I doubt they have done this out of choice, more like they are being told to do it by the governments who claim there's nothing they can do about it.

It's getting (gotten) out of hand, in a big way. CCTV capturing each of us at least a dozen times a day, chips embedded into rubbish bins, into clothing, GPS tracking of mobile comms, tracking of cars, kids computers watching and listening to them in their bedrooms, their games consoles watching and listening to them in their living rooms, agencies recording everything we say on the phone and everything we type online...where the hell is this going to go?

Isn't it about time we had a citizens monitoring network of our own, at least to tilt the field a few degrees back towards our favour?

Slap minute micro tracking devices onto politicians, suspect corporate board members and other agency people, secrete them and monitor their bloody movements and conversations and see how much safer it makes THEM feel.

If it's good for the goose, it's certainly good for the gander.

Can I ask a rhetorical question here?

Why do you suppose Ford was the first car company to do this, and Ford didn't take the government bailout?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Easy fix. Don't buy any new cars.

I am sure when it becomes apparent that the masses are no longer going to financially support their own enslavement and refuse to pay for their leashes and collars, this will go exactly where belongs, in the bad idea that never made it past the factory bucket.

Now of course, I am just exercising some wishful thinking because I know that the majority of the folks are more than happy to plug themselves into the grid. After all, they have nothing to hide. They are good loyal members of the connective and only backwards conspiracy theorist like me are too paranoid to move into the global inter-web connective.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
But what happens if it gets into the wrong hands?

Probably the same sort of thing that happens if anything else gets into the wrong hands, like guns, money, NSA secrets....

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

I see the points you raised however I don't like the cost of belonging to the EU ev en before we look at their legislation which for some reason, Britain has more 'jobsworths' than any other country when it comes to enforcing EU laws.

I doubt other EU countries would want to stop trading with us for one minute, if you can afford to buy their goods they will sell to us, simply because of the points I raised earlier and our location and the amount we buy. It would probably damage other countries not to trade with us.

Also we are a leading weapons manufacturer and again I doubt we would loose one single customer were we to come out of the EU. We also have to contribute to the Commonwealth as well, which seems to me to be two lots of expensive donations that sail out of this country so I suspect we would be well served to wave bye-bye to at least one of these so-called benefits, but not to ourselves.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Interesting that we have this and yet this other thread here: (for the USA)

Mandatory ‘Big Brother’ Black Boxes In All New Cars From 2015 - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So this tells me SOMEONE, or some group is behind this effort in both countries. Find out who that is and you'll have found the Illuminati or at least the current group trying to pull the strings.

They are powerless to stop this? BS. Find out who's behind this and put pressure on them.

edit on 11-5-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I can see a problem if the TPTB have a reason to watch you all they have to do is unplug the factory unit and put in one with 24/7 tracking capabilities.

I can also see loan companies putting one in that shuts down your car and tells them where it is in case you don't make your payments
oh wait they already do that in the US.
www.stltoday.com...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Black boxes have been in eighteen wheelers for decades, they are used in case of a crash to determine fault. Most newer American cars have them. They are not homing devices, ez pass does that to some extent. For years semi truck drivers were scapegoats when inexperienced motorists were at fault. Lawsuits caused this.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I like how after the NSA spying exposure ppl are unsure whether or not this will be used for data mining/other nefarious purposes.

Of course it will.

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

In the USA Mandatory ‘Big Brother’ Black Boxes In All New Cars From 2015 - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So this tells me SOMEONE, or some group is behind this effort in both countries. Find out who that is and you'll have found the Illuminati or at least the current group trying to pull the strings.

They are powerless to stop this? BS. Find out who's behind this and put pressure on them.

Exactly. It's a concerted effort by someone behind the scene.

I like how they say they are "powerless" to stop it and don't explain why. Just say it and forget about it, hope the mindless sheep will just shrug their shoulders and carry on being sheep.
edit on 11-5-2014 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Might be worth taking an ordinary battery radio, detuned so it plays static and wave it around your car to find the spot that causes the most change in radio static...then have a look in that spot and see what's there?

Thanks Mystery. I'll research that and give it a try. I'm really curious now.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to spiro
its already here on some makes, word is it will be mandaded before to long on them all. I recently went on a diesel truck engine update course, they have been running this for the last couple of years, go to the website, type in the VIN and you can see everything, speed, rpm, absolutely everything. its main purpose is to deny warranty but insurance companies are using it to deny claims as well

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to: rob310t

Why is everyone so quick to roll over?

We don't have to buy something we don't want. Let your purchase power speak for you.

People are acting like they are sleep walking. Have we become so mentally damaged that we just go about life aware that we are being hoodwinked, but are so conditioned that we just drink the kool aide, because someone tells you to drink it?

Money talks. Very loudly.

Stop making it profitable for them to chain you to the grid.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
People determined to be sheep, will stay under the watch of a Shepard. From a American's perspective (we seem headed that way, but I'm speaking from a American perspective that believes in the traditional American way) that is pretty sad.

If you could trust the people using such tools to always be using such in your best interest, that's cool… but I don't think the people who often find them selves in charge right now always have such in mind. Control this, control that, seems to be all these "leaders" seem to have in mind.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Just find the antenna and put a big magnet on it. That should take care of the signal.

I am sure that privacy gurus will be coming up with all kinds of tech to stop this from working. It's one thing to access a black-box recording after and accident. Quite another to be able to read the signal remotely. There are many ways to stop a signal.

edit on 12/5/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Ministers ARE NOT "powerless" to stop it! They just lack the spine and conviction to go against the party leadership and denounce it or actually speak out and veto it's deployment.

The whole part about this system only switching on in the event of an accident, and that it is a "safety" feature is laughable. A bit like the "Speed Cameras" that went through their rebranding as "Safety Cameras" once it was seen that they were nothing more than a revenue generating scheme.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Is there really a need for a car to have a device fitted that alerts the authorities when/if it crashes?

Really?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am not surprised by this, after all it's going to be used for well intended purposes, however, it will probably be capable of doing everything people fear it could.

The E.U is a joke. An unelected panel of people (Commissioners), making laws that effect everyone in E.U countries. The M.E.P's, who we elect, do not actually have any power or influence on laws that are introduced. They merely work within committees to come up with a way of introducing the laws.

There have been some benefits of being in the E.U, but to be perfectly honest, I am not comfortable with laws being passed and introduced by an unelected Government.

The Political parties discuss leaving the E.U, well the Tories do, after a renegotiation of the terms of our membership. However, this is just a smoke screen as the influential players within the Tory party are actually Bilderbergers and they support everything the E.U stands for. Sure, they will say things that they think the electorate want to hear, but we will not get a referendum in 2017, despite all the promises. Top Labour politicians and Lib Dem politicians are all part of the same group.

We are under E.U Government-ship and will continue to be, wether we like it or not.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Ministers ARE NOT "powerless" to stop it! They just lack the spine and conviction to go against the party leadership and denounce it or actually speak out and veto it's deployment.

The whole part about this system only switching on in the event of an accident, and that it is a "safety" feature is laughable. A bit like the "Speed Cameras" that went through their rebranding as "Safety Cameras" once it was seen that they were nothing more than a revenue generating scheme.

I think they would be able to find a way if this decision of theirs makes it impossible for you to vote for them come next election.

In fact, I strongly advise all citizens, in all countries, to go about cleaning house. I live in America, and though I know that resistance is futile, I still constantly push for people to put their own election reform strategy in place. Keep the halls of our political palaces, flooded with the eager, energetic public servants. Remove all career politicians from office, and never allow anyone more than 2 terms in office. We are better off with inexperienced newcomers, struggling to learn how to serve the citizens and country, than with a bunch of corrupt, greedy politicians, that are only concerned with keeping their cushy, jobs with their huge, lifetime salaries.

We need to face facts. We can no longer do nothing. We have to make a stand and make a choice. If we don’t, the choices will be made for us and we won’t be happy with the outcomes.

Read your history. Remember when you used to ask yourself, how did the people allow their situation to get so out of control? Remember when you looked at history and said, “If I lived during those times, I would never allow ________ (fill in the blank), to happen to me.”? Well you are living during the time of the next chapter of our destiny. It is time to put your convictions into action. The seats are all taken. The lifeboats are being dragged under by those trying to survive the shipwreck. It is time to sink or swim; crap or get off the pot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join