It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are Stupid!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Now that I have your attention, I'd like to know why Americans are becoming more stupid each day?

This is a sincere question.

Why is it that each and every American is "endowed" with the "inalienable right" to feel entitled and absolutely right about everything he/she believes? Most are complete idiots who have not spent quality time in school, or other cultures, to understand how the world works.

Is there a chance this world can go on if we tolerate a little? And no, I'm not advocating a bleeding heart agenda - quite the opposite!

Work your ass off for what your earn!

Spend only what you can afford!

Give as much as you can to those in need!

Tolerate those who oppose you!

Educate EVERYONE!

Get involved in politics!

Get off your @#@*$@ i-____ and make a difference!

If your religious, use it for good and not judging!

I suspect I'm just wasting my trons on this post and will likely be met with utter dribble and gobbledygook (yes, that is a word...and not a hip word, but a real word)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Gee, sounds like you're having a bad day. Who crapped in your cereal?

I feel badly that you think everyone in a certain country is stupid and misinformed. I believe your thoughts are a little subjective hmmm?

I wouldn't say all the people in whatever country you're from are stupid and lazy. That would be rude and inaccurate. Every country has their share of lazy and stupid people. To generalize and say the whole population of a country is like that is just plain wrong.

I guess I'll run along now and continue to be stupid and lazy. Have a nice day.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm an american. I'm seeing all kinds of mistakes. Not just the USA. I feel your anger.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I don't know, man, I wish I did.

In real life (as opposed to on ATS or other message board) people tell me "I don't have enough money." So I say, OK (do this) and you'll get some money. I am an entrepreneur, obviously the person I am speaking to knows that, that is why they ask me. I am telling them an actual way, generally simple, to make more money and solve their problem.

But they won't do it. Not because they aren't smart enough or because I'm running some scam 'pay $499 for this DVD and learn to be rich' NO. An actual way to make money which anyone can do regardless of education level. But they just won't do it. It feels like that they would rather COMPLAIN than SOLVE THE PROBLEM. Unmotivated, I guess, I don't know.

Or, I say (do this) and you'll lower your monthly bills. Again, they won't do it! This has been happening to me for years and it is about to the point where I won't even help anyone who asks me for advice or anything because I've wasted so much time trying to help people who just have no motivation to help themselves, even after I very clearly explain step by step how to make it better (at their insistence).

They seem to want all their problems solved and everything to just land in their lap, with no effort. It takes work and perseverance and effort man. You want to know why I have a great marriage? It doesn't just HAPPEN man I WORKED FOR IT. You want to know why I have a decent house, I broke my butt for it man. No one just gave me a house, I did not win the lottery. But it's like they want me to tell them some magic trick so they can move into something than wherever they currently live like next week, through next to no effort.

I don't know man. I don't know why people seem to be getting dumber.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

That's what I'm talking about. I am involved in educating the best in the Intelligence career field and the best I can get out of most students is, "meh..."

Maybe it's a tipping point. We've reached the point of super saturation. We're a society based on so many morals and ideals that we've overlooked the point of keeping the solution a bit dissolved.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Perhaps you're right. Generalization is wrong. I'll take a hit on that one.

I'd be willing to bet you could ask most any American walking down the street to name who the President, Vice President, Secretary of State, or how many Congress members are in Congress (EITHER House or Senate) and you'd get a "deer in the headlight" look!

If you ask which Hollywood artist recently got divorced/married/broke up/came out of the closet/went into the closet/built a closet/knows how to spell closet, they could answer in a heartbeat!

I dare you to take this challenge....

As for which country I'm from....take a guess

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You want the simple answer?

Fluoride.

GMO's

Aspartame.

I guarantee you those have something to do with it. Fluoridation of the water is probably a good place to start though.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
1. You won't find me working 9 to 5. It's too much fun being alive.

2. YOLO.

3. Don't waste your money.

4. I will crush my enemies.

5. You can't teach anyone who doesn't want to learn.

6. “I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.” “I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.” “Hey, wait a minute, there’s one guy holding out both puppets!”

7. You're making a positive impact on our world. (Do third world countries understand sarcasm?)

What I get from your post is that you are angry you were born in some back water POS country and not the greatest nation in the history of the world. I will you with this:

USA! USA! USA! Ad infinitum...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well, first off, yeah... generally speaking, people aren't that bright. But there are specific variances from any generality and "intelligent" holds many shades of meaning.

I would also offer we know what surrounds us. You might be surrounded by "stupid" people... or at least ignorant and unaware.

You say you work at educating "the best and brightest" for the intelligence community. From my own personal experience with being at a school the CIA recruited from, I'd say the true "best and brightest" steer far away from intelligence work because of the meme that it's paranoid and perpetrating human right abuses.

You might have some kids who are getting good grades, but as far as insight and true intelligence, not-so-much.

I personally see the need for intelligence work, if you mean espionage. I'd hope it was done with a strict code of benevolence and honor, as it's very lack of oversight breeds excesses.

My two-cents.

ETA oh and the whole reason I posted was when I saw the title I said to myself, "Yes, I sure am..." I've found we are all stupid and lazy to a point and the challenge is acting to change that. But people in our culture are exceptionally smug, and I've found far more we, as a collective, do not know much about... things I was told were silly folks tales have some validity to them... so we are all stupid and trying to change that fact.
edit on 5/11/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: disregardingeverything

Awesome-sauce!

Now grow up and when you reach my level you can appreciate the real world. What experiences do you have to share with the rest of the world?

...and where do you think I'm from?

Wait...why am I wasting my time saying these things to a noob.

Disregard everything above. What I meant to say was...

Thank you disregardingeverything. Your take on life is independent and extreme. YOLO!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I can admit to being stupid and uniformed, but I have come a long way from where I was 10 years ago. We need to get people back to critical thinking instead of reciting facts. Things are taught in the most boring and foolish ways possible. Learning should be fun and interactive. I am passionate about learning, but not that high on school or the current education system.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I am involved in educating the best in the Intelligence career field

So you take impressionable minds and teach them to be criminals. Personally I'd rather be called "stupid" than traitor.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I am so stupid.. I let a married woman take me away for 7 months..crap!! hahahah!! That is stupid
Wht you ask? Cause I'm a nice stupid guy

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Thanks bro!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: disregardingeverything

hahaha! What !! lol!!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm just as stupid and ignorant as many, and you bring up a great point. The sad thing to consider is that high school is where it begins - critical thinking, of course. Unfortunately, this is not happening now. The military teaches it, but there is also the dilemma of challenging students to think for themselves - no, that can't happen in the military!

I say, LEARN! Learn in every way you can! Learn from your peers! Learn from your enemies (religious, political, cultural)! If high school wasn't enough, learn why, and then learn more.

Only through this can anyone make a difference.

Or you can differ to YOLO and just be happy with your i____....

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Love when people say Americans are stupid. I mean, show me a populace that isn't.

There is no "stupid country". There is no vast populace of superior intellect.

There is only slaves on chains serving idiot masters.

If there is anyone who is NOT stupid, they are individuals surrounded by idiots. No matter what country.

MM

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Challenge me...I dare you!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Point well taken...to a point. The difference between Americans and most other cultures is that they don't have a sense of inherent global ethnocentrism. Most other cultures are trying to become like Americans!

Yet, we act no different.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
a reply to: Mr Mask

Point well taken...to a point. The difference between Americans and most other cultures is that they don't have a sense of inherent global ethnocentrism. Most other cultures are trying to become like Americans!

Yet, we act no different.

I hear you. I really do. But I just don't see a solid reason to call any one country stupid when the entire world's populace outnumbers those enslaving us more than 10,000 to 1, yet the entire world still grovels and dances to idiot media and BS all the same.

Alls we ever see is one group pointing at another and declaring the other inferior for one reason or another.

Its all trite. Its all worthless hubbub when weighed. There is no country of intelligence, and to wish for one is just as fruitless since there has never been one.

Every culture since the dawn of Sumer was nothing more than a herd majority serving a few masters.

And even those masters were total idiots.

I just don't see any reason to fuel more judgement of shortcomings when alls I see are human cows working to feed the inhuman farmers.

Good luck and best hope to you and everyone.

MM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join