It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS, New to ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hello everyone, or whomever visits this thread. I'm not really good at introducing myself in the physical world, but I'll give it a try on the WWW. First off, I wont need to give my name I think...I don't know.
Currently a college student (Sophomore), studying 'Music Composition'. So I do not have a background in politics or philosophy. And I'm not very religious. Although for some topics, I do have strong opinions for. I am also very interested in the metaphysical and dreaming (lucid dreaming/oobe/predictions) and hope to learn more about these. Oh, and uh...forgive me for my grammar and what-not. If any of you have suggestions for threads I should peak at, please- suggest
Thanks

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Welcome xVeon!

I am sure you will find plenty of information on what you're interested in on these forums. May I suggest the metaphysics etc.. subforum. There are plenty of users there that have posted some pretty good information on far reaching topics such as Lucid dreaming and OBEs. Can't think of any particular ones at the moment except for beginners meditation. Not sure if the search is any good but it's worth a try.

Like you I studied composition. All I can say is good luck in your endeavors to becoming a notation wizard. It can be a rough road.

You might be interested in skimming through these - J. S. Bach: music and occult knowledge -
The Devil's Chord - They pertain to music and I found them through a quick search.

If you've got any questions for us on how to use the site we'll be happy to help.

edit on 10-5-2014 by Inarismessenger because: linkys

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Welcome!

Your opinions matter...as much as your respect for others' opinion.

Dream as much as you can and remember where the ground is when you fall.

Grammar.

Learn it. Love it. Use it! Because, WORDS MEAN STUFF!

Good luck on your journey....

...errr, can I offer you a beer? How does virtual age limits work?

Dang! Now I have to spend the next week trying to figure THAT out! Thanks....

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xVeon

Hello xVeon!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Remember, Above All, Have Fun!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Inarismessenger

Thank you!

Those threads seem very interesting! I heard of the Devil's Chord before, but I didn't think it would be deeply involved with mathematics as I already thought it already was

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am new too....kind of. Your fresh ideas will blossom here, as long as you don't get hurt by debaters who are critical to give an angle to the conversation. All viewpoints are valid, when looked at objectively. My best advise, as a newbie, is, don't take things too personally. There is a wealth of knowledge here if you can listen to other perspectives. Blossom and grow in this incredible, various, veritable garden!
Hugs! Carla

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Welcome!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I hope you enjoy your time here!

new topics

top topics

join