It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

REAL COST of OBAMACARE given to me by the Insurance Company!

page: 4
49
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

They didn't expand Medicaid because after 3 years the Federal Government won't pay for it anymore and the state has to pick up that tab. They CAN'T AFFORD IT! That is why the state did that. Same thing here in Florida.




posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
@OccamsRazor04,

Yahbut the government overextends the powers granted to it by the Constitution on a daily basis, and there doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it. And it very much relates to this topic, because we had this awful system foisted on us as a result of voting for a demagogue. And the Supreme Court dropped the ball by allowing it, so much for our checks and balances!



That is why the American form of Government has specific checks in place for those concerns, and we are not a Democracy, rather a Constitutional Republic.

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand though. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I am not proud that some others will be getting insurance. Those same people were getting Medicaid before Obamacare and my chances of being able to afford it were higher. Now my chances of being able to afford it are completely gone AND I get to pay a penalty tax for not being able to afford it so that MORE people can get Medicaid. That's a shiite deal as far as I am concerned.

The government is continuing to punish those that are struggling NOT to accept their hand outs and rewarding those that are more than willing to do so.

NO. I am not proud nor happy. To ask someone to be proud and happy that they have been pissed on and told it's raining is ludicrous IMO.



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

Important correction there... The Supreme Court most definitely DID NOT allow it. They handed the states the very tools they could use to dismantle the whole thing.

The Roberts Court decision did two things. It affirmed the individual mandate as a tax we all get to pay. (booooo!)

It also said the states have the right to participate or not as they see fit and can refuse to expand Medicare and/or Medicaid. That normally wouldn't mean a whole lot because the Feds have their ways of forcing issues...but not this time. They also added the Feds cannot retaliate for that choice by a State by cutting existing funding or slashing it elsewhere to force compliance.

It became a choice within the states and among the states after that Super Court decision. Most states failed. A few are fighting..and ones like mine? Well.. We have the structure to fight and the law to back it, passed on the basis of that Super Court decision. We just have a Governor as interested in following it as those in Washington. Not good..but the failure is ours to live with by electing the man.



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Please, tell me how single-payer will curb costs?
Make drugs affordable.

If I cannot afford the premiums now...I sure as hell won't be able to afford the taxes to pay for single payer.

Where does the cost containment/reduction come into play with your scheme????



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: spirit_horse



So.....We got ourselves into a fine mess this time, didn't we?





Ummm...No....No...WE...didn't. WE...didn't stand behind the podium and spout "we'll have to pass it so we can see what's in it"...or, "you can keep your current health plan and doctor"...or, "it's called the affordable health care plan"...

Nor did...WE...vote for the stooge that crafted this massive tax and theft scheme........NO SIR...NO WAY...

You see...I...voted for the other guy...the one that was for LESS government...and it wasn't that Mormon progressive either...........................So don't you dare lay this at MY doorstep...

Unfortunately...I gain no comfort in saying "you get the government you deserve"...because I sure as hell don't deserve what those sycophant herd animals foisted off on the nation...may they all develop rare and incurable diseases that leave them transfigured like lepers......a pox on all their houses.............

Yes...............I mean............YOU...


YouSir



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Flatfish

Please, tell me how single-payer will curb costs?
Make drugs affordable.

If I cannot afford the premiums now...I sure as hell won't be able to afford the taxes to pay for single payer.

Where does the cost containment/reduction come into play with your scheme????


I live in Indiana. Here's what Obamacare means for Indiana


What is the difference between the plans offered in the Marketplace?

The Marketplace offers:

Bronze Plans

This is the lowest cost plan available.
It has the lowest premiums and the lowest actuarial value.
The actuarial value of a bronze plan is 60%. This means that 60% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 40% to be paid by you.

Silver Plans

This is the second lowest cost plan.
It has an actuarial value of 70%. This means that 70% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 30% to be paid by you.

Gold Plans

This is the second most expensive plan.
It has an actuarial value of 80%. This means that 80% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 20% to be paid by you.

Platinum Plans

This is the plan with the highest premiums.
The Platinum plan as an actuarial value of 90%. This means that 90% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 10% to be paid by you.

Catastrophic Plans

These are plans for people under 30.
They usually have high deductibles, essential benefits and low premiums.

Where can I find an “Employer Coverage Tool” form?

You can probably get an “Employer Coverage Tool” form by visiting your job’s Human Resources Department or by contacting the person in charge of health insurance plans in your place of work. You can get this form on their website.

Can my children be denied coverage if they have asthma or diabetes?

No. Under the new health reform, insurers can no longer deny coverage to children because of a pre-existing condition, like asthma or diabetes. Health insurers will no longer be able to charge more or deny coverage to anyone because of a pre-existing condition.

Where does the funding go in the communities?

Under ObamaCare, funding is increased to promote better health and services in all communities.

The funds are used to:

Support ongoing health center operations.
Establish new health center sites.
Expand services.
Support major capital improvement projects.
Help enroll uninsured Americans in the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Hire more workers.
To repay educational loans and provide scholarships to primary care physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, behavioral health providers, and other primary care providers who practice in areas of the country that have too few health care professionals.

How does ObamaCare help the Medicare Program?

Under the national health reform there are major changes that create a stronger Medicare Program.

Prescription drugs are now affordable for seniors.

In 2012 206,304 individuals in Indiana saved over $140 million, or an average of $680 per beneficiary.
In 2012, people with Medicare in the “donut hole” received a 50 percent discount on covered brand name drugs and 14 percent discount on generic drugs.
In Indiana, people with Medicare saved nearly $421 million on prescription drugs because of the Affordable Care Act.

Under the health care law, coverage for both brand name and generic drugs will continue to increase over time until the coverage gap is closed.

Preventive services are covered with no deductible or co-pay.

No deductibles and co-pays let seniors and people with disabilities stay healthy by detecting and treating health problems early.

ObamaCare protects Medicare’s solvency.

The health care law extends the life of the Medicare Trust Fund by ten years.

From 2010 to 2012, Medicare spending per beneficiary grew at 1.7 percent annually.
The health care law helps stop fraud with tougher screening procedures, stronger penalties, and new technology.

Do all plans sold in the Marketplace comply with the new health reform?

Yes. All health insurance sold on official Marketplaces must include all the new benefits, rights and protections of the Affordable Care Act. To access ObamaCare in Indiana you can visit their website.

If you have any questions contact Healthcare.gov by calling 1-800-318-2596
TTY: 1-855-889-4325. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

What is the official Marketplace for Indiana?

HealthCare.org is your state’s official Marketplace for Indiana.

What is the FPL (federal poverty level) needed to receive ObamaCare subsidies?

ObamaCare subsidizes those with incomes ranging from 139% to 400% of the FLP. It also helps to make Medicaid and CHIP available for those below the 139% mark. Subsidies are given as refundable tax credits.

In 2013 400% FPL was:

$45,960 for single person.
$62,040 for a family of two.
$78,120 for a family of three.

FACTS

- HealthCare.gov is your state’s official ObamaCare website for Indiana.

- All health insurance sold on HealthCare.gov includes all the new benefits, rights and protections of the Affordable Care Act.

- Not everyone who doesn’t have insurance will be charged a fee or will get cost assistance.

- How much you pay for your premium depends on your income and household size.

- ObamaCare subsidizes those with incomes ranging from 139% to 400% of the FLP (federal poverty level). In 2013 400% FPL is $45,960 for single person, $62,040 for a family of two, and $78,120 for a family of three.

- ObamaCare helps to make Medicaid and CHIP available for those below the 139% mark.

- Subsidies are given as refundable tax credits.

- Location, income, smoking status, family size and age all affect the cost of your health insurance premium.

- Affordable health insurance is defined as 8% of your income.

- Health insurance companies do not have to offer every tier of plan, but within the Indiana health insurance Exchanges, all health insurance companies must offer at least one silver plan and one gold plan to consumers.


I want you to notice the first one, the Bronze. That means the government only pays for 60%, you are stuck for the remaining 40%. What? That means that you are almost paying half. So let's say you need an appendectomy, it might cost $6,000 because you are talking about the surgeon and the anesthesiologist, which by the way are two separate bills because the anesthesiologist gets paid directly.

And you are looking at taking up bed space in the hospital. And you are looking at sundries, such as medication and bandages, that you have to pay. And you are looking at the cost of having a television and telephone in your room.

$2,500 is your responsibility. But then, you are taken off work for six weeks to recover, which means that you have no income for 6 weeks, unless the insurance pays for that. Under Bronze? Nope. That doesn't sound so bad, except that under Obamacare, that 40% is still have to be paid by you as well as the cost for the plan, for 6 weeks.

But look at this, the insurer MUST offer you one Silver or one Gold, why is that? But notice also...the cost of medication WILL increase.



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

I always here that.

So the literacy and level of knowledge of people today is the same as it was even 50 years ago let alone a thousand or two?

Its BS. You could have a conversation on the subway with a beggar and he could explain the intricacies of fractal banking and every illegal action of his president according to constitutional law.

Direct democracy is a threat to those who fear losing power....even though they dont have it. They think that they would somehow lose validity all of a sudden. Their loss of validity coming from the fact that they werent that special for being able to read and understand a book.

We have access to the library of Alexandria on every PDA, cell phone and refrigerator in the US. You mean to tell me that the average person here isnt qualified to run their ship? Europe, eastern Europe? We have a new era of human progress and advancement. Education has never been so celebrated.

Please.

Cowards. hypocrites.

You say you only want the best. I say you only want the best for you and your self made society of technocratic experts.

I say if the ship cant float its not a boat. I say we start with a raft if we cant sail a ship. I say that having the yolk of the "captains" perpetually sitting on our horizon is unacceptable to a world of FREE and EDUCATED men.

Why the hell did you fill their minds with knowledge and wisdom if you had no intent in letting them run their own lives and destiny?

You deserve a fall.


edit on 5 11 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

originally posted by: whyamIhere

The Doctors hate it. The more I deal with it, the more I hate it.

This is done to make single payer look more attractive....It's working.


I fear, just like we are now required to pee in a bottle for work to look for drugs, soon we all will have to do it for our healthcare.

ObamaCare was not meant to make a single payer system look more attractive, that is just a side effect. It was a gift to the health insurance industry, and industry that is failing in providing First World healthcare and will continue to do so as long as profits are more important than the patient. ObamaCare has forced us to buy a defective product.

A single payer system will wipe out the health insurance industry in the US. They will not let that happen.



Exactly. As they say follow the money and Big Pharma and Insurance are at the top.
We are ruled by an oligarchy and for all those saying money is freedom of speech how are you liking those apples now?



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

As long as stocks in Healthcare and Pharma are traded on Wall Street, the costs will only increase so the top elite get a cut of our money.



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I find it odd that you made this statement.


You say you only want the best. I say you only want the best for you and your self made society of technocratic experts.


Your calling out those whom in your mind support a technocracy, while it is you whom is supporting it. Call it what you want, but the NWO, as mentioned many times already by our politicians was actually a globalist brainstorm that started the Tri-lateral Commission in which their first failure was Jimmy Carter!

I am not saying change isn't good nor needed, but when we blindly follow those whom got us to the brink of disaster in the first place, is not only very disturbing to me but the absolute definition of insanity.....



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

For the sake of discussion and attempting to move past the partisan combat among citizens that currently has this population in a gridlock of fighting?

I consider any American that was over 18 in 2009 and qualified to participate in our system, a member of the 'WE'. I very much include myself in the profound failure we have managed to come to, together. In my case, I could have looked to get the education I am now, some 20 years sooner and taken a path that for all I know, could have had some minor influence in the way things came out today. We'll never know, because I never did and for that, I will carry some regret while I watch this once great nation do an imitation of a lawn dart across several sectors.

'We' is a term of mutual belonging and as such, mutual responsibility as Americans. If we don't move past this 'You're right!! ..but You're LEFT!!", then we will fall all the way to the bottom together and we'll suffer en masse, as one big pile of purple goo.

Purple. The color that forms when Red and Blue just meld into each other. By then it won't matter anymore. If we could move past it...before the end?

Perhaps we could see this rotten system changed a bit and avoid the outcome we're currently in a fall toward, IMO. That will take us all, together and like minded in so far as at least breaking this cycle of partisan show business.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I do not support such an endeavor.

I am FOR direct democracy. I have seen the very slave mentality decry that "we are too dumb" to rule ourselves.

I say the republic must die or evolve in favor of a system of direct democracy.

Saying otherwise because we "dont trust ourselves" is insane....or at the very least, pathetic.

EDIT TO ADD:
Also the current globalist mentality is an evolution of the old high seas trade corporations and treaties...and the crowns and titles that secured their global hold on foreign markets through them by forcing colonies or subservient trade partners to pay tribute to the central powers of Europe through unfair trade.


edit on 5 11 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Didn't they really make the sale to the masses by calling it "Universal health Care", and then " Universal Health Care Insurance", and then " Universal Mandatory health Care Insurance" ?, I know it's actually called the "Affordable Care act" or ACA, but I heard it called many things during his run for president on snippets and sound bytes on TV when I was unfortunate enough to have so little to do I turned on the idiot box.

And it isn't like the garbage act wasn't written long before Obama was even running, were they keeping the actual name of the act a secret from him when he was campaigning?, or was he straight up lying?.

What was Hillary calling it when Bill was the boss?, I don't remember, but it seems everyone pretty much forgot Obama didn't come up with this hokey idea...

It wasn't received well way back when Bill was the boss, and it only took 10 years for everyone to completely forget about the first time this silly legislation was brought out.

What happened?.

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe


edit on 11-5-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: tpo



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite
what do you think the claims departments of private/commercial/corporate/whatever -insurance companies are, or have been since before ACA?



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner
eh
they extended who medicade/etc. covers a little bit.

if you're talking about the original ideas for healthcare reform, Obama is weak and makes so many concessions that what might have been originally envisioned as universal healthcare got boiled down to mediocre reforms of the healthcare system without any real change, which is really a good way to describe Obama's presidency.

not "Change" but "Fairly Modest Reforms hyped up like they're changes"



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

There's a maximum out of pocket for all plans. After that, almost everything is covers at 100%.
In my state it is $6350 per year.
For Bronze, that is also the deductible.

For the other plans, the CO-INSURANCE % kick in after the deductible is paid....and you pay the CO-INSURANCE until you reach $6350.

Also, under Bronze, the inpatient deductible is $4400....then the CO-INSURANCE kicks in.
edit on Sun May 11 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey everyone, this thread breaks my heart because there are so many people dealing with chronic pain. I once interviewed some experts in the field of comprehensive pain management, which is not the same as "regular" pain management in that it relies less on drugs, and specifically opioids.

This story is about the same people whom I interviewed but it's not by me:

Comprehensive Approach to Dealing with Pain at The Nebraska Medical Center

The patient told me that the four week program was not covered by his insurance but it was worth it to pay for it. (I think he was also suing his insurer but he couldn't talk about it.) It costs in the tens of thousands, which is a lot, but saves money in the long run, and if it relieves suffering it's probably worth any price! I don't know if there is any kind of payment plan or anything like that.

I also interviewed an expert here: American Society of Pain Educators. He was a big believer in getting people off opioids to whatever extent it's possible and treating the pain from the inside, not the outside. This website is mostly for health professionals to get certified but they might be able to make referrals.



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Interesting. Which states are fighting? Probably not mine.



originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: lindalinda

It became a choice within the states and among the states after that Super Court decision. Most states failed. A few are fighting..and ones like mine? Well.. We have the structure to fight and the law to back it, passed on the basis of that Super Court decision. We just have a Governor as interested in following it as those in Washington. Not good..but the failure is ours to live with by electing the man.



posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
What happened?.


IMHO?

They found a much better salesman. One that was safe from being called out regardless of what he did. They played their hand perfectly and got what they wanted in a way that nobody could say anything about without being called "racist". That's my honest opinion. I know others will vehemently disagree... I am beyond giving a shiite at this point in time.




top topics



 
49
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join