It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Issues Another Nuclear Threat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: rickynews

Iraq never had WMD's and Iran likely doesn't either.

USA would have far more credibility and respect if it had gone into North Korea in 2003 and not Iraq!

Plus the USA hardly has the moral high ground when it gets to decide who has nukes or not either!

It's not a matter of moral "high-ground". The U.S. is certainly not the only nation in this world that wants to prevent nuclear proliferation. In fact, with the exception of very few bad actors in the Middle East, including Iran - The entire International Community supports preventing Iran, and any other nation that has the idea, that a nuclear weapons program is not going to happen under International Law.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thegeck

North Korea has all rights to posess nuclear assets. Israel has thesm(around 200), America has them, France has them, Russia has them....sorry, but I don't see the difference. Although I would encourage any diplomatic moves so they don't.
North Korea is Demonised too much. I've lived in worse places. Be real. If you can pick your nose, so can other people. No idiot, even North Korea, would use Nuclear wepons. China would swallow it for that. I pity North Korea. It's no worse than taiwan, but it has been abolished from international business. What a shame. Friends are better than enemies.

North Korea has been, and all evidence suggests, is currently a Dictatorship that is control by psychopaths capable of God only knows what.

Here's a (fairly long) video documentary by National Geographic if you are interested in brushing up on life inside North Korea - including the absolute tyranny the people of North Korea have to endure every single day of their lives...,and generation after generation.

Inside North Korea video link found here: www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: big_BHOY

I agree with your assessment and potentially likely outcomes. The North Korea situation has "powered keg potential".

Technically, the United States & South Korea Alliance are still in a state of war with North Korea. Only a ceasefire is still in effect from the start of Korean war to the present day. Many people do not actually realize that - but it is true.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

No doubt. China has to play a role in coming down on their little brother North Korea. There doesn't seem to be a lot of good options to deal with North Korea short of China turning the economic tourniquet tightly until North Korea gives up its Nuclear weapons, and I don't see that as very likely either.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rusblued9217

Well Spoken,

yet China continues to condone this buffer zone.

I am sure you understand the reason.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I love it.

USA invades Iraq and is constantly trying to find a way into Iran at just the slight sniff of WMD's

Yet not only does North Korea flaunt WMD's but threatens people like some bad Rodger Moore era bond villain and that's totally cool.

That's the problem, once a country has real WMD capabilities it's almost impossible to stop them. This is the exact reason no country should have them if they don't already.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rusblued9217

Nothing will come of it.

The north Korean state is collapsing, a good percentage of people can pickup phone signal and even wi-fi from the south or China on their black market phones now. The people know how the rest of Korea lives.

The state is posturing out of weakness, trying to appear strong to quell internal dissent.

The situation there will not exist much longer, Kim Jong Un will realise sooner or later unification with the south is the only way forward, and if he can broker a deal with them he can join the global elite as a rich man.

The view of him in history will be changed from the man who continued the oppression of the Korean people, to the man who enabled unification of that great nation.

His legacy will be transformed, and at the end of the day, what does a dictatorial leader want more than an illustrious legacy?

Kim and his evil regime will not be in any new unified Government. It is more likely however that they will be playing leading roles in a war crimes tribunal or crimes against humanity trial. Don't forget the concentration camps in North Korea. That is a horror story the world has fully yet to learn and understand about. Not wanting to take anything away from the Holocaust, but I suspect the North Korean concentration camps are on a par with the Nazi concentration camps. As far as we know there are no gas chambers, but many many deaths have occurred all the same.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: thegeck

North Korea has all rights to posess nuclear assets. Israel has thesm(around 200), America has them, France has them, Russia has them....sorry, but I don't see the difference. Although I would encourage any diplomatic moves so they don't.
North Korea is Demonised too much. I've lived in worse places. Be real. If you can pick your nose, so can other people. No idiot, even North Korea, would use Nuclear wepons. China would swallow it for that. I pity North Korea. It's no worse than taiwan, but it has been abolished from international business. What a shame. Friends are better than enemies.

Oh that's alright then. I am sure South Korea will support you when it is glowing green and in nuclear smoulders. North Korea is run by an evil regime who don't give a rats ass about it's own people. They are starved, there are concentration camps in North Korea and just one whisper of dissent will see not only you but also three generations of your family condemned to the camps for life. Enjoy your visit to North Korea. I hope you realise that it is not all milk and honey but an evil regime that needs bringing to an end.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
N Korea is the 9th of 10 (kings) Horns which will share power with the 'Beast in Revelation'... so NK will not go-away any time soon

it is likely that Iran will become the 10th Horn/King , so that the world will see : NK, Iran, Pakistan, China, Russia as a bloc of nuclear weapon wielding 'Kings'
and the opposing Bloc of USA, GB, France, India & Israel...together making up the clay-&-Iron. Ten Toes of the Final End-Times Beast Empire

NK is acting as it should to bring about end-times 10 nation Beast Union...of which 3 nations & their nuclear arsenals will be absorbed by the AC leader who will emerge from this 10 horned Nuclear Club

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
...Back to reality..North Korea in it's present
format has only a short time left to live imho.

Like other posters have said , China's patience is wearing very thin
with them, and NK is becoming to unstable and dangerous
to tolerate much longer.

So one way or another they are going down.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
...Back to reality..North Korea in it's present
format has only a short time left to live imho.

Like other posters have said , China's patience is wearing very thin
with them, and NK is becoming to unstable and dangerous
to tolerate much longer.

So one way or another they are going down.

What makes you think China patience is wearing thin? I have the same sense as you on this too, but haven't heard any specific reports along those lines, so am interested in knowing if there is anything relatively recently that China has either said or done that would indicate that they are running out of patience with North Korea, which would be at least a step in the right direction in the way of putting some biting economic pressure on the North Korean regime.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

A link to just one article..
The Guardian

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

A link to just one article..
The Guardian

Good article and reference, thanks.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IseeThroughYourBS

I guess the world better invade Israel then because, correct me if I'm wrong, but Israel used chemical warfare on arabs AND the Palestinians, and it's thought that Israel has the biggest stockpile of chemical weapons in the middle east. Israel has also made threats with their nuclear arsenal, which they refuse weapons inspectors to look at. It seems that Israel is just as dangerous as North Korea. Israel & NK are equally insane.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Why should the US, which makes up a small percentage of the Earth's population, decide what is right for the rest of the world?

I really hate this America should, rhetoric. It's #ing stupid if you ask me, my father does it, my brother does it, I know meet random people that do it.

Stop looking to the US to police the world, stop assuming it is their responsibility to do anything other than look out for themselves. That's all the US should care about.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

I soooo agree with that X 1000!
Why should American lives be lost for other countries? Let'em fight their own wars. If there was a real UN where all countries can vote and have a say then that would be the way to do it---TOGETHER, NOT the US doing all the work. We don't owe the world nothing. The same goes for foreign aid; The only way we should give any country foreign aid is if they kiss some serious ass and make that part of the world a better place. We just can't do any more wars. The psychos in control of the US gov has to know that the American people, the world, are sick of all the war mongering. Military should deny all orders for war....just stand down and refuse it.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: IseeThroughYourBS

I guess the world better invade Israel then because, correct me if I'm wrong, but Israel used chemical warfare on arabs AND the Palestinians, and it's thought that Israel has the biggest stockpile of chemical weapons in the middle east. Israel has also made threats with their nuclear arsenal, which they refuse weapons inspectors to look at. It seems that Israel is just as dangerous as North Korea. Israel & NK are equally insane.

SO...marking rounds are WMD's? The use of phosphorous in the way they use them are not chemical weapons.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Can anyone imagine what would happen if North Korea ever were to make good on their threats to launch a nuclear missile at the United States, and claiming it was a "missile test gone awry" ? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can imagine.

If the missile doesn't get taken out by an SM-3 from a nearby Aegis, then a space-based weapon, it then gets targeted by a midrange, ground-based EKV...if still in the air, then we move to the triple play in the terminal stage (more Aegis, THAAD missile system, and PAC-3 missiles).

So, the missile/s are destroyed, he looks like a chump, then we go in for a few rounds of carpet bombing on military and industrial targets to basically demonstrate, we can hit you, but you can't hit us. After a nuke being on the way to us, not much China can really say about it. Personally, I'd recommend that we never even set boots on the ground, and just bomb them constantly for about a year, and starve them the heck out, but that's just me.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

USA likes to demonize countries. USA has concentration camps. Did you know? Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib. If we count all the civilians the US has killed over the years, it would make up for a small European country. North Korea does not do that kind of stuff. Yeah, they brag about kicking ass, but, seriously, how gulible does one have to be to take it seriously?
But nice job in makind them hate US as much as it does now. Oh, and it's just the beginning of the list. US pissed off Russia, it totally dissed Merkel with the NSA phone tapping, It lit up the Ukraine. German "Bild" newspaper is talking about US mercs fighting side-by-side with Right Sector in Ukraine. And now Obama comes to Japan and spits on China, saying that it supports Japan in their territorial disputes with China. It dissed india not too long ago, there was a big scandal. What are you doing? Are you guys INSANE? You own China trillions of dollars! You are bankrupt! China just has to ask the US to pay up in order to topple the US economy over. I'm sorry, but US has got it's hands is the # up to the elbows and put on white gloves, as if nobody would notice.
But hey, back to reality, Europe would want the Middle East for themselves. They don't want US there. They have theis own interests. And China woul'd mind having it for themselves either. You think a 17,5 TRILLION debt would help the US? What are you gonna pay with? Alaska? China wouldn't mind.
And people starve in the US too. Beacuse, likewise, not all people starve in North Korea. They are still alive. Add 2+2. What do we get? Exactly, they have enought to sustain themselves in a way which they got used to over the years. And hey, the're not so poor because they're lazy or stupid or anything. It's because US has puppeted the whole world and the UN, primarily, it's №1 pet lapdog to blockade it.

America has made far to many enemies and has very few true friends. Even israel. When a US official says the US is ready to "ditch it anytime soon", Israelis kind of wonder, who to turn to next. Hey, Russia helped with Syria. Maybe it will help them with Iran too? Because sure as hell, all America can achieve there is create another "Iraq", where pople blow up by the dozens each day. Look at the news. Constant terrorist acts. Al Quaeda picnic. Do you thing Israel wants to be surrounded by an Islamic wildwire? I don't think so.

North Koreans don't want to die. Chubby Kim doesn't want to die. He got himself a nice piece of ass, he got food, golden urinals and so on and I bet he's got better education than you. Hey, look at the facts. Private schools and top Universities. France, Switzerland. Yeah. He'll just twitch and blow himself up for ne reason and kill his people...what a stupid thing to assume...hell with my nice life. I wand birds to pluck my evey out. Yeah! Yeeeha!
My friend, YOU got more reasons to blow yourself up, than Kim-Chong Un. Be realistic.

The problem here is that instead of flexing it's steroid muscles, the US should go back to what really made it a superpower - smart people with amazing policies and a diplomatic approach. There hasn't been a sane American leader since Kennedy. White trash JWB Junior, psychotic old fart Nixon...Obama...Jesus...where's the next Roosevelt? Why in Ron Paul not president already? He was the only sane politician on the last elections. I'm not American, but I always watch American primaries. You always have 90% Husks and 1-2 true leaders. Oh, and one candyman. This time the candyman was Obama. "I will give you money! Change! Cookies for everyone!" "Yay, Cookies! Where do we sign?"

I bet Kennedy would find a way to solve the North Korean crisis. He would go there and he would solve it. Just like he did with the cuban Crisis. He is one of the few politicians that are openly respected in Russia by politicians and military alike.

You're talking about putting down another evil regime, but there is just one Evil rejume that is asking to be put down. And it's not North Korea, that has'nt hurt that many people so far.
Please stop hating people. North Korea hasn't done you anything bad. Lift blockade. Help the people of N.K. sell their produce and buy food. But you don't want to help those people, you hypocrite. You want to bomb the hell out of them. 'Murica.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Oh foxnews.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join