It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Issues Another Nuclear Threat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

North Korea has all rights to posess nuclear assets. Israel has thesm(around 200), America has them, France has them, Russia has them....sorry, but I don't see the difference. Although I would encourage any diplomatic moves so they don't.
North Korea is Demonised too much. I've lived in worse places. Be real. If you can pick your nose, so can other people. No idiot, even North Korea, would use Nuclear wepons. China would swallow it for that. I pity North Korea. It's no worse than taiwan, but it has been abolished from international business. What a shame. Friends are better than enemies.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Most likely another threat in regards to looking for more money & concessions.

They get it, use part of of to fund their extravagant lifestyles & use the rest to continue with their obsessions of being a nuclear power.

The main problem is that this can't go on for ever. They've been at this gig for a while & if you look, it's actually getting more frequent. Eventually it's gonna come to an explosive head.

It could be anything from one of the main men to realise they only have a bit to live, or lil kim to realise all their black market funds are running low. Meaning he can't continue living like a king + keep his puppets in the lifestyle they were accustomed to any longer. Heck, even one of the deluded fools to actually think their ICBM is so advanced it would actually make it through to it's destination.

The problem is China! The north know big brother has their back. China want to keep the status quo because it suits them to continue to have the north as a buffer zone between them & the south + americans.

However this issue is never going to go away & military action against them is inevitable.. They will continue as long as funds allow, to develop their nuclear program till they are able to hit their enemies. China will continue advancing it's military & in the next decade or so, they will have multiple carriers + likely lasers & possibly rail guns as well. At this point, short of nuking china to get to north korea, there is nothing that could be done without huge casualties.

North Korea will have to be dealt with directly sooner or later & as bad as it would be taking on China right now, it's going to be a whole lot harder in the next decade or so.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: crazyewok

China is factored into that as well.
Its not like USA can go and liberate NK without china getting involved.

We got smacked down last time we went up there.
Think Chosin Reservoir, Marines got up north and got surrounded by the chines and had to attack in the other direction to high tail it out of there.
Not retreat, but attacking in a different direction

Was that when North Korea lost 40% of its population fighting a handful of allied troops?

There was no retreat... only a truce, and mass casualties on china and North Koreas side... The allied troops Intensions was never to push into North Korea or China but to hold the 38th parallel to which they drew up years before

It was intended to be a peace keeping mission still is

It was know in the west as the forgotten war because of all the above

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Can anyone imagine what would happen if North Korea ever were to make good on their threats to launch a nuclear missile at the United States, and claiming it was a "missile test gone awry" ?
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even if it was shot down before it hit the U.S., there wouldn't be a North Korea anymore. Either China would step in and put an end to Kim Jong Un's regime, or the U.S. will do it for them. The last thing China would want is a nuclear fallout or war on their border. I think China's patience with Kim is wearing thin.

I would have to agree.. With lil kimmy out the way there is nothing stopping china taking control of North Korea

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Unfortunately it isn't that simple. The amount of lives lost in such a conflict would be astronomical. North Korea has thousands of heavy artillery pieces aimed at major population centers in South Korea and there would be tens of thousands of people dead within a few hours if such a conflict were to occur.

As much as the U.S has technical superiority to the DPRK, it would not be a quick victory. It would be a total bloodbath as the DPRK has large numbers of soldiers and equipment (however outdated) and could inflict heavy casualties not only on south korea but on American forces as well. North Korea has some of the heaviest air defenses in the world, and gaining air superiority over their airspace would be a tall task.

There isn't much the U.S could do without hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of lives being lost, and that is if China stayed out of the conflict. Add in the Chinese factor and the last thing the U.S or it's allies want is a war with North Korea. There is no easy solution, and the only way I could see the North Korean problem being solved is from within its own borders via a popular uprising. But the people there are so brainwashed that I highly doubt it will ever happen.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

No i agree the cost would be astronomticaly high.

My point was it hypocritical and cowardly for the US to have invaded Iraq instead on the same pretense even though it had no WMD's and how tge US it quite happy to haress Iran.

Either the US gov should be consistant or butt out.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: DeadSeraph

No i agree the cost would be astronomticaly high.

My point was it hypocritical and cowardly for the US to have invaded Iraq instead on the same pretense even though it had no WMD's and how tge US it quite happy to haress Iran.

Either the US gov should be consistant or butt out.

I agree but I don't think it's really relevant to the issue. Sure, the U.S shouldn't have invaded Iraq. I was against it then, and I still think it was the wrong thing to do now. But at the end of the day, pointing out the hypocrisy of the U.S.A's actions in Iraq doesn't help us find solutions for North Korea. The threat North Korea poses is a global one, and not just a threat to the U.S. If the shells start flying it's going to affect the whole world, and a nuclear exchange would be bad news for everybody if it came to that.

I just wish there was an easy solution. Not just because I'm worried about the rest of the world, but also because I feel terrible for the people of North Korea and the conditions they live in. It's horrible. People are starving there so that lil' kim can live his lavish lifestyle and play with all his military toys, and the worst part about it is that they actually believe it's America's fault.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
All these threats. Why don't they stop threatening everyone and do something already, because we all know they're all full of sh!t anyway.

If I'm gonna punch you in the face, the last thing I'm gonna do is tell you, or threaten to punch you in the face before hand. It kinda gives the whole element of surprise away.

NK is just pissed off their dicks are so tiny and nobody else, literally in the entire world, gives a flying f**k about their horrible, hilariously incapable country.

I mean, come on. We got nukes in the 40's. You're a cool 70+ years late to the party NK. Sit down.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Iraq never had WMD's and Iran likely doesn't either.

USA would have far more credibility and respect if it had gone into North Korea in 2003 and not Iraq!

Plus the USA hardly has the moral high ground when it gets to decide who has nukes or not either!

"Iraq never had WMD's" I see this puppeted by the ignorant quite often.

Deny Ignorance,correct? Well, I deny your ignorance by proving you wrong.

What did Iraq use to gas the Kurds? I guess those weren't WMDs to the ignorant like you.
Do you even know what WMDs are? No, no you do not.

"The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians.[1][2] Thousands more died of complications, diseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack.[3] The incident, which has been officially defined as an act of genocide against the Kurdish people in Iraq,[4] was and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history." -wiki

Ignorance DENIED!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IseeThroughYourBS

Iraq DID have WMD's but they handed them over in the 90's in an effort to have crippling sanctions lifted from them. The UN oversaw the dismantling of their chemical weapons stockpiles and the whole world knew Iraq was complying with UN resolutions.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Are you referring to Chosin or to the war in total?

Because I wouldn't call about 200K dead and about 30K MIA with roughly a million total allied forces a "handful".

And if they never intended to go Into the north, why did the allied forces get to the Chinese border?

As for thread topic; another threat from NK. One day, either the West or China is going to tire of this and put an end to the dictatorship in NK. That's if they don't actually decide to send a nuke at SK, Japan, Australia or something. If that happens, they will have made someone's decision much easier.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yea yeah i can imagine what would happen if NK launched a missile at the USA,

it'd crash into the sea or if they are really really lucky, they might just hit Hawaii.....

This is all of course speculating that NK has said missile, that said missile is nuclear and that said missile could even get off of the launch pad in order to get into the sea.

Then china would prolly bust into north Korea and do something failing an american response or south Korean or Japanese response and north Korea would fall and probably be better off for it.
I think alot of the fanaticism is feigned with the help of a rifle to the head, it wouldn't really take much for the people to see a better future ahead as they all live in fairly poor conditions and so there'd be very little morally to put up a fight. especially against such better equipment and soldiers along with being outnumbered and having very little civil support.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: IseeThroughYourBS

Iraq DID have WMD's but they handed them over in the 90's in an effort to have crippling sanctions lifted from them. The UN oversaw the dismantling of their chemical weapons stockpiles and the whole world knew Iraq was complying with UN resolutions.

WRONG.

"The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.
The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons arsenal — most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.
In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.
Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city." NYPOST

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yes the marines did some damage on their way out, but it was in fact a retreat. They were north, and then they went back south.
They then sign a truce, but it was not till the US got pushed back down south by the chinese
And I think you are off on your handful numbers.. A division has a couple more then that

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789

Because I wouldn't call about 200K dead and about 30K MIA with roughly a million total allied forces a "handful".

And if they never intended to go Into the north, why did the allied forces get to the Chinese border?

As for thread topic; another threat from NK. One day, either the West or China is going to tire of this and put an end to the dictatorship in NK. That's if they don't actually decide to send a nuke at SK, Japan, Australia or something. If that happens, they will have made someone's decision much easier.

South Korean 602,902
US 326,863
British 14,198

Chinese 1,350,000
North Korea 266,600
Russian 26,000

In comparisons to the Second World War I would call this number of troops sent to secure the designated boarders a handful, the majority were from South Korea

Allied forces
Total dead: 178,490
Total wounded: 30,000

Communist forces
Total dead: 750,282
Total wounded: 789,000

+40% or North Koreas population

Looks like a HUGE arse whooping to me how about you?

Here is a time line of events..as you can see when the communist forces pushed into the south covering up to 95% of South Korea the allied forces landed and annihilated the communist coalition

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 10-5-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

[
I think china is pretty much through with North Korea. I think they outlived there usefulness ages ago.

I think North Korea is right where China wants it. Exactly how it is right now.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes the marines did some damage on their way out, but it was in fact a retreat. They were north, and then they went back south.
They then sign a truce, but it was not till the US got pushed back down south by the chinese
And I think you are off on your handful numbers.. A division has a couple more then that

Because they would have had to nuke china to win.. That's why

They decided to stick with the plan which was to secure the 38th parallel which they did and was the sole reason they got involved in the first place, it was a boarder they drew up and had to enforce.. the allied troops did not have the public support or economy's to go In to china it was support to be a peace keeping mission, the west had just finished up with the Second World War and didn't have the stomach for another full scale war... which is why it was called the forgotten war because it went largely unreported in the west

China was still pouring cannon fodder over the boarders and this was not the allies fight nor Intensions even tho they went from 95% of the South Korea under communist troops occupation to 95% arse kicking into the North or Korea in a very short space of time

Perhaps some of you need to brush up on your history and recognise one of the biggest steamrolling a in history

edit on 10-5-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789

Well I don't see the Chinese happy with any kind of chaos in N.K.I would think the last thing they need is several million NK refugees flooding the Chinese border for safety.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IseeThroughYourBS

USA would have far more credibility and respect if it had gone into North Korea in 2003 and not Iraq!

Plus the USA hardly has the moral high ground when it gets to decide who has nukes or not either!

What did Iraq use to gas the Kurds? I guess those weren't WMDs to the ignorant like you.

"The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians.[1][2] Thousands more died of complications, diseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack.[3] The incident, which has been officially defined as an act of genocide against the Kurdish people in Iraq,[4] was and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history." -wiki

Ignorance DENIED!

Yes while it's clearly BS that Iraq "didn't have" WMD's they did... It's is also clear Iran have surpassed medical grade enriched uranium there is only two other possibilities which Iran seeks, Nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons

Well all be caked stupid and liars until they developed the bomb and then it'll be some other excuse

F it.. Let everyone and anyone have a nuke, I want one why can't I have one... Madness, the world has gone mad

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: IseeThroughYourBS

Ignorance DENIED!

Yes while it's clearly BS that Iraq "didn't have" WMD's they did... It's is also clear Iran have surpassed medical grade enriched uranium there is only two other possibilities which Iran seeks, Nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons

Well all be caked stupid and liars until they developed the bomb and then it'll be some other excuse

F it.. Let everyone and anyone have a nuke, I want one why can't I have one... Madness, the world has gone mad

I agree.

"I want one why can't I have one" That's some funny stuff right there!
:

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join