It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Issues Another Nuclear Threat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Foxnews.com is reporting the latest Nuclear threat by North Korea.

Can anyone imagine what would happen if North Korea ever were to make good on their threats to launch a nuclear missile at the United States, and claiming it was a "missile test gone awry" ?

Story and Video link found here: video.foxnews.com...=show-clips
edit on 10-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I love it.

USA invades Iraq and is constantly trying to find a way into Iran at just the slight sniff of WMD's

Yet not only does North Korea flaunt WMD's but threatens people like some bad Rodger Moore era bond villain and that's totally cool.
edit on 10-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I love it.

USA invades Iraq and in constantly trying to find a way into Iran at just the slight sniff of WMD's

Yet not only does North Korea flaunt WMD's but threatens people like some bad Rodger Moore era bond villain and that's totally cool.

North Korea threatening the use of their nuclear missiles is all the more reason for the United States and the entire International Community to keep nuclear missiles out of the hands of other nations' possession or control at all costs, lest somebody decides to shoot one off. One goes off, they all could go off, you know what I'm saying?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

Iraq never had WMD's and Iran likely doesn't either.

USA would have far more credibility and respect if it had gone into North Korea in 2003 and not Iraq!

Plus the USA hardly has the moral high ground when it gets to decide who has nukes or not either!
edit on 10-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Guys me and a couple of friends were literally just talking and laughing about how ridiculous and backwards North Korea runs and how the media hyped up empty threats of a nuclear launch from a man who tells his people THIS.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

China is factored into that as well.
Its not like USA can go and liberate NK without china getting involved.

We got smacked down last time we went up there.
Think Chosin Reservoir, Marines got up north and got surrounded by the chines and had to attack in the other direction to high tail it out of there.
Not retreat, but attacking in a different direction

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Can anyone imagine what would happen if North Korea ever were to make good on their threats to launch a nuclear missile at the United States, and claiming it was a "missile test gone awry" ?
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even if it was shot down before it hit the U.S., there wouldn't be a North Korea anymore. Either China would step in and put an end to Kim Jong Un's regime, or the U.S. will do it for them. The last thing China would want is a nuclear fallout or war on their border. I think China's patience with Kim is wearing thin.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

China is factored into that as well.
Its not like USA can go and liberate NK without china getting involved.

We got smacked down last time we went up there.
Think Chosin Reservoir, Marines got up north and got surrounded by the chines and had to attack in the other direction to high tail it out of there.
Not retreat, but attacking in a different direction

I think china is pretty much through with North Korea. I think they outlived there usefulness ages ago.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As far as I'm aware North Korea don't have a delivery system for a Nuclear device , that's if they have a a viable Nuclear weapon which I'm not convinced they have , any threats from little Kim are just more stuff and nonsense from a petulant child.

edit on 10-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Plus the USA hardly has the moral high ground when it gets to decide who has nukes or not either! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We should be the ones that shouldn't have them, we are the only ones that have used it.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

But it is still at their border, they will take it over before any other country does.
We wouldn't let any one else have mexico or canada.
edit on thSat, 10 May 2014 15:47:55 -0500America/Chicago520145580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSat, 10 May 2014 15:56:48 -0500America/Chicago520144880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

But it is still at there border, they will take it over before any other country does.
We wouldn't let any one else have mexico or canada.

They would likely joint in with the USA under condition a new government is set up that will not be a threat to China and would require US troop to leave after the jobs done.

They certainly would not risk WW3 over them!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I think that conditional government would be hard deal, but not impossible.
As I don't see the USA wanting to leave, when have we ever left?
Well they are getting the US out of okie japan but that took forever.

I agree it is not the powder keg of ww3, but i don't see NK getting liberated anytime soon unless china does it them self's

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Nothing will come of it.

The north Korean state is collapsing, a good percentage of people can pickup phone signal and even wi-fi from the south or China on their black market phones now. The people know how the rest of Korea lives.

The state is posturing out of weakness, trying to appear strong to quell internal dissent.

The situation there will not exist much longer, Kim Jong Un will realise sooner or later unification with the south is the only way forward, and if he can broker a deal with them he can join the global elite as a rich man.

The view of him in history will be changed from the man who continued the oppression of the Korean people, to the man who enabled unification of that great nation.

His legacy will be transformed, and at the end of the day, what does a dictatorial leader want more than an illustrious legacy?
edit on 10-5-2014 by rusblued9217 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Can anyone imagine what would happen if North Korea ever were to make good on their threats to launch a nuclear missile at the United States, and claiming it was a "missile test gone awry" ? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to sure how big a threat he is with his latest launch platform...

He's just trying to stay relevant to the news, as there are more important things out there that involve him or NK.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I love it.

USA invades Iraq and is constantly trying to find a way into Iran at just the slight sniff of WMD's

Actually, I would go more with Austin Powers or a bad version of the Team America puppet movie LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rusblued9217

Interesting if such turns out to happen. I wonder how much the Korean Military keeps its leader in the so called "bubble", and if he is his own man and decision maker. Not much is known about this young, inexperienced and untested North Korean dictator.
He could be a Wild Card of sorts, whether for good or not is another question.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

He is western educated and hence experienced much of his childhood in the west, Switzerland infact.

As any psychiatrist will inform you childhood makes you the person you are.

I believe he is smarter and more informed than many believe.

He operates and exists in a system however of power-cliques and he needs to appease each of these sufficiently, hence acts in ways we perceive as erratic as we have insufficient information.

I think its a question of asymmetric information, from the outside it seems anarchic and mad (because we only have a few of the facts), but I firmly believe he is acting in a rational, logical way from his own perspective.

I think in the long run he wants to unify Korea because if he understands anything about history he must know his regime will collapse sooner or later (probably sooner). Also what an ego booster it would be.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I love it.

Exactly what I was gonna say! I guess there isn't any good natural resources there. Well that and NK isn't in Israels way

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Assuming said missile actually manages to launch and reach its target without destroying itself or being intercepted I imagine North Korea would glow in the dark for the next few hundred years soon after.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join