It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA uses Nigerian girls’ abduction to promote itself and slam ‘Pajama Boy’ liberals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh thank science for the NRA.

Who else could remind us that the only people worth sending or who are going to 'want' to go save 200 girls are the big burly, conservative members of the NRA.

*facepalm*

Source

In a talk with his guest Katie Pavlich of Fox News, Edwards said, “I would go one step further and say that, you know, when [Nigerians] ask the U.S. for help, we don’t send Pajama Boy to do the job, Katie.”

Followed by:

“There are a lot of guys who look like — who look like they just came from the NRA annual meeting, frankly, who will be going over there and trying to rescue those girls,” said Edwards.

Pathetic.

The NRA consistently uses tragedies ( using a quote from Rahm Emannual I would think) to push their agenda. Quite frankly it's sickening.

Obviously this happens with organizations on both sides of the spectrum as well. What I think is more ridiculous is that the media goons that were interviewing him allowed him to say these things unchallenged.

As a news caster, or a journalist, which is what you should be if you do this sort of thing, you have a responsibility to call people on their BS.

But I guess as always, Cam & C) aren't interested in any kind of news. Just opinionated hyperbole.

~Tenth

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree that both sides of the issue use any such tragedy to further their respective view. NRA uses this, Gun grabbers use Sandy Hook, etc. Pelosi says guns cause the problem, NRA says people cause the problem. Ad infinitum.

Personally, I am a lifetime member of the NRA but do not always agree with their public personae. The media contributes to the hysteria regardless of which side of the fence is ranting. Pitiful.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well considering gun control advocates use tragedies to further their agenda; I can only call it fair.

No one should do it. It sucks.

The problem is we are too damned lazy to think for ourselves. It takes emotional shock sometimes to wake people the hell up to what is going on around them.

It is sickening. Just like the world we live in.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"Never let an opportunity go to waste" works for all sides, pretty low tactic though (if that's what it is) but I do have to agree that "pajama boys" won't be much use in this situation. If there are people who want to help and can, they should - it's apparent that the Nigerian Govt. can't. The NRA mouthpieces can take note however: some reports are saying the Marines have found the location of the girls.
edit on 10-5-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Personally, I am a lifetime member of the NRA but do not always agree with their public personae. The media contributes to the hysteria regardless of which side of the fence is ranting. Pitiful.

It's nice to meet an NRA member that doesn't fall into that classic mold. Thank you for that.

I have no issues with the NRA as a group really. Gun culture is big, makes sense that you would have a lobby group for that.

~Tenth

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If the leaders of the NRA - and especially Wayne LaPierre - want to go to Nigeria and get those girls back then who are we to stop them? Off you go lads - do a proper job and don't come back until you've finished the mission!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Even though I am an NRA member, I am still my own person. Retired military, retired airline pilot, forever my own person. I may be part of an organization but they will never dictate my actions or thoughts.

It is wonderful news that the USMC may have located the girls, they sure can take care of business. I am a retired Army Ranger, but give credit where credit is due.

If the Corps does not act, I am sure there are many who would volunteer to go and stay until business is finished.

EDIT: Hell, if I was not so old and 100% disabled (thanks Agent Orange) I would go in a heartbeat. As is, I can only watch from the sidelines and wish whoever goes into the fray the best of luck.

The Best to you - Rock
edit on 5101414 by rockflier because: idiot spelling

edit on 5101414 by rockflier because: Added comment

edit on 5101414 by rockflier because: spelling

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Too late....the Marines came to the rescue already while the pajama boys were masterbating down at NSA.....

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The first part of the statement I kinda agree with. The Pajama Boy thing was seriously wussy. We send armed Marines .. not Pajama Boys ... to get the hard and dangerous jobs done. That's just the truth of the matter. We send real men ... trained with guns . Sometimes it's just what you have to do and the Pajama Boys of the world can't cut it.

The second part was really dumb. It sounded really cowboy and impossible. A bunch of armed Americans grabbing their guns and whooping it up on an airplane over to Nigeria to kick bad-guy butt.

Don't get me wrong. I ADORE the American Cowboy and all that goes with him .. the rugged guys who can take care of themselves and their families and 'get the job done' ... (TMI?? Maybe
It's a girl thing, I admit I dig the American cowboy ) ... but that second part you quoted, tothetenthpower, about going from the NRA meeting over to Nigeria to rescue people ... that was just came across as a bunch of untrained guys who may have a good intention but who couldn't possibly do what they were chatting-up. It looked rather silly. IMHO.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I see where the USMC located the girls in a forest and arrested 2 men. Have they recovered the girls yet? Good going on the part of the USMC.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Flyers, there are a great many retired military, including me, who are NRA members. Many of us combat trained and tested. I would imagine that a sufficient number of tried and true combat veterans would have made the trip. Not the party boys or drug store cowboy types.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

I get that, but us Veterans (and I am one) have been 'out of the game' for a while. To go on missions like Nigeria it would take some serious training .. up to date training .. ya' know? My husband and I are veterans and we still remember our training, but we have to admit we are very rusty with it and we are out of shape. It's best to leave these thing to those who are still in the service. IMHO. They are less likely to get killed, and less likely to incur collateral damage.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I totally agree. I commented that IF our troops would not go, then an option would be what was proposed. Never as first option, but an option nonetheless. Even a poor showing would be better than no showing.

Thanks to you and your husband for your service.

new topics

join