It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triple-Amputee Iraqi War Hero’s Letter Shames the President of the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
the troops are committing suicide in record numbers
attempting suicide in record numbers and
getting raped by other servicemen everyday....in record numbers

while some corporations are getting rich in record numbers
as are the terrorists the troops are fighting which are paid and armed
by the same government thats paying the troops

its OK though its bipartisan...Obama is only todays face
say, why didn't Obama join the military?

oh yeh:
NO ID
edit on Tueam5b20145America/Chicago46 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
a reply to: nighthawk1954

How long till the IRS pull a 10 year audit On this guy Then the Vet benefits get lost in red tape.

Don't you mean how long before Obama direct the IRS to...?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Its ironic, but if Romney had won, the same letter could have easily applied to him. This guy was one of the 47 percent that Romney called a "freeloader". I feel for the man and commend his service to the country, but I dont think Obama falls under the label of elite.

So what do you call the 47 percent that don't work, pay taxes, and do nothing but take? Does leech sound better than freeloader?
edit on 5/13/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This guy is an idiot. Iraq was W Bushs agenda, not America's. If we would of stayed there MORE Americans would be dead.

And his moron ass fails to realize that Obama got scholarships to all of his schools, aka hardwork, aka meritocracy, aka "the American way".

The worst part was to read the comments section chock full of pasty white idiots who repeat the same mindless drivel. Conservatism has turned into a cult divided; the smart Corporatists who play the pasty idiots against their own interests and the pasty idiots who lack basic cognition

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge
This guy is an idiot. Iraq was W Bushs agenda, not America's. If we would of stayed there MORE Americans would be dead.

And his moron ass fails to realize that Obama got scholarships to all of his schools, aka hardwork, aka meritocracy, aka "the American way".

The worst part was to read the comments section chock full of pasty white idiots who repeat the same mindless drivel. Conservatism has turned into a cult divided; the smart Corporatists who play the pasty idiots against their own interests and the pasty idiots who lack basic cognition

Politics killed that America long ago.

I'm giving out free hugs today if you want one.

Signed,
A "pasty" mf.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Legally he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

While I was in Iraq, our mission was to liberate the Iraqi citizens from a tyrant and that’s what we did. Never forget; it was your people who sent us there, like the Clintons, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi & Carl Levin. However, since the day you busted onto the scene you’ve been talking about ending the war and pulling the troops out, not understanding the blood sweat and tears that so many Americans and Iraqi’s invested.

Sad story, but this part and his attack is completely fabricated...

I believe it is pretty much common knowledge who started war in Iraq, even there was no link to terrorism. Come on, that was not hundred years ago, it was just recently, president before Obama, the one who had 'mission accomplished jr.' and tried to do better than his daddy...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'd much rather we have a VETERAN serve and act as President.

At least there would be a greater sense of HONOR, RESPONSIBILITY and would more than likely act more STATESMANLIKE than a spoiled, divisive child who currently ISN'T doing his job.

BTW, not all scholarships are earned. Some are given based on other factors...so before you say he used his brain, we must first find out what kind of scholarship it was....

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

At least there would be a greater sense of HONOR, RESPONSIBILITY and would more than likely act more STATESMANLIKE than a spoiled, divisive child who currently ISN'T doing his job.

BTW, not all scholarships are earned. Some are given based on other factors...so before you say he used his brain, we must first find out what kind of scholarship it was....

Sure,

here goes my vote for Oliver Stone for president!!!

Hope you watched or have read his 'Untold History of US".

What a great idea... especially after OP example where veteran does not even remember who started the war...

ps. somehow I doubt we have the same kind of veterans in mind for 'the job'.
edit on 15-5-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Seems that he has hit it squarely on the head.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Too bad we really will never know exactly how 0bama came about receiving said "scholarship".

Was it for his fantastic abilities in sports???? Golf maybe? Bicycle riding?

Or for his drug consumption as a youth? A scholarship for pot smoking maybe?

Or was it a scholarship for non-white howlies?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Clearly this vet needs to fire his right wing propagandist writers... what do they think this is, script for fox news?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

Sure,

here goes my vote for Oliver Stone for president!!!

Hope you watched or have read his 'Untold History of US".

What a great idea... especially after OP example where veteran does not even remember who started the war...

ps. somehow I doubt we have the same kind of veterans in mind for 'the job'.

I never mentioned either of them - making a statement and call for people who could act in a statesmanlike manner and take the role and responsibility SERIOUSLY.

I'd say for the most part, veterans have more sense of duty than our current 'bench warmer' in the WH. Just sayin' it like I see it.

We don't need politicians, we need statesmen.

edit on 15-5-2014 by BlackboxInquiry because: Moved text

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm not so sure about this letter. The solider brings up some good points, but its marred in fallacies and emotional appeals tied to him being a disabled vet. For instance, why does the soldier proclaim that he signed up to serve his country then talks about our efforts in Iraq. Why? What business did our military have in Iraq to begin with? He mentions how his mission was to liberate the Iraqi civilians while overseas. That is great, but that mission ended in a few months after we got there in 2003. After that, we were just there as a foreign police force. We weren't liberating anything. So while he may have been liberating Iraqis the first go around (I don't know the date of his first deployment), his second deployment didn't involve liberating anything since Iraq was already liberated. He also seems to suggest that Obama was responsible for us being in Iraq as well. That isn't true, it was mostly the Republicans who pushed for this. Sure some Democrats (who may still be in office) voted for it too, but this war was all the Republicans' baby. Don't lay that at Obama's feet. Give credit where due.

I would know. I TOO was in Iraq in 2006 and the mission had nothing to do with liberating anything. We just drove trucks up and down the main highway and stayed vigilant for IEDs.

For a soldier who speaks about serving his country, he sounds like he doesn't know what it means to serve your country. Sure he has demonstrated he can follow orders and go overseas and destabilize a foreign country to install "democracy" instead, but nothing he has said convinces me he knows what serving his country is. Serving our country is a defensive practice, not an aggressive one.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this guy. Best of luck to him for his injuries though.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join