It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triple-Amputee Iraqi War Hero’s Letter Shames the President of the United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Senior Airman Brian Kolfage is a United States hero. He is a triple-amputee veteran of the War in Iraq who has surpassed all odds and made the most incredible recovery of any veteran to ever survive his injuries. He is a patriot – the kind of man you want your son to grow up to be. This is his letter to Obama on Presidents Day.

www.ijreview.com...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Holy smokes, that was a powerful letter.

I can't even imagine what that man has been through and I guess I will just say "thank you". Shame on you Mr. Obama.

ETA:

And with complete disregard for every life sacrificed, every limb lost, and every broken family, you bailed on our mission to pursue an agenda that was completely centered on your re-election in 2012. If you didn’t bail on Iraq you were worried that you may not get reelected and that’s a fact.

Powerful stuff.

edit on 2014/5/10 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This was posted quite a while back after he first wrote the letter. The guy knows zero about Obama's past this sentence shows his ignorance.

You were one of the elitist children in Hawaii.

The school that Obama went to he received a scholarship to go there. So shame on Obama for using his brain to get into a good school. He grew up in a single parent household and was poor. The guy sounds like Rush Limbaugh on repeat.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
He begged to be redeployed and this happens on that deployment.

And still somehow he refuses to be a victim. Imagine that.

They're ALL heroes in my book. God bless our troops.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
This was posted quite a while back after he first wrote the letter. The guy knows zero about Obama's past this sentence shows his ignorance.

You were one of the elitist children in Hawaii.

The school that Obama went to he received a scholarship to go there. So shame on Obama for using his brain to get into a good school. He grew up in a single parent household and was poor. The guy sounds like Rush Limbaugh on repeat.

your right...this guy fails to mention how many more Americans would have been killed, or maimed as he was, IF Obama didn't pull our troops out of Iraq.....funny how he doesn't mention that. I hope this vet gets the help he needs, I know some vets from the Vietnam war (my generation) that hold the same bitterness.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't know about any of you, but I certainly wouldn't want my son to become a soldier in the US army.
A propagator of a ridiculously bad and incoherent foreign policy

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

They're ALL heroes in my book. God bless our troops.

They are a victim of politics. A tool of the elites just doing their dirty work.

Glorified so that people believe what they are doing is honourable and not completely fcked up.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

all these yrs,I thought GW got us into that war....shame on Obama!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

How long till the IRS pull a 10 year audit On this guy Then the Vet benefits get lost in red tape.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Except that we were not fighting a war to free oppressed Iraqi citizens. We were fighting a war to make corporations and their Congressional shareholders rich beyond their wildest dreams.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The school that Obama went to he received a scholarship to go there. So shame on Obama for using his brain to get into a good school. He grew up in a single parent household and was poor.

It just seems preposterous to whine about a kid going to an expensive private school either way. Like they have a choice. And if they did, why wouldn't you want to take advantage of that opportunity? It's a bad deal that not everyone receives the same level of education, but I don't begrudge those that can afford better. If anything be mad at the people who refuse to allow taxes to be raised.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Senior Airman Brian Kolfage is a United States hero. He is a triple-amputee veteran of the War in Iraq who has surpassed all odds and made the most incredible recovery of any veteran to ever survive his injuries. He is a patriot – the kind of man you want your son to grow up to be. This is his letter to Obama on Presidents Day.

www.ijreview.com...

I saw many fallacies in the letter, if it is truly an authentic piece and not some altruistic patriotic propaganda about freeing oppressed Iraqis. In any event, Senior Airman Brian Kolfage doesn't seem to understand the inner workings of the great political machine. We bailed from the Iraq war because our forces were overwhelmed by Iraqi resistance. It was too long and too costly, and the Iraqi government refused to sign over the oil fields to Mobile Oil for the next thirty years. Iraqi oil isn't going to pay for war after all. US soldiers are mercenaries for the big oil consortium.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Guy wasn't drafted.
He signed up to be a killer.
Now he is Anikin Skywalker.
Don't feel sorry.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Guy wasn't drafted.
He signed up to be a killer.
Now he is Anikin Skywalker.
Don't feel sorry.

Well...I would bet he still has a "set".

He fought his war without a keyboard.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder

Except that we were not fighting a war to free oppressed Iraqi citizens. We were fighting a war to make corporations and their Congressional shareholders rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Right - I'm amazed that this plain and simple fact gets lost in the xenophobia of "true American heroisms".

We went to war on a pack of lies to depose a leader of a foreign sovereign power, killed millions of Iraqis, so that corporations and friends of politicians could steal all of their oil to pay for the war, the cost of rebuilding everything we destroyed, and the other "services" we have provided them.

Still, Tony Blair did alright out of it, he's made a few tens of millions of Dollars.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Awesome, I wish he touched on the another hero being treated as the enemy...Snowden. Perhaps IRS or NSA, all the rights and freedoms being robbed from the American people. Very rarely does a letter like this get to see the light of day.
Anyway, I love the letter.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Its ironic, but if Romney had won, the same letter could have easily applied to him. This guy was one of the 47 percent that Romney called a "freeloader". I feel for the man and commend his service to the country, but I dont think Obama falls under the label of elite.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I couldn’t have said it better. That was beautiful. God bless him.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
He signed on to protect Americans' right to freedom of speech. He certainly didn't do it for the glory pay. He paid his dues. I will not deprive him of the right to express himself. In fact, I'd be honored to step up to protect his right to openly speak his heart and mind. You might agree or disagree with his viewpoint... that's alright. He fought for your right to do so too.

I salute you soldier. Thank you for your service. Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Iraq was a massive grab for oil by the rich. Involvement in it is nothing to be proud of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join