It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Atheists Failed to Show Words 'Under God' Harmed Their Children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

You would be surprised. But you did say to either have all religions in schools, or take all religions out. And I was saying that to do so would affect more than just the pledge.

Well that's what I mean, having all religion in schools would just be chaotic and there would not be enough time in the school day or school year to properly teach all the religions. Therefore it is unfeasible. Therefore the only option left is NO religion in school (except for educational purposes).

...Then there would still be religion in school. For educational purposes. And as long as that is the case, good luck getting God out of the pledge.

Why? There is a clear distinction here. Religion in schools for educational purposes lets the children learn about various religions without the pressure to convert or be brainwashed into mindlessly believing in it. God in the pledge is honoring a specific deity from a specific religion by name checking him in a loyalty oath (I have problems with the pledge in general actually. Children shouldn't be mindlessly swearing an oath to a country they barely understand, but let's start small here), which kind of converts the pledge into a prayer. It's a whole different story.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I know. I just wanted to see if you understood.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You would be surprised. But you did say to either have all religions in schools, or take all religions out. And I was saying that to do so would affect more than just the pledge.

Well that's what I mean, having all religion in schools would just be chaotic and there would not be enough time in the school day or school year to properly teach all the religions. Therefore it is unfeasible. Therefore the only option left is NO religion in school (except for educational purposes).

...Then there would still be religion in school. For educational purposes. And as long as that is the case, good luck getting God out of the pledge.

Why? There is a clear distinction here. Religion in schools for educational purposes lets the children learn about various religions without the pressure to convert or be brainwashed into mindlessly believing in it. God in the pledge is honoring a specific deity from a specific religion by name checking him in a loyalty oath (I have problems with the pledge in general actually. Children shouldn't be mindlessly swearing an oath to a country they barely understand, but let's start small here), which kind of converts the pledge into a prayer. It's a whole different story.

yeah, let them wounder how they lives would be in france.

or china.

maybe you don't have a problem they are adopted by 2 gays and you are still alive.

that might be stretching it but you expound open borders when there is none?

what if you are raising some kim jung un's?

"dad! i want my own country!!!"

"i want it now!!!"

"we live in the USA and you can do and be whatever you want!!!"
edit on 31323251031pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

edit on 31463351031pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

yeah, let them wounder how they lives would be in france.

or china.

maybe you don't have a problem they are adopted by 2 gays and you are still alive.

that might be stretching it but you expound open borders when there is none?

what if you are raising some kim jung un's?

"dad! i want my own country!!!"

"i want it now!!!"

"we live in the USA and you can do and be whatever you want!!!"

What? That is extrapolating quite a bit. I never argued for anarchism or anything. We still have laws and many of the good ones involve not harming another person. So I'm not sure what you are going on about.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join