It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chibok: American Marines locate abducted girls in Sambisa forest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have yet to find confirming sources, Hopefully for the sake of those girls this is real, but lets hold out for confirmation before getting our hopes up.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wonder where this story came from? There are indeed 20 Marines in Nigeria but, they are not a part of the search they are there training the NIgerians. The US team that was sent for the search is 10 people with only a few being military personel, they are not SF or HRT. So if at some point they find the location of the girls Nigeria would have to request additional US forces if the did not want to do it themselves.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I hope so, but why would they announce they spotted them and are in waiting?

Seems rather silly to alert the Boko buffoons of their presence. Not that I don't have the utmost respect and belief in our Marines but isn't a surprise sneak attack more deadly than shouting "hey we are here".

I hope those poor girls get saved.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was reading a few days ago that some of the girls had already been sold for mariage, heres hoping there all safe and sound.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Amazing...isn't it??? And they can't find a plane. Hmmmmmmmm. Interesting, don't you think?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Amazing! Even before any actual research is made to attribute fact to the article, we already have American posters congratulating American marines for a job well done!

How about we all wait until the information is absolutely confirmed before we start patting our own compatriots on the back. It is, after all, an 'inter-agency' effort! According to some British media, the real 'search' is being conducted by the best 'special forces' in the world, ideally trained for this sort of rescue...and that is the SAS and SBS.

Again, we have take what is spoon fed us through the media with a pinch of salt. Goodluck Johnathan is a hell of a lot of trees short of a full jungle, having had ample time to secure the schools before Boko Haram attacked and kidnapped the girls, but the army did not fancy the fight, and then did nothing for weeks until Nigerian people kicked up a fuss. So, Johnathan will now milk this for all it's worth. The article is bull#!

the british media would of course call their special forces "The best"

theirs lots of special forces around the world but when it comes down to it theres not a single person id rather have on my side of the flashpoint more then a recon marine or marine special forces. they make @$@!! happen with next to nothing.

if the marines had their own satellites and other high dollar assets that the other branches have then watch out @#$Heads cause its gonna be ugly lol. the cumulous of my reading on different military subjects leads me to believe (tho i dont have exact figures before me) that the marines get left with the scraps more often then not and then fashion these scraps into implements of awesomeness.

they are starting to finally get some nice new toys but not many, not enough. maybe this will be some nice press for them to leverage some funding?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

see thats more what i would expect is react with "advisors" or other white collars that aren't really going to resolve anything (See Iraq and Afghanistan)

found this link from a few days ago

Normal US reaction

reddit is on the same page as us over here. buncha people giving high fives in-between the people calling BS. no clear answer yet.
edit on 10-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: missed a few words

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But the info has already been compromised. The POTUS came out right away when Bin Laden was killed and more intelligence assets were used for that OP. This might be a hoax or a mistake on the "journalist's" part. But, you never know.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Latest from vanguard sets date for rescue operation May 27th

??

whys this turning into a christian vs muslim thing? this boko leader got Mr. smith chirping in his ear? publicly crusading against Christians is gonna get this guy into a world of hurt. when can a private party step in and handle this? like some rich person hire Halliburton to to go burn em out or something lol?

this whole situation is just RIPE with trigger words and emotionally stirring aspects.
edit on 10-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: clarity.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I hope it's true but I'm seeing nothing of this on the MSM.

Last we heard, the kidnapped girls were split into separate groups and were herded into the jungle with the kidnappers. So did the Marines rescue one of the many groups or all of them or ????

Perhaps this information wasn't supposed to come out yet. Perhaps the operation is still ongoing because there are many groups of girls now spread out in the jungles.

Again .. I hope this information is true, and I hope the operation is complete and not 'in process'.

Still nothing on the news .....

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
www.vanguardngr.com... (op's link) i dont think they rescued them yet just that they aparently know the location of some of the kids and the leader

There were indications yesterday that the 230 female students abducted by Boko Haram terrorists from the Government Girls’ Secondary School, GGSS, Chibok, Borno State, have been sited at the Sambisa Forest in Borno State, by the Special Forces of the United States Marines. -
sited not rescued sadly but it does seem they arrested the leader at a separate site by tracking his cell phone

www.vanguardngr.com...

www.vanguardngr.com... info on the forest where the rebels are hiding

elombah.com... guess they blew up a bridge and kidnapped some more people about 45 minutes ago

edit on 10-5-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
Well ... it looks like they are working on it anyways. That's good news.

I feel so bad for those girls and their families. Seriously .... I can't imagine their pain ....

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

The S.A.S have been sent to Nigeria.

Watch this space.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Giditraffic twitter

thats an affrican traffic sites twitter that has a side by side and the pic is from a different event all together.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Watch this space.

o im not bagging on them boys at all. they pretty well invented the modern special forces as we know it today. id still put my money on a handful of recon marines. you can bet the SAS would get the job done too but we will be hearing about them in the next couple weeks.

my marine posturing was all built on the idea that this was over and resolved already but its not its got plenty of time to still either go bad or be resolved slowly like usual. the marines are still your best bang for the buck IMO. recon marines are like the 1997 chevy truck of the special forces world, they cost half as much are twice as ugly and will run 4 times further and harder then anything else

edit on 10-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: wording

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

originally posted by: alldaylong

Watch this space.

o im not bagging on them boys at all. they pretty well invented the modern special forces as we know it today. id still put my money on a handful of recon marines. you can bet the SAS would get the job done too but we will be hearing about them in the next couple weeks.

my marine posturing was all built on the idea that this was over and resolved already but its not its got plenty of time to still either go bad or be resolved slowly like usual. the marines are still your best bang for the buck IMO. recon marines are like the 1997 chevy truck of the special forces world, they cost half as much are twice as ugly and will run 4 times further then anything else

If you are interested in the history of Special Service operations, you may find this educational.

en.wikipedia.org...

The S.A.S. came about through the formation of The Long Range Desert Group in North Africa in 1940. The L.R.D.G. where really the very first Special Service Operatives.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I hope this is true for the sake of the children.
It must be gratifying for these soldiers to fight for a just, unambiguous cause for a change. Good for them.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

i am very much interested in all things special forces. all things adversarial and espionage very much intrigue me. the brits have a long and storied history of spies and espionage. I'm a direct descendant of the Original 007 myself, i grew up just obsessed with the bond series (i learned later of the relation) i gotta wonder tho in all of WW1 and before there was never a unit that fancied itself a "special operations"? i get what their saying with the LRDG being like todays modern tip of the spear recon and intel guys but idk if they can claim to be the birthplace of special forces can they? either way these guys put a hurting on rommel from what I'm seeing and everything I've read about rommel says he was one not to EFF with lol.

back on topic*

so the SAS is there the marines are there the french are sending in 3000 troops? who else? why does it need to be a Neapolitan effort? why cant one group just go do what they do best?

it seems to me that this would cause all kinds of issues with intel and execution.

also is there any law against a private person or corporation hiring a contractor to go down there and handle this?
edit on 10-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: hit enter to quick

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Marines, Fleet Marine Force, FMF, Recon. At Camp Lejeune, NC, long ago a Recon told us they train to go on a mission with only a K-Bar, a good knife. A man with a knife don't get ideas about being some kinda hero, and gets back with the intelligence, he was sent to get. Heartbreak Ridge seems close to real. Off duty or just in garrison, Recons tended to be a bit loose. Put into a situation, and they are red meat eating, heart ripping mothers. Yeah, often the Marine Corps gets the slop of the Army and Air Force, but always make it good to go. The F4, Phantom II was a Navy-Marine Corps-Air Force project and the Air Force got upset about not getting its way. Naval aircraft need special air frames and tail hooks, and any Naval Aviator, pilot, will tell you he prefers two engines. One engine makes finding a landing place kind of hard a thousand miles out to sea, when that engine packs it up. I have been told by both sides, Army and Marines, that the Army Cav units get respect from Marines. To bad, the Army needs more grunts to keep its Generals employed.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is all well and good but how about SAVING THEM!

They have been found but NOT RESCUED!

Why would they say what they know ahead of time??????

I bet these girls are killed in the next 24 hours if they are not rescued...

Stop parading bad guys for prestige and save them kids!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join