It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Don't Vaccinate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

As to vaccination being around for much longer then big pharma, no arguement. I am not even anti vaccination, as I believe it to have merit. However the companies in charge of making this forced injection upon the population are to be viewed with suspicion to say the least.

True enough; the big pharmaceutical companies are businesses first and will always need regulation. Much of their morality may even have been forged in the court of public disapproval and costly litigation. Between those pressures and the emergence of cheaper generics, they've got to work smarter for profits.

Still, the alternatives that are championed by some aren't realistic and actually pose a risk to the security of the planet. Infrastructures fracture when populations suffer from diseases and, whilst we're all so interconnected these days, an butterfly epidemic in China can cause a storm elsewhere. People in Pakistan travel as much as anyone else does and that polio could be working in a shop near any of us within 24 hours of getting on a plane.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
It's as if some members would like to gamble the human populations against their belief that disease is an invention to somehow depopulate the world. If vaccinations were suspended for a generation, they'd be startled by how rapidly populations would decline as cholera, typhoid and tuberculosis would really appreciate this new 'global village.' Bad news travels fast as they say.

Polio is just a plane-ticket away from cheerful conspiracy theorists riding high on their belief that vaccinations are a con. Better wash those hands fellas!

Vaccinations to control or eradicate diseases have been around for 200 years before the 20th Century so the folk who believe 'Big Pharma' have invented diseases and/or vaccinations are flat wrong (again). Likewise, when smallpox spread to the Americas, it wasn't resisted by happy thoughts, natural diets or by avoiding urban living. It cut right through people who'd never been vaccinated, led agricultural life-styles and used herbal remedies.

The major vaccine-preventable diseases (tables 1 and 2) don't read the news. They don't care about Presidents, religious beliefs or whether Smithkline CEOs can afford that new private jet with the jacuzzi.

No point arguing with the anti vaccine crowed.

You cant fix stupid.

These are likely the same people that stop there anti biotic treatment after a couple of days cause they feel better then wonder why they get ill again.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Baxter admitted flu product contained live bird flu virus in 2009

Read more: www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Have you read that link? It is not talking about flu vaccine. What is the relevance to this thread?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Vaccines absolutely do work - and there are some problems with some vaccines.

I'm surprised that by page 4 nobody has brought up a huge contributor to the problems in Pakistan in particular. The CIA used a fake vaccination drive to get DNA from Bin Laden's family that led to revealing where he was hiding. Ever since this event, vaccination programs in Pakistan have been associated with the United States and efforts to undermine their sovereignty.

Not passing judgement either way - but I am really stunned that people both in this thread, and the media in general don't remember such a recent event that has contributed to the re-emergence of polio in Pakistan and other countries with a large fundamentalist Muslim population.

Source here, here and here.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Snappahead because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2014 by Snappahead because: grammar, spelling

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48
Did you miss this in 2009?

Baxter flu vaccines contaminated with H5N1 – otherwise known as the human form of avian flu, one of the most deadly biological weapons on earth with a 60% kill rate – were received by labs in the Czech Republic, Germany, and Slovenia.
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Look at the Taliban from the OP. A religiously-dogmatic group that distrusts modern science and opposes education. Hmmmm. What type of thinking does that remind you of?

Those who are against science and think the world's ills are cured with prayer should have a little look at Northern Pakistan - that's the future that's waiting should their prayers ever be answered.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: crazyewok

Look at the Taliban from the OP. A religiously-dogmatic group that distrusts modern science and opposes education. Hmmmm. What type of thinking does that remind you of?

Those who are against science and think the world's ills are cured with prayer should have a little look at Northern Pakistan - that's the future that's waiting should their prayers ever be answered.

Europe all ready had a era of that called the medieval ages. Look what happened one of the worst plagues in history and nearly a third of Europe dead.

woo woo new age magic is no substitute for medical science,.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Wrong. That is about THE SAME INCIDENT! Stop using links which distort the truth. Prisonplanet.com? Seriously? Have you even read the crazy stuff in that link?

There can be little doubt therefore that this was a deliberate attempt to weaponize the H5N1 virus to its most potent extreme and distribute it via conventional flu vaccines to the population who would then infect others to a devastating degree as the disease went airborne.

If the implications of anti-vax were not so scary it would be comical! How can you read this stuff and not have your BS meter go to 11?

Baxter supplied flu material to labs which make vaccines. The material was contaminated and this was discovered in testing. That is why vaccines are tested before being given to humans. Repeat: NO HUMANS WERE EXPOSED TO CONTAMINATED FLU VACCINE.

You seem to be taking isolated instances of contamination and trying to create some kind of conspiracy. Or rather, borrowing Alex Jones's crazed ramblings.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Snappahead

That's a very interesting post

Bin Laden wasn't in the Wasiristan area where they organised the fake vaccinations; he was based in Abbotabad in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. That association doesn't look very good but raises the question of whether the Abbotabad saw any incidents of disease as an outcome of the fake vaccinations. It's reputedly a well-run place and vaccinations were probably done as soon as they knew the others hadn't been effectively introduced.

Nevertheless, the morality and ethics of failing to vaccinate people for a political goal is just nasty.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The fake vaccination scheme was a monstrously stupid idea. Hijacking public health programmes for political ends is guaranteed to backfire badly. The anti-vax movement doesn't need any more fuel for the conspiracy fire.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Snappahead
Wow, that is amazing! Should we trust 'modern science'?
I personally would not want my finger prints taken without my permission let alone my DNA.
Thank you for drawing my attention to alternative agendas behind vaccination. No wonder they don't want to be vaccinated in Pakistan.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What does a covert CIA program have to do with "modern science"? Like I said, it was a dumb idea, like most US "intelligence" ideas. But it doesn't invalidate the benefits of genuine vaccination.

In fact it illustrates exactly the reverse: how, when vaccination is rejected due to fears over the motives behind it, disease quickly re-establishes a foothold. That is why it is an astonishingly stupid idea to co-opt vaccination for nefarious purposes.

And are you going to acknowledge that the Alex Jones article you posted about Baxter was complete twaddle?

edit on 11-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
And are you going to acknowledge that the Alex Jones article you posted about Baxter was complete twaddle?

No because Baxter did make what they admitted was an huge 'error'.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

And are you unaware of the difference between "a huge error" and "a deliberate attempt to weaponize the H5N1 virus to its most potent extreme"?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

And are you unaware of the difference between "a huge error" and "a deliberate attempt to weaponize the H5N1 virus to its most potent extreme"?

I can't remember saying or implying that it was 'a deliberate attempt to weaponize the H5N1 virus to its most potent extreme'.
All I am pointing out is that vaccines are not always as safe as one might think.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You linked to an article saying exactly that. Where do you think I took that quote from?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You linked to an article saying exactly that. Where do you think I took that quote from?

I linked an article to show that there was an error by Baxter in vaccine production - to show there can be problems with vaccines.
I am not saying that vaccines are made to kill people on purpose and I did not say that the production of the original polio vaccine was made to produce AIDS but solutions very often cause more problems.
It is always good to see the bigger picture.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And I quite accept that mistakes happen. But the "bigger picture" is that vaccines have done vastly more good than harm, and those who spread scare stories and conspiracy theories about them risk doing enormous harm to public health.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: luciddream

Right, because any vaccinated infants made an informed choice and decided it for themselves. Damn hypocrites lol.

I guess i should have put it in layman's term(then again, that wont help if people are biased as heck).

What i meant was that they are benefiting from immunity while attacking whatever gave them that.

Like one of those welfare takers that support the political party that want welfare banned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join