It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We don't make the laws, we only enforce them"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Where, oh where, did I say we're all supposed to STFU? Even those of you who disagree with me?

But when all that is done is cry about it, instead of trying to fix it, it does get a little old.

They, the cops, are the watchers hired by society to protect us from elements within that society that choose to not play/live by the rules that society deems necessary... Our job as members of that society is to watch those watchers to make sure they don't overstep the limits of reasonable enforcement.

Last I heard, society can change those rules as it deems necessary. At least in a country, whichever one it might be, that has a reasonably free republican/democratic form of govt.

It's a tough job. ...and it's only going to get tougher as we let them, not just some elements of police, but their masters as well; get away with stuff.

It's not enough to complain about it here on ATS.

It's not just enough to vote the rascals out. Though that is certainly useful...

The grassroots work of local involvement in watching the watchers... Most, or many anyway, municipalities have civilian councils whose mandate is to watch the police. They can be surprisingly effective if properly motivated. Politicians tend to listen to voters who are angry enough to be heard, and numerous enough to be noticed.

If your area doesn't have one, start one. In areas with corruption, you may face harassment, or worse... It definitely won't be a lot of fun. But...

It can be done, if enough people are willing to get dirty, and go in harms way, if only metaphorically.

Those are the choices as I see it.

Do nothing but complain here, or in other places. Which will accomplish little or nothing.

Or...

Get busy and make a noise in the real world, by working at it.

Nothing will change unless we are willing to change it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Long story short: show up to City Council and County Commissioner meetings (or whatever similar local functions you have) and start making some noise.

You don't have to piss and moan, action can be taken. And it doesn't have to be aggressive. Is work involved? Yup. Anything worth having takes effort.

And for the more self serving: you can be hailed a hero in your local community for making a difference.

This approach mirrors my own viewpoints. I have a more anarchistic political viewpoint, and this really requires that action/efforts be focused on local measures. This is where the rubber meets the road. Its likely a better use of time than arguing with paid shills and AI bots on the internet about national politics.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Testify!!

Make noise. If ignored? Make more noise. Bring friends to make noise... Repeat until they listen to you.

Doing something of this nature won't be easy, hell, it may not be particularly safe in some areas...

But if we want changes to be made for the better? Guess what, safety may have to take a back seat to action...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Sorry it took so long to respond...

It took forever to find the post... Link below.

My cop problem...

I was sharing a computer with my sister at the time...and forgot to log her out... That's me.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I would rather see what happened here happen to ALL of them. For being a TRAITOR to the spirit of the Constitution, A BACKSTABBING SCUMBAG to all our ancestors who died fighting for freedom.

being a traitor to a free republic, being a cog in the wheel of tyranny, the penalty should be DEATH.

no knock cop shot dies

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Where, oh where, did I say we're all supposed to STFU? Even those of you who disagree with me?

No where and I never claimed you did say that.

My good man, lets cut to the chase and realize we are of
the divided, in the most extreme of ways. That being, one
side that still holds the present, in what the other side has
accepted to be a bygone era. A time further in the past than
what most people deem possible, in such a short expanse of
actual time.

And I suggest to you Mr. the times, they are a change'n. And
we are in deep doo doo. I mean I'm almost insulted by your 20th
century answers, to corruption that lives in the here and now.
Voting never worked, at least not to a point anyone
should ever think it did. So one side has to wait for the anchor,
that is the other side to catch up. Guess which side that is?
And that's just so we're no longer divided. Then we still have
to agree ( once you see your suggestions are obsolete ) on a
course of action. And it won't be your suggested action of
leaving your couch for ten minutes to run around the corner
and hide behind a curtain and push some G-D buttons. I
promise you the day, when you see how ridiculous that really
is.

Still waiting.

Respectfully

I gotta run now, my government's collapsing.

But if we want changes to be made for the better? Guess what, safety may have to take a back seat to action...

You still have a long road ahead of you, but you will get there.

An example of just how far behind you are. From 2009

edit on Rpm51214v31201400000050 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm51214v402014u45 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Danbones
a reply to: intrptr

it no longer says to serve and protect on police cars

You're right. It says "to patrol and protect". I went looking for that to show you and drew a blank.

"But I know it is there".

here in Canada the cops are generally not so bad...there is like every where else the occasional exception
(like my criminal record cost a chief his job....the lab returned a "no analyzable substance found" AFTER I was convicted by lie in court)
blueline.ca...
here they have totally removed the old slogan

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Hey Danbones. I forgot you hail from the North (take off,eh?… you hoser). Thanks for the link to flashy police cars. I noticed they all have visible light bars, something ours are losing. Its that and the two tone color scheme that help identify them in traffic. Not because you are speeding, running "yellow lights" while texting and smoking up or anything.

I observed the sunny side patrol unit still maintained the B & W approach, as well. So I give them a 75 on visibility and if they are nice mounties then I bump that rating some, too.

Here in the states the approach is one of hiding in plain sight more now than ever. Gone are the two tone approaches and highly visible light bars. In my town they are gone completely on sheriffs units, and the cars are all white with lights inside the front grill and inside the passenger compartment rear window. They even fold away when not in use.

When you are sitting at a light and the visibility is poor due to glare, the light bar is the surest sign they are there, now its a guessing game.

If I ever get enough ducats I am moving there. Way up there, where its cold and the only large moving things are Polar bears.

That ought to stop the buzzing'… Charles Bronson in Death Hunt

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Our police are not so bad as in many countries, they do suffer from the same federalized gang mentality at times, and i have found they can be not quite on the level, and they sometimes suffer from the same mentalities as other government employees...

nice thing about this part of the world is that in a SHTF scenario winter is the great equalizer

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

They just enforce 'em?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join