It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We don't make the laws, we only enforce them"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Where did all these criminal cops come from all of a sudden?
Look up police beatings on you tube and the ones that are
in the U.S., you will not find the end. I was just doing this
myself last night before I crashed. And the amount of police
abuses and shootings and brutality and beatings is nothing
less than staggering. From hell to breakfast I began to get
the feeling some one declared war on us, me, you, the
american citizen and we didn't even get the respect of being
told.

There is no end to any of this because it is an attitude that they are in the right at all times and we are in the wrong at all times. There are no more citizens only perpetrators, guilty in the eyes of the cop until the court proves you are innocent.

Many of you are young, you do not know of the days when every pickup truck in America had a gun rack in the back and many had a gun there, you do not know how many people carried open and no one cared. You do not know of the days when pulling your weapon was last choice not first. You do not know of the days when a cop would do all he could to make you understand his directions and not just give them once or twice and then let the bullets fly.

The 70s was a day and age of PCP. A drug that would make people freak-out with super human strength. They were controlled, no gun, no taser... Today if you do not follow a cops directions instantly to the T then you are only lucky to be dancing under multiple taser attacks.

edit on 10-5-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I know it's probably going to be pointless to *ahem* point this out...

But...

Are there bad cops? Of course there are. I've encountered 'em.

But the vast majority are no such thing. They don't think they're above the Law.

They may not like the various laws they're asked to enforce, but that's in the job description. It's our responsibility to change the bad laws, not to complain about the enforceres, or not just complain.

You don't like it?

CHANGE IT!!!

Or is that too much work? Much easier to complain about it on a computer screen...?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The actions of the unions completely negate any "good" cops there may be.

Why bother pointing out that surely a few nice guys served under Pol Pot?

The regime, unions in this case, for all intents and purposes speak for all law enforcement personnel.

Changing it is possible I suppose. Remotely possible. The best groups we have on our side are orgs like the NRA, ACLU, NORML and a few others but these groups split their own bases. The ACLU's rights stop where the NRA picks up and neither are very fond of NORML and by a large margin the largely clueless public will support the police unions no matter what.

Even populations that have historically suffered more damage than any others (black, homosexual, poor) will more often than not come out positively on the side of law enforcement.

Speaking up and acting locally is often more difficult. Once your name is out the harassment gets very real and without the funding to back you up any lawsuit or effort to end the harassment just falls flat.

It's an uphill battle when they have all the momentum. Sometimes complaining on a forum is a start sometimes complaining on a forum is all you can do sometimes complaining on a forum is just one part of everything else you are doing.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

officer Henry: "dude, i dont care who made the law or gave the order.. that is anti- Free Republic"
or
officer Henry: "only a douche would enforce that law or order. fire me then, I have more honor than to do something against the spirit of the Bill of Rights"

these are the only responses the cops should give on anything shady.

And the CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE stuff smells like something only a complete scumbag would endorse. ANY member of a dept that does this is COMPLETELY THE ENEMY

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

The actions of the unions completely negate any "good" cops there may be.

Why bother pointing out that surely a few nice guys served under Pol Pot?

The regime, unions in this case, for all intents and purposes speak for all law enforcement personnel.

standing under/behind such unions PROVE one isn't all that "good" after all.

And I am sure some of the Auschwitz guards were good fathers and sons. Im betting a few of them were decent guys "just following orders" or "just doing their jobs"

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I reject your excuse.

Those same "good cops", are staying quiet. Because of that, they too, breaking the law. 42 USC 1986, Action for neglect to prevent. Also, again, any affidavits, or any other legally binding documents, or court testimony they participated in, defending any violations of Article 6, is felony rescue. Actions such as those, for a job that demands utmost adherance to the law to keep public trust, are inexcusable.

Their job is to uphold the United States Constitution. Failure to do so, is treason.

There are no exceptions to article 6. None. They are sworn to uphold it, by Oath.

I want their charters revoked, by public referendum and citizen grand jury. Lets turn those illegally gained pensions, salaries, etc. into something useful.
edit on 10-5-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Learn your government. Only Congress can legislate. The President is administration only. Only one of those branches can make law.

Did you do that on purpose?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Wow, you make it sound like taking a shower to
wash off the dirt and putting on clean threads.

Change it? Are you serious? You mean like this?

[ I may not be able to call the cops on the cops?
But I can damn sure call my congressman ( in theory )
and whine to deaf ears and vote. We'll see how
you act towards american citizens then by crappy.
Yes sir.]

I some how don't believe you even believe
that. But have to be holding to some policy accordingly.

Not Authorized

Only Congress can legislate.

I remember when only congress could print money.
edit on Rpm51014v202014u45 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This morning on the way to work i passed an officer going the other way. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and was messing with his cell phone.

Earlier this week I came up to a stop sign behind a police officer. He just rolled right on through the stop sign without stopping.

Last week I was almost hit by another car going the wrong way up a 1 way street. An officer witnessed the situation and did nothing about it.

What this tells me: cops selectively enforce laws, and the selective enforcement goes right down to their own personal behavior.

Let me tell you about our new chief of police. He used to live across the street from me about 10 years ago. When my 16 year old was around 6 he was playing with the chiefs son out in the neighborhood. All of a sudden I hear a loud *THWACK* on my garage door. I go out to see what happened, expecting the basketball hoop to have gotten tipped over or something. Instead I find an arrow sticking out of my garage door, and the cops son standing their holding the bow (he was 7 at the time).

We all 3 head over to his dad's house, where I asked him about the bow and arrow his son was carrying around the neighborhood. His reply: "They are just practice tips". I said, "Can I shoot you with one then?" He was obviously not amused, but offered to pay for the garage door. I turned him down and instead asked him to just not arm his child with projectiles any more.

Not all cops are bad cops, but the ones who are bad tend to victimize you. I mean, not all lions are going to eat you, right?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Not all cops are bad cops, but the ones who are bad tend to victimize you. I mean, not all lions are going to eat you, right?

Reminds me of the scorpion and the frog.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yes. That to. Municipal banks, using existing currency, and a crypto currency are the solution. Think Bitcoin, plus existing gold and silver certificates, directly exchangeable in a set weight and measure.

Correctly designed cryptocurrencies are fully transparent. Each transaction is auditable by the whole world. It is the new internet for finance. Hard to have under the table deals, when all transactions are in full public view.

The federal reserve is in violation of its charter. All subsequent gains, by it, are able to be legally clawed back, under law. Including illegal confiscation of our gold in 1933.

See, the gold standard is a hidden right in the US constitution. It is the unalienable right to a fair currency.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Touched a nerve, did I?

As I said in my first post, I've had encounters with bad cops.

One of them I got, after a bit of work, fired. So don't tell me it can't be done. 'cause I did it. The other I never encountered again...and didn't get his name/badge number.

But that's the problem, isn't it? It'll take work. Work that all too many of us aren't willing to put in.

Things don't change themselves, people.

But you know that already, don't you? Don't you?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I've had encounters with bad cops.

One of them I got, after a bit of work, fired. So don't tell me it can't be done. 'cause I did it.

I'm sure that's the rule and not the exception, right?

Part of the formula is awareness of the problem, another is awareness of the solutions to the problem. So what kind of work did it take to remedy the problem in your instance?

Things don't change themselves, people.

Things do seem to change themselves from good to bad and from bad to worse on their own fairly often. Of course there have been changes in overall policy regarding police work. As mentioned before, police no longer serve the public but exist to serve the government - largely by generating revenue for them. But who is the government supposed to serve?

edit on 10-5-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Oh, please...

It an exception, rather than a rule only if you/we allow it to be. As with any govt. entity you get what you/we deserve if you aren't willing to work at it.

Nothing changes on its own.

Especially in things like this. If we aren't willing to watch the watchers, why are we surprised when things go pear shaped?

Keeping a society running smoothly takes work. Work that we're all, apparently, unwilling to do.

I get so tired, as you may surmise, of hearing/reading that "we can't change it". We can if we're willing to do it, willing to do the hard work necessary to change it. Whatever "it" is. Bad laws. Bad politicians. Combinations of both of those.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

ALL COPS ARE BAD.. they are no different than a foreign malevolent occupying army. They are the REDCOATS of the 21st century. No different than the british redcoats circa 1770's. Same in every way through acts.

1. Civil Asset Forfeiture. i hope every single person that participated with this meet with eternal Karma.
2. Revenue Generation. this needs no elaboration. DETESTABLE beyond compare
3. FOR PROFIT prison perpetuating. this is DISGUSTING only a SCUMBAG would profit from this.
4. Drug war = total TYRANNY every single cog in the wheel is a COMPLETE TRAITOR to the ideals of a Free Republic and against the SPIRIT of the Constitution. They are stabbing our ancestors in the back. and BETRAYING ALL of us.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

THAT reminds me.... European elections 2014 Its about Europe & Its about you

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

No, no they aren't.

...even if they were, why do you suppose that to be the case?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No, no they aren't.

...even if they were, why do you suppose that to be the case?

I have stated 4 reasons that demonstrate why. each one of the four listed is a deal breaker for anyone that truly embraces anything that the Free Republic stands for.

having 2/3 of my entire extended family prior military and retired military. We have NO COPS among any of us. I was the only one, and once i realized what a scumbag the feds are, i walked away.

Of course, my family has been in America before the 1600's, so perhaps we have stronger since of duty, patriotism and HONOR for the Republic and the Bill of Rights, Magna Carta and Castle Doctrine.

Luckily there are many like me, much more than shock troops and their boot lickers. The cops will need every armored vehicle they have. Although it wont be near enough.
When the REDCOATS cleanse 2.0 commences, I know where my sights will be pointed.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Let me rephrase that...

Why do you suppose those four things, which I have no truck with either, just so you know; have been allowed to happen?

Who/What is to blame? Nothing happens on its own.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Let me rephrase that...

Why do you suppose those four things, which I have no truck with either, just so you know; have been allowed to happen?

Who/What is to blame? Nothing happens on its own.

Personal accountability. Each Man is responsible to learn and understand the documents they take an oath to.

Duty, Honor, Integrity. to the Republic.

When faced with something that goes against that it comes down to personal responsibility. Those unjust laws would have NO TEETH if there were not TRAITORS willing to carry them out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join