It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Organ-Emotion Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Have you been overjoyed by the sudden chance of fate, that brings you the goodies in hand? Have you been in fear for a moment when you realize that you might loose your job? Have you been in deep compassion for the ragged beggar sitting all day on the passing corner? Well, that overgrowth of emotions, unrealized in some aspect, can and according to TCM is, harmful to your overall wellbeing. Read why here.

Chinese medicine categorizes the major emotions as: anxiety, sorrow, fear, anger, joy, rumination, and empathy. Each of these, when excessive or fix (preoccupying the mind), harms an internal organ and disturbs the qi in specific ways.

-Bartender. Serving Choujiu today. Cats drunk.
edit on 10-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: wine,,,

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That is a very good link. It helps to explain some things in a way I can understand. The Chinese and Ayarvedic medicines are hard for me to understand sometimes, I have been reading articles of medical science from different sources here in America for many years, since I dropped out of college when I was going to be a doctor.

I have accelerated my reading since I got disabled, reading probably 50,000 articles on medicines and food science over the last seven years. My comprehension of how these other medical sciences look at things is limited though, it is hard to understand their philosophy. That is because most of my life long research has been into the structure of modern medicine. Yet I need to understand the basics better. Identifying the triggers is better than treating the symptoms actually. But our medicine here does not address this properly. Not getting sick is always better than treating these diseases. S&F

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname

The ancient healing traditions like Chinese medicine and Ayurveda had a handle on epigenetics long, long before Western medicine even considered the possibility. Even now, most doctors and laymen still assume that anything inherited must be genetic. It's not.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wonderful link; thanks for sharing!
I have always been fascinated by how we choose our illnesses by the emotions we allow in our souls!
S&F

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname

S&F for starting this thread.

I believe every last bit of this and realize that Eastern medicine is far more advanced then we are here in the west.

I am currently working on a course in Ayurveda and learning how we treat our bodies really does affect every aspect of our health. The concepts are so far removed from what we in North America know, and big Pharma wants us to know, to be difficult to grasp.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Identifying the triggers is better than treating the symptoms actually. But our medicine here does not address this properly. Not getting sick is always better than treating these diseases.
a reply to: rickymouse

rickymouse, you hit the nail on the head with that statement. Our western medicine is so reliant on "reactive" medicine and dosing with a bounty of drugs to just to relieve the symptoms. Whereas, in the east they concentrate on a "proactive" approach that works to prevent the disease/dis-ease in the first place.

Not sure that all homeopathic remedies are the right choice, and think that there are a lot of "snake oils" out there that get marketed just enough to make them believable. Its a fine line indeed.

Here are a few good links to information on Ayurveda:

www.indianmirror.com...
www.homeveda.com...
www.holistic-online.com...
lifespa.com...
www.vedanet.com...

I could keep going, but there is tons on information in just these few links.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

join