It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hack 'n' Slash, I found a new addiction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
So I stumbled upon this little indie game and now I am hooked and at the same time STUCK!

This is a game where you literally get to CHEAT as a main part of the game!

But it is not like you just type in "Search for end of game sequence" and it shows you.... No this is more like a game that teaches you about coding in small fragments. The game is unfinished but I find it very amusing!

I figured people would love to see this game in action so.... Here is the steam page for it.

store.steampowered.com...

My review of this game so far, with as little as I actually accomplished in 4 hours is that this game has a lot of potential. I remember pummeling through the first 4 .hack games but this is a new concept! Maybe not for video game programmers, but it is for the mainstream.

I finally found something to swing away at... or type away at....

BTW... if you bought this game and figured out the puzzles past the code puzzle 3 room... I need help... I'm stuck....

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Not my cup of tea
The first trailer made me want to slap a baby and kick a kitten...but the game doesn't appeal to me not because of that terrible video, just can't be bothered to ultimately code a game while I am playing a game in...godmode in essence.
but no doubt it will appeal to some...props for something different...ish.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
seems a bit retro for my liking.

I will stick to eve online where i can cheat steal and lie while blowing up pretty starships

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

thats my kind of game.

I always end up doing a mod or hack after I get bored with games to add replay value. Usually I just add elements to the game. This would be awesome....thinking of the possibilities for a total conversion as we speak.....

I love the concept of this game. I also like that its Zelda-esq

edit on 5 10 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Currently playing planetside2. great free to play game!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

Seems pretty cool. However, I don't know if its cool enough to pay the $20 for it.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I cannot believe you payed $20 for that game.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I believe in the game. I like early access games because I get to help shape the game.

I also bought minecraft back when it was 15 dollars. What is the price of it now?

Besides I am paying for something I believe in. You can scoff at it all you want.

top topics

join