It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As we turn to dust, remember us.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Regardless of the politics, the global thrashing, the good, the bad and the ugly quite simply humans are merely a blip on the planet Earth. For the most part I will not mourn their passing save in a few instances. I created this thread to offer you the chance to say what, of all things human we should be remembered for.

Why remember the human beings? For all the bad we have done there is much worth remembering. Chocolate for one. Music and art for another. If there is anything you believe worthwhile of remembrance add it to this list. Who knows, maybe someday when we are gone alien forensic archeologists will restore this data to see what we were and what mattered to us.

For my part I add a piece of music. Peace.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

We should be remembered because of all we know in the Universe, we were the only ones with enough balls to ask "why?".

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Beer maybe?

I honestly can't think of anything... humanity is a plague on this planet... How depressing...

But theres beer... To quote Homer Simpson

"Beer... the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems"

Hey theres one for ya... cartoons?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Hey theres one for ya... cartoons?

Cartoons.. yep those are a winner, especially Homer Simpson. That in itself ought to keep them puzzling for a few centuries.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

How sad is it though...

I seriously can't think of anything we have brought to this world that is actually worth remembering...

Nothing that a culture 2000 years from now can look at and say wow, these people were really interesting...

Perhaps this thread might give me a little positive boost
edit on 10-5-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Nothing that a culture 2000 years from now can look at and say wow, these people were really interesting...

I know, that's why I posted this thread. I'm hoping we can find those things that make us worthwhile as a species. I know there is quite a bit. Would just like to see some of it in one place. Maybe few care, even the humans.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm not sure who made the quote, I think it was DeGrasse-Tyson...If the history of this planet was the length of a football field, the time humans have been around would be the thickness of a blade of grass. Yeah, we are not perfect, but I think we are doing pretty good, so far. The party is just getting started.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Party eh... Sigh...

At least I brought the beer...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yeah, we are not perfect, but I think we are doing pretty good, so far. The party is just getting started.

No, we are far from perfect yet have some wonderful things to offer. Of those things I ask, what is it that you believe we should be remembered for?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Music .. the only worthwhile thing humans have came up with ..

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'd trade my last pig and a song for the last case of beer.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Show me an example.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

We will likely be remembered, by whatever species replaces us and digs up whatever remains of our culture, for how monumentally stupid we were. I'm sure it'll make for some good jokes.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Show me an example.

edit on 10-5-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

We will likely be remembered, by whatever species replaces us and digs up whatever remains of our culture, for how monumentally stupid we were. I'm sure it'll make for some good jokes.

Maybe but I don't think so. For as much foolishness as humans have caused we have also done some good. Music, art and philosophy to name a few. C'mon show me why there is some good in the human race.

edit on 295am4343am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hope and love

Regardless of the odds we always hope and we always love

Though not a piece of junk we can leave behind they
are evident in our art and music. Also our desire
to learn and explore and understand.

We aren't all that bad as species, mankind is generally good
man however can vary widely

Cody

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I suppose future paleontologists will take note that we were had remarkable opposing thumbs. Most of the art and music will likely be long gone.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Show me an example.
mozart .. beethoven .. the doors .. the clash .. dead kennedys .. music is a universal transcending time .. culture .. it touches the soul and communicates beyond words ...

Time for more sake and further contemplation on the subject ..

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is one of the more important songs of my life. It challenged how I thought when I was younger. I wish more of today's youth would listen. Especially the 2nd verse (starts around 1:30).

edit on 05am10am312014-05-10T10:44:41-05:0010America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on 05am10am312014-05-10T10:45:38-05:0010America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I was reading your thread earlier, somehow related to what I think.

If you are familiar with my threads, you maybe noticed many of them are focused in rescuing useful andean ancient knowledge believed was lost forever. All that information can be used today with the same great results.

It's impossible to find the name of the persons who invented all that great technology, but the legacy is there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join