It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Cards: Possibly the New Currency?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Has anyone seen these yet?

Cards about the size of a credit card, which consist of 50 dividable 1 gram chips of pure gold!

Im not sure IF I've call this a conspiracy, but gold has been the standard of "money" for ages... perhaps millennia...

Many people believe keeping gold is the only way to insure your financial well being...

And since money these days is nothing more then paper... Could this be the next currency?

These gold "chocolate" bars as they're called are selling at $2,200 each from what I've seen...

I just think they look cool...

and apparently they come in a few flavors...

www.valcambigold.com...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You got to watch people selling or buying gold as i have seen people get ripped off by not knowing that it goes by the troy scale

Gold is traditionally measured in Troy weight; a set of units of mass commonly used for precious metals. Note that the Troy pound and ounce quoted are different from the Avoirdupois units that other goods are commonly measured in. The units available for this gold conversion tool are:

Carats (metric) (CM), Centigrams (cg), Grains (gr), Grams (g), Kilograms (kg), Milligrams (mg), Ounces Avoir (oz), Ounces Troy (t oz), PennyWeights (pwt), Pounds Troy, Tonnes (metric ton) (t)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Ya for sure... there was a big issue with people selling fake gold bars...

basically tungsten with gold plating

I think these are just to small to fake... but who knows...

Im thinking these little chips would be easy to lose... LOL

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Gold is not a currency, gold is a commodity. Big difference. There is an actual use for gold in this world, and limited supply of it. Currency is fiat, and is printed quicker than stamps.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A coin of copper,
the size of a silver dollar,
has a dollar's worth of copper in it..

Currently, our money is so inflated that we could use almost anything for dollars and immediately switch to a hard currency.
(hard currency means fixed currency, not coinage)

Small gold would be easy to counterfeit if it were used alot.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: alldirex

Perhaps someone should change that...

Money that's actually worth something as opposed to paper...

This might be a brilliant idea... I think Valcambi might be on to something with these

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I thought it was just the goberment selling fake bars of gold people are getting in on it now

What next print your own money and guns

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
When we're starving in a nuclear wasteland, a whole truckload of gold won't be worth one pig. I see the way we assign value to currencies as a major flaw in the collective psyche of our species.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldirex
Gold is not a currency, gold is a commodity. Big difference. There is an actual use for gold in this world, and limited supply of it. Currency is fiat, and is printed quicker than stamps.

Exactly right. I was about to write the same.

People need to remember/learn the difference between "Money" and "Currency".
There is no way out of the fiat-scheme without seeing through this.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
gold can never be used again for every day trade of goods its hard to weigh out 1/100th of a gram silver on the other hand maby

top topics

join