It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

11 dimensions?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox
What?

I thought strong force was the exact opposite. The closer the objects get the stronger the force between them. I thought gravity had the longest range (mainly because there's no interference).


well, technically, gravity and EM affect everything (if its EM then it needs a charge). the strong force, however, gets stronger from far away.

www.fnal.gov...

the STRONG force is a peculiar one. It is a SHORT range force, even tough the force between two strongly interacting objects GROWS as their distance grows!!!


if you read on, it explains an inherent problem. there's a lot of energy created by pulling them far, and eventually you get two new, very close particles.




posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
here is a site that is similar to silent frogs thingo

tetraspace.alkaline.org...

hope you enjoy it



posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
yeah, bin said. time is the 4th, not 11.


WRONG, it is only one of the common theories that time is the fourth.



posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
yeah, bin said. time is the 4th, not 11.


WRONG, it is only one of the common theories that time is the fourth.


and which dimension is first? length? or is it width? or maybe height? actually, you know, i think time is fourth, height is second, width is fourth, and height is 11th.

you can number em any damn way you please. if time is there, its the fourth because we're calling it the fourth.

anyway, yes, i know its a theory. a theory is much stronger than you make it sound.

theory 1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
dictionary.com

its a theory because by any means accountable, it works, cannot be disproven, holds up to any threat posed to it and explains it away. dont forget evolution is a theory, and id (along with quite a few others) would swear by it.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I posted this almost same thing on another post about blackholes.
F(x)=X / (X^2-4) WHEN -2


Nox

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Although my memory is weak at this time,

I remember that dark matter was already covered in SuperString theory.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
yes iam just implying through this theory.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I figured out 1-10 already:
My Site


Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
I figured out 1-10 already:
My Site


That's... very creative, and very creative for a 14 year old. Keep up the good work. I'm serious; it shows you have a good imagination and visual/spacial mental capacity.

The problem is that 11D Theory comes from SuperString theory. I can honestly say that those dimensions aren't clearly defined. They exist because string theorists needed 10 or 26 dimensions (not including time) to tie gravity in with electromagnetic, weak, and strong forces.

Even I don't know the exact names or definitions for those dimensions. I can only assure you that they have nothing to do with "spirituality" or "mental space".

I think your friends agreed because they were confused or just wanted to please you. Sorry for the harsh lesson.


It's very creative though. Keep making new hypotheses, and I'm sure as your knowledge of [theoretical] physics builds, you'll make better and better hypotheses, and one of them will eventually become a robust, renowned theory.



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox

Originally posted by invader_chris
I figured out 1-10 already:
My Site


That's... very creative, and very creative for a 14 year old. Keep up the good work. I'm serious; it shows you have a good imagination and visual/spacial mental capacity.

The problem is that 11D Theory comes from SuperString theory. I can honestly say that those dimensions aren't clearly defined. They exist because string theorists needed 10 or 26 dimensions (not including time) to tie gravity in with electromagnetic, weak, and strong forces.

Even I don't know the exact names or definitions for those dimensions. I can only assure you that they have nothing to do with "spirituality" or "mental space".

I think your friends agreed because they were confused or just wanted to please you. Sorry for the harsh lesson.


It's very creative though. Keep making new hypotheses, and I'm sure as your knowledge of [theoretical] physics builds, you'll make better and better hypotheses, and one of them will eventually become a robust, renowned theory.


M-Thoeory, String Theory, same difference. M-Thoery is just shorter. Anyways, most theories we come up with are more philisophical than scientific.


Nox

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Scientific theories are falsifiable.

But let's not get into that. I don't want this to turn into a religious discussion.

EDIT: Before claiming you know so much about scientific theories, I challenge you to make theory under your name. Present your ideas to a scientific community and see if they believe anything you say about "oh my ideas are scientific... blah. No difference between scientific theory and philosophy anyway."

[edit on 8-12-2004 by Nox]



posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This does seem like an interesting theory, but what i'm wondering is how is this possible? The diagram shows the dimensions in a box, I don't know about you but since when were different dimensions in a boX?



posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Time is not a dimension, it is an element of the universe, it exists in _ALL_ dimensions and thus cannot be a dimension in itself. Similar to other elements of the universe, such as matter.


Nox

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman
Time is not a dimension, it is an element of the universe, it exists in _ALL_ dimensions and thus cannot be a dimension in itself. Similar to other elements of the universe, such as matter.


Ok then...

Length is not a dimension, it is an element of the universe, it exists in _ALL_ dimensions and thus cannot be a dimension in itself. Similar to other elements of the universe, such as matter.

I love "common sense". It makes so much "sense".



posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Time is dimension.
Just liike the line dimension feeds off the point dimension, and the shape dimension feeds off the line dimension, and the figure dimension, feeds off the shape dimension, They all have time as their base dimension. think about, if it's not in time, it dosent exist. Time is the most important quality, dimension for an object to exist.



posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rifleman
This does seem like an interesting theory, but what i'm wondering is how is this possible? The diagram shows the dimensions in a box, I don't know about you but since when were different dimensions in a boX?


its a way of representing them. a box has three edges off of a corner, each at 90 degrees to the other two. if you take those three lines, and extend them to infinity, those are your 'axes.' the problem with the picture is that once you add any other line, it is simply a line in three-space, that is, it exists in some mixture of those three dimensions, and is NOT another dimension itself. you cant be perpendicular to those angles in any otherway.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join