It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Some E-Cigs Put Out Tobacco-Like Levels of Carcinogens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
The op says, " in the peer-reviewed journal Nicotine and Tobacco Research "

I don't know who these folks are but it seems to me a science journal about nicotine and tobacco would be heavily influenced by the tobacco industry. They can have 2, 3 4 studies all confirming the same thing and there is nothing to say these studies were not doctored in favor of the tobacco industries.

Absolutely, this is something that happens a lot and people need to consider the vested interests behind everything.

It's easy to manipulate the results of any testing in one direction or another, you can select a specific group of testers (based on their own biased views), or control the test group to such a degree that the results are inevitably going to be swayed in one direction or another.

Then again, doesn't this all suggest that the best option is to limit everything you consume to limit the risks entirely? If there is no trust in the "system" to present accurate data, then it should all surely be rejected?

I feel the same way about the food and pharmaceuticals industries. There is so much false information and so much conflicting data on everything from the use of Paracetamol to the additives in foods that sensible people would be better off just not using any of it unless they have to.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
if i recall right from my more educated brother sientific studies are paied for bye the ones who want the results and there for are made to give them what they want or they will not pay ... makes u wonder who can u ever trust

<< 1  2  3   >>

join