It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama's college thesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What a depressing piece of work I read. I was disappointed by the political fools who said it shows that she's a racist. It doesn't.

But what I am deeply ashamed of is that the infamous Michelle LaVaughn Robinson has sold-out her own “Blackness” to taste the sweet ambers of the white man. How does it feel, Michelle, to see black (and non-black) women having to make the unthinkable decision between feeding their children or keeping warm, while you sit high and mighty in your White Palace?

Does anyone else find it ironic that Michelle Robinson grew up to be the very thing she derided?

EDIT: A link to her college thesis for Princeton. For those who don't want to read it, just do a crtl + f search for "Blackness"

obamaprincetonthesis.wordpress.com...
edit on 9-5-2014 by iosolomon because: Added link

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hi OP. Got a link for us so we can see it for ourselves too? Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

Do you have a link to her thesis. You OP doesn't make a lot of sense without something to reference to.

Des

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon
Michelle LaVaughn Robinson has sold-out her own “Blackness” to taste the sweet ambers of the white man.

How?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So she's a hypocrite. What is surprising about that? Most politicians are. Also, let's be honest, she is racist.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
here's two links in the absence of ........

Michelle Obama Princeton Thesis

Michelle Obama thesis was on racial divide

Her words ....

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before," the future Mrs. Obama wrote in her thesis introduction. "I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Oh, sorry, I added in a link. I just thought we were all sitting behind a computer with internet access. I would have posted a link, but I read it a few months ago.

Yes, to add a bit more, her college thesis was all over the conservative pundits (fools) charging her as racist. They took things way out of context. I mean, you could make the argument she's racist, and if you do agree with the conservatives, do back it up.

But I am more shocked at the hypocrite she has become as yamammasamonkey points out.

a reply to: yamammasamonkey

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So, getting an education made her want to experience success? The horror! This is what they mean by "acting white." It used to be a pretty potent insult in the school I was teaching at. No wonder she felt bad about herself. She was starting to "act white." There was nothing particularly conservative about it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

But I am more shocked at the hypocrite she has become as yamammasamonkey points out.

She is neither a racist or a politician... How is she a hypocrite?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Not sure how anyone can be racist, when we all have white bones under the skin.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Did you not read her thesis? It's pretty black-and-white. In fact, she even poses the question:

I wondered whether or not my education at Princeton would affect my identification with the Black community.

She doesn't care about the plights of African-Americans. She did a whole paper about it, and 30 years later, she has abandoned her good character.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Although smart black leaders can accurately "diagnose" the profound "funk" their in now...no one since Dr. Martin Luther King era has brought them out.
They were very "together" in early 1900's because they had a solid family unit for guidance.
However, since they now are having kids out of marriage...the results are devastation...until they finally change.
Larry Elder and Rev. Manning have written books for their community to understand the corrective action, but not many takers...exactly why Michelle Obama frustration is to be expected.

edit on 9-5-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Did you not read her thesis? It's pretty black-and-white. In fact, she even poses the question:

I wondered whether or not my education at Princeton would affect my identification with the Black community.

She doesn't care about the plights of African-Americans. She did a whole paper about it, and 30 years later, she has abandoned her good character.

I did read her theses - about 5 years ago. Even with your references, I don't see her being a hypocrite. I imagine black people in her position have mixed feelings about being "too successful" and losing touch with their "roots". And I disagree completely with you when you say she doesn't care about black people AND that she has abandoned anything. Being successful does not mean she has abandoned anything.

Are you suggesting the only way she could empathize with black people is to remain unsuccessful and be poor?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I did read her theses - about 5 years ago.

Lemme' correct ya'. It was almost exactly SIX years ago.

I remembered you did a thread on it back then ...

BH's ATS Thread - Michelle Obama - The TRUTH about her thesis

Oh .. and six years later ... I still disagree with you. (No surprise there, right? )
She's a racist and her thesis was lousy work for that level of education.
You recently said that black people can't be racist ... or something like that.
(I'm sure you'll clarify that statement here)
And I disagree with that as well. (again ... no surprise that I disagree )

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You missed the important part of this ... her thesis only had a 22% rate of return. That's insane! A school like Princeton should have expected a 85% rate of return at least. Obviously they just pushed it through. (get that minority quota pushed through? )

There. That should heat up the thread a bit.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wow! Your memory is a LOT better than mine! I didn't even remember doing that thread... Thanks.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
You missed the important part of this ... her thesis only had a 22% rate of return. That's insane! A school like Princeton should have expected a 85% rate of return at least. Obviously they just pushed it through. (get that minority quota pushed through? )

There. That should heat up the thread a bit.

Lol! Great post. I was hoping other people would reply to you, but I am a little late with this topic. I was just presenting a different take on it, now that she's 6 years as First Lady, and has done nothing to make a lasting contribution to the Black Community.

Obviously they just pushed it through.

That's gold.

I did think the paper was meritorious, but I could definitely see them doing this at "white" Princeton.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I read her thesis years ago, which she wrote when she was 21 years old. During the first election it was difficult to find and had been sequestered by Yale until public pressure more or less forced them to release it. It actually loosely followed the scientific method. She postulated that "being black" had a negative effect on the careers of Yale graduates. Her methodology was to canvass several hundred Black graduates for feedback on their lives since graduation from Yale. Lots of people did not bother to respond to her questionnaire, and though that might seem "telling" in and of itself, it is not at all unusual to "not reply" to surveys and her returned sample was within reason.

HOWEVER, the sample clearly showed that these Black graduates thought they had NOT SUFFERED in their careers because they were Black, which did not support Michelle's theory. She was forced to conclude that her experiment DID NOT show the prejudice she expected.

Not that she learned sufficiently from that, of course, as her subsequent attitude and comments have adequately proven, but as for her methodology and her forced conclusion, it was done properly and, as a senior thesis, had about as much intellectual rigor as you could expect from that age and education level and was likely on a par with other theses submitted at the same time.

Now, OP, you seem a bit confused. You obviously want to take Michelle to task for her thesis, but when you actually read what it says, you can't really fault her conclusions, so then you take off on how she has lived her life since then. So what, exactly, is your problem? As a thesis, your OP is a whole lot worse than Michelle's.

FOR THE RECORD: I am not an Obama supporter. I'm a conservative and never voted for him, and I oppose most of his policies. Michelle, as a person, is one of my least-favorite people in the world.

join