It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Americans are bound by the Constitution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There seems to be some ...much confusion in America lately about the Constitution. So let me tell you a thing or two.

The Constitution starts off with "We the People." The Constitution was forged out of American blood.

Today, Americans seem to think that the Constitution does not apply to them. It does. Private entities seem to think the Constitution does not apply to them. It does.

On this website, I am told:

Your freedom of speech argument is invalid, there is NO such thing on ATS. ATS is a private venue that is governed by the T&C. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually, this would be in error. ATS is bound by the Constitution. But I won't hash that issue. That's the least of my worries.

In 2012, I was suspended from the University of Southern California for a story I wrote for a creative writing class. If you're familiar with the University of Southern California, you might know that it's a private institution, and retort that it is not in fact bound by the Constitution. This would be in error; private institutions, corporations, and all Americans ("We the People") have a patriotic duty to uphold the Constitution.

When Congress condones any of our unconstitutional acts, they are passing a de facto law violating the Bill of Rights. This is one of the government's deadliest onslaughts to the Constitution, and, like anything underhanded, one of the most successful. Consider the Executive Branch: warrantless raids and the use of torture are clearly unconstitutional. What does the government do to get around this? They privatize the military and the police force, which is then free to use torture and warrantless raids at will. The Judicial Branch has even labeled this as "flexibility" for getting their job done because the Constitution "does not apply to them." No! All private entities, including the private military, USC, and yourself, are bound by our Constitution. (Although we should already know that the Constitution doesn't stop this government from doing whatever it wants.)

The other assaults on the Constitution are a sad reflection on your part, America. This government has convinced you to sacrifice your liberty for temporary safety, and you willingly do so, craving the nefarious Patriot Act and thirsting for the corporate thought police. Big Brother is watching and listening to all that we do, so much so that even Bill Clinton can't even get a decent blowjob in peace. And if you just so happen to disagree, claiming there is no threat to liberty, then you can go burn the Constitution (or go rape Benjamin Franklin's dead corpse).

So don't fall for this "private" entity argument. Otherwise, the government will continue to "privatize" itself to circumvent the Constitution.

All Americans are bound by the Constitution. If you don't like that, then form a new Constitution that reads "They the People."

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The Constitution was written by rich, white, male, property owners. When they are referring to "We the people", you have to take into consideration who exactly "we" and "the people" were. At face value, women and blacks were certainly not considered "people" at the time. "We the people" is in fact only referring to a select few.

Everything was designed to protect the minority, from the 'tyranny' of the majority. What people do not understand is that the minority in this case are the rich property owners, who are to be protected from the majority - ie., everyone else.

The founding fathers were genious enough to realize that instead of monopolizing people in a direct absolutist fashion, you could appease them by throwing them a few crumbs once in a while. This is why we have a representative two party system that differs only by small details.

Once every four years the "minority" offers the "majority" a "choice" between two sides of the same face. The people think that they have a "vote" and, subsequently, participation in the political process, when in reality that vote is highly controlled and limited to serve only those who allow the voting in the first place. Kind of like being offered a "choice" between being shot in the head or run over by my truck.

Presidents may change, but major policies almost always remain the same. Same play, different actor.

And the masses remain subdued because they actually think their voice counts. It counts in little things, but never in any major decision, policy, application of law, or distribution of government funds that involves that top .1% (ie the minority).

Yes, you have certain liberties and rights afforded to you by the Constitution and Bill of Rights, but they are only there as an appeasement to subjugate the masses. As you mentioned with the example of the Patriot Act, they are subject to 'interpretation' by a legislative body that is given the latitude to do so. While legislation 'appears' to apply equally to everyone (I mean, what could be more fair than writing all the rules down on paper, and impersonally subjecting everyone to the same regulations?), it most certainly does not.

The problem comes with the fact that it was created with such sophistication so as to allow those "interpretations" to be utilized by those with the means to do so.
edit on 9-5-2014 by pissy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You're so wrong on so many levels it makes me tired just thinking of drafting a counter argument. It's not worth it in the long run, because your dillusional, close minded, brainwashed view is likely so ingrained that you will never be able to free yourself from the mental prison your "educators" have locked you in. I'm sure you are happy, ignorance is bliss.
a reply to: pissy

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pissy
The Constitution was written by rich, white, male, property owners. When they are referring to "We the people", you have to take into consideration who exactly "we" and "the people" were. At face value, women and blacks were certainly not considered "people" at the time. "We the people" is in fact only referring to a select few.

I would have to respectfully disagree. And, I emphasize, respectfully. Perhaps a little lesson in "the framing of the constitution" is in order.

H.CON. RES. 331

Our founding fathers (regardless of racially trained views) were impressed with the Iroquois' Great Law of Peace. Impressed enough so that there are many parallels between passages. I've read the comparisons. There are several accounts of both parties having met and discussed in greater details the structures of the original constitution. Our founding fathers were impressed because it was working well for the Iroquois, and they wanted to do something similar for the future of America.

Are you suggesting that perhaps they seen any member of the Tribal League of 6 Nations as being subordinate by race, yet superior to any other race? That is a bit of a stretch. I believe they honestly seen everyone as equal. If they didn't see everyone as equal, then they probably would call them names, insult their Great Law of Peace, and say something ignorant like... "We can do better than you." That didn't happen. The two documents are amazingly similar. There was a great deal of respect there.

IMHO, your viewpoint is debunked!

Great OP! Rock on! I'd S&F you twice if I could.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

That is your opinion. Article 6 is fact. Read it.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I wanted to share this and I think it fits, didn't find it elsewhere, hope y'all don't mind.

edit on 10-5-2014 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It seems to defeat the purpose of the constitution if it doesn't apply to the government and private institutions as well as public and private citizens.

Of course that kind of common sense doesn't seem to apply to today's situation. But like I've been known to tell other people, "You can't put a straight edge on a crooked world."

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have to ask... for clarification sake.

All Americans? Does that mean the Americans that live in South and Central America? What about Canadians?

Just asking...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon

"Your freedom of speech argument is invalid, there is NO such thing on ATS. ATS is a private venue that is governed by the T&C."

Actually, this would be in error. ATS is bound by the Constitution. But I won't hash that issue. That's the least of my worries.

Wrong. ATS is an INTERNATIONAL website with members from all around the globe.

Please do not make the silly mistake of thinking ATS is an American-only website that is frequented only by Americans, because that is skating dangerously close to arrogance and willful ignorance.

FYI: There is a planet full of other countries NOT named "America" out there. Just in case you didn't know.

edit on 10/5/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The constitution was written by, of and for the people as a framework for the government to work within to keep government from infringing on the god given rights of the people.

That's why, when you mention that you have one constitutional right or other to authorities such as a judge, they will inform you that you are not a party to the constitution if they are in a good mood that day, or charge and hold you in contempt of court if they are having a bad day.

The people don't need any constitution rights, and never needed them.

The government needs to start operating within the parameters set forth in the constitution by the people who wrote it.

If you study enough about this, it can be tracked down where everything began to go wrong.

If you don't care to learn, just keep arguing.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
If you study enough about this, it can be tracked down where everything began to go wrong.

The crown promised perpetual war if Founding Fathers' don't change the articles of confederation to suit the crown.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

"Your freedom of speech argument is invalid, there is NO such thing on ATS. ATS is a private venue that is governed by the T&C."

Please do not make the silly mistake of thinking ATS is an American-only website that is frequented only by Americans, because that is skating dangerously close to arrogance and willful ignorance.

FYI: There is a planet full of other countries NOT named "America" out there. Just in case you didn't know.

Remember this is how alot of American view the world

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is all the protection the Constitution gives you

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That is it. Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise there of; or abridging the freedom of speech. Now over the years the courts, federal law, state law etc. have expanded that protection and interpreted it to mean many more things. Today we assume much greater protections from it then did those at the time of our founding.

Take the Alien and Sedition Act of 1798. Signed into a law by a founding father John Adams they restricted speech that was critical of the Federal Goverment. And back then the courts would not rule on the Constitutionality of the free speech clause. And would not do so until the next centruy. So you were pretty much just scewed. In this case an election and a new party removed the law. Today of course the Courts would not allow that.

I always wonder why people who scream about the Constitution seem to know the least about it.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

And you can't forget aliens!!!

If America could live up to Our dream that all humans are created equal with the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and happiness, then there wouldn't be anymore countries because they would all want to join America. But if all the government has to do is to privatize prisons or the military or even the judicial system (the bureaucracy - the Fourth Branch of American government) and can circumvent the Constitution, why would anyone want to emulate us?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

I have to ask... for clarification sake.

All Americans? Does that mean the Americans that live in South and Central America? What about Canadians?

Just asking...

lol no. Just "We the People of the United States." Yes, it's funny that some people get mad when Americans refer to themselves as Americans. Should we call ourselves "Statesies" instead?

But I do contend that the Declaration of Independence applies to All People. But that argument is beyond the scope of this thread.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: yamammasamonkey
You're so wrong on so many levels it makes me tired just thinking of drafting a counter argument. It's not worth it in the long run, because your dillusional, close minded, brainwashed view is likely so ingrained that you will never be able to free yourself from the mental prison your "educators" have locked you in. I'm sure you are happy, ignorance is bliss.

This...isn't how ATS is supposed to be.

Personal attacks all over the place here. Respect the poster and attack his argument.

What you've done here is spit on that respect and tried to get at him personally.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If America could live up to Our dream that all humans are created equal with the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and happiness, then there wouldn't be anymore countries because they would all want to join America.

There's that arrogance I was speaking about. Thankyou for proving my point.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

How do you get arrogance from this?

If America could live up to Our dream that all humans are created equal with the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and happiness, then there wouldn't be anymore countries because they would all want to join America.

If everyone in America had Life, Liberty, and Happiness, why wouldn't any other country want to join that? Look at Crimea. They want to be part of Russia because Ukraine has failed them.

If our system in America lives up to Our Dream of Life, Liberty, and Happiness for All, and another country's system was creating oppression, injustice, and inequality (which is what we have currently in America), then why wouldn't they want to emulate us?

I really don't see where you get arrogance from. Do I need to define arrogance for you? I don't think you know what it means.

EDIT: Wait, are you just trolling me? I looked up the definition of arrogance to make sure I had it correct. There is nothing prideful about saying Life, Liberty, and Happiness for All Humans is a Reality that other People wouldn't also want to live. So now I am pretty sure you are just trolling me...argh what's with it with so many people trolling on this website...?
edit on 10-5-2014 by iosolomon because: added in EDIT:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

You are failing to realise that there are many other countries out there who practice those same things, why would we want to move away from that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join