It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1421 The Year China Discovered the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Has anyone here read this book? I think that it provides convincing answers for many of the mysteries discussed here. It explains how the Chinese built vast treasure fleets that sailed the world, providing genetic and physical information from every continent. It also explains where PiRies maps and the Vinland map originate as well as the Bimini Road.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ive never heard of this book before. Is it fiction, or fact? Also, isnt there evidence that supports Vikings actually were the first settlers to arrive in America?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here is a link with some information about this. I haven't had a chance to read it, as I am on my way out the door. Perhaps it will provide some background and insight.

www.1421.tv...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The information from the 1421 site is interesting. I wonder if the original people who chased the deer and crossed the Berring Straight had anything to do with letting the Chinese know there was a fairly easy way to get to the Americas. Just a theory but they had to of had communication points and I would think that some would probably go South and back North to visit or whatever reason. Would it be that far off if one guy walked 4000 miles there and 4000 back to let the ruler of China or whoever else that they should send a fleet to map the land? I walk almost a thousand miles a year and I only walk two hours, three days a week.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hmm....I've also heard that one of those wise scholars from China is the first person to say that the world is round and traveled around the world, but Europeans took the credit because they were 'oh so perfect'.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
well you know, china was possibly the first country that set explorers out to discover new things. The Zheng He voyage is the one i'm talking about. A lot of people belive that Zheng He actually reacehd the americas before columbus. Although that idea has been argued over for years, they still don't reach any solid conclusion whether or not Zheng He went farther than just west africa.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No, China did not discover the world. They probably made it as far as Africa traveling on the inferior 'junk' ship straying no further than several hundred miles from the known coatline. PBS did a great program a while back that included the author of the book you have mentioned and several historians. The Chinese historian on the program had a wealth of information at his disposal about the travels, and stated that it was imposible for the Chinese to have made it to the New World because there simply are 'no records' on hand of their voyage beyond Africa, and that they may have never made it around the Cape of Good Hope. Many of the other historians refuted the author's claims to evidence, and at one point during the program it was found that the author had lied about information used to support his claims and they even threatned to cancel the program if I remember correctly. They actually sat him down for a brief meeting to discuss the "integrity" of his sources.

Which scholar are you talking about Cookie? Archimedes had a formula devised to actual calculate the circumference of the earth before anyone had the capability to travel around the world.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I can't remember. I know it was one of the scholars. I'm really bad at remembering names.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I read the work of Gavin Menzies and I am not impressed. First the guy can neither read or speak Chinese that should be a warning flag right there.

His work is filled with subjective claims and no hard evidence.He also loves to ignore the hard evidence we have that goes aginst his claims.The seven voyages of the Ming Dynasty treasure fleets, 1402 - 1433 AD, are well documented in the historical literature.They kept a log and records even back then in great detail However, in that record, there seems to be no mention of places that Menizes claims they traveled.

He makes these amazing leaps in his theories with no evidence to back them up. Scholars from the China,US and Europe have debunked his work and made him look like a novice.

China did alot of amazing things in its history but Menzies's claims are not part of them.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

new topics

top topics

join