It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want to fight climate change? go vegan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yep and you walk to the Farms twenty miles outside of town for your veggies, both ways barefoot I would imagine:-)

Regards, iwinder

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
So you're a typical vegan. Dont care for the facts. Only care for your self-righteousness.

Again, please, get educated. Here's a good starting point for you:
www.webmd.com...

and a quick quote from there:

Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.

Back to school, kiddo.
edit on Sat May 10 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder
Yep and you walk to the Farms twenty miles outside of town for your veggies, both ways barefoot I would imagine:-)

Regards, iwinder
He better...'cuz if those veggies are shipped at all...oh boy. The exhaust will cause Climate change will kill us all.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

The thing is, I have no problem with vegans. For some people, it is the right choice.

i do not believe i've come across a single person who has needed meat for health reasons. i agree that many vegans seem elitist and judgmental; but try to understand where it comes from.

i became vegan because causing harm when it is not necessary is wrong. i have seen animals skinned alive, babies taken from their screaming mothers, babies thrown in a blender, and all manner of horrid mutilations. if you saw these things and knew these actions were being justified by personal pleasure (taste), well...it is hard to see that and not become militant and "preachy" in a desire to stop the suffering.

if animals matter morally, there can be only one conclusion.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: seeker1963

I crack up at the amount of Vegans whom eat GMO soy products and preach their religion to us sinful meat eaters!

Well some of us just see other living Animals as having the right to pursue happiness and freedom without torture and death of themselves and their loved ones. That makes it worth eating whatever allows them to have life.

Simple question!

If being a vegan was what WE were designed and meant to be, then why do Vegans have to buy vitamins to supplement their eating habit?

What will you do if the SHTF???????

Sorry, but this isn't an ASPCA commercial!

In four new studies of carbon isotopes in fossilized tooth enamel from scores of human ancestors and baboons in Africa from 4 million to 10,000 years ago, a team of two dozen researchers found a surprise increase in the consumption of grasses and sedges – plants that resemble grasses and rushes but have stems and triangular cross sections.

unews.utah.edu...

We don't need supplements anymore than anyone else, most people today need B12 I have read.
You can get B12 from Nutritional yeast, or Soy, Crimini Mushrooms free range eggs if you are free range egg eating vegetarian.

lot of you Kind Lifers write in to ask whether or not you should be taking supplements. While I don’t personally take a daily vitamin, I do take an occasional B12 supplement and, while I was pregnant with Bear, I took a vegan prenatal vitamin most of the time. And while breastfeeding, I try to remember to take the prenatal, but I still maintain that I never feel one bit better if I take vitamins than if I don’t. I only feel better from good, superhero food.

thekindlife.com...

All I do know is I feel the same after years without meat...no change.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So you're a typical vegan. Dont care for the facts. Only care for your self-righteousness.

no need for hate. i know the other person did say something incendiary first, but no need to respond with it

to answer your post: i know a number of long term type O vegans that do not have any issues beyond what they experienced before they switched. a high number of raw vegans tend to be type O.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bob Sholtz

i do not believe i've come across a single person who has needed meat for health reasons. i agree that many vegans seem elitist and judgmental; but try to understand where it comes from.
Now you have, as I am one. I went vegitarian for a year (not even vegan) and ended up in the hospital with malnourishment.

i became vegan because causing harm when it is not necessary is wrong.
Thats nothing more than your opinion, and hardly gives you a right to think you are better than anyone or that you are right and others are wrong.

i have seen animals skinned alive,
Ive slaughtered chickens and watched it done to cows.

babies taken from their screaming mothers,
Ive seen it happen both in person, and in nature...

babies thrown in a blender, and all manner of horrid mutilations.
Not sure what this has to do with anything other than trying to add some shock value...

if you saw these things and knew these actions were being justified by personal pleasure (taste),
Again, I have seen them in person, and again, for many people it has nothing to do with taste. Its about nutrition. Health.

well...it is hard to see that and not become militant and "preachy" in a desire to stop the suffering.
And i hope you can understand why I think the preaching militant stuff is self righteous and self indulgent (not to mention obnoxious).

if animals matter morally, there can be only one conclusion.
That really is nothing but a matter of opinion and perspective. The natural order of the world has a food chain.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

He better...'cuz if those veggies are shipped at all...oh boy. The exhaust will cause Climate change will kill us all.

Let me tell you, check out my threads and you are sure to find one just recently posted about being in the hospital.
Sure as heck I was put on a restricted diet big time, so when they let me go home we bought all kinds of good stuff just like they served in the hospital.
Just a few examples to mention are, Little fruit cups (sugar free and Name brand) one look and it was imported from China!

Apple Sauce cups....same sugar free and from China.
Diced Peaches, you bet your sweet ass they are Chinese.
Diced Pears......samo as above......
Delmonte? Kraft? don't believe me?.........I wonder what that did to our precious environment shipping those suckers over here from China?

Regards, Iwnder

Apparently its cheaper to ship these around the world than to walk out our back door here in Ontario and pick a peach!

edit on 9-5-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

no need for hate. i know the other person did say something incendiary first, but no need to respond with it
No hate whatsoever. I dont hate vegans. I just call em as I see em.

to answer your post: i know a number of long term type O vegans that do not have any issues beyond what they experienced before they switched. a high number of raw vegans tend to be type O.
Statistics show that your friends would be in the vast minority.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
a reply to: Char-Lee

Apes eat meat durppppp.......

Not really. Chimps do, but chimps are the closest of all of the apes to humans.

The Hominid line is often to thought to be Homo only. Not so. Hominids include chimps (2 species), gorillas (2 species) and orangutans. Beyond that, they’re all a bunch of monkeys, including gibbons, who straddle the monkey-ape line. Which apes are closest to humans? Chimps. After that, gorillas. Then possibly orangutans.

However, none of these are in the Homo line. The Homo line at present includes only humans, and I would argue Bigfoots, yetis, etc.

All non-human apes are basically vegetarians. Chimps are mostly vegetarian, but they will eat meat once in a while. Gorillas are completely vegetarian. So are orangutans.

robertlindsay.wordpress.com...

The ones that eat meat are the violent ones.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Now you have, as I am one. I went vegitarian for a year (not even vegan) and ended up in the hospital with malnourishment.

i don't disbelieve you, and this is not a jibe at your ability or character; but perhaps you weren't eating right? what was your body missing out on?

Thats nothing more than your opinion, and hardly gives you a right to think you are better than anyone or that you are right and others are wrong.

can you name any situations when causing harm (when there is no need to cause harm) is good? harm is bad...so if it can be avoided we should avoid it.

Again, I have seen them in person, and again, for many people it has nothing to do with taste. Its about nutrition. Health.

as many saw concentration camps in person...it does not make such a thing right. can you provide the biological mechanism behind your inability to live off plants? can you not absorb a nutrient or something? if you ended up in the hospital from malnutrition on a vegetarian diet you either had a serious unknown issue or you weren't eating right.

And i hope you can understand why I think the preaching militant stuff is self righteous and self indulgent (not to mention obnoxious).

indeed, but that does not mean the message is wrong.

That really is nothing but a matter of opinion and perspective. The natural order of the world has a food chain.

no, it is not an opinion. it is an if/than logical statement. IF animals matter morally (we are animals also, do not forget) then there is but one option.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

indeed? could you provide said statistics?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

i don't disbelieve you, and this is not a jibe at your ability or character; but perhaps you weren't eating right? what was your body missing out on?
Had a nutritionist. So nope, that wasnt the problem. I wasnt getting enough protein (even while supplementing), and ended up in the hospital because of it.

can you name any situations when causing harm (when there is no need to cause harm) is good? harm is bad...so if it can be avoided we should avoid it.
Nature. The food chain is the order of nature.

as many saw concentration camps in person...it does not make such a thing right. can you provide the biological mechanism behind your inability to live off plants? can you not absorb a nutrient or something? if you ended up in the hospital from malnutrition on a vegetarian diet you either had a serious unknown issue or you weren't eating right.
False. As a type O, my body (and all human bodies) doesnt adsorb plant protein efficiently. Most is passed out of the body without any absorption. I am a very physically active person, and the fact of the matter is i could not get enough protein absorbed to keep myself healthy without adding animal proteins.

Throw in the fact that I have IBS, and can only eat certain types of veggies, and hopefully you see the error of your statement.

indeed, but that does not mean the message is wrong.
Problem is, the idea that one way of life works for everyone is, absolutely, wrong.

no, it is not an opinion. it is an if/than logical statement. IF animals matter morally (we are animals also, do not forget) then there is but one option.
Again, thats YOUR perspective. I think animals matter. I also think the natural order matters.

Look at that, a third option.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

What harm am I causing? The animal is going to die no matter what, how is my putting a bullet through it's heart and killing it quick causing it harm? The animals I eat either get a nice easy life lounging on a farm, having everything it needs without having to work for it. Or it had the chance to live a free happy life, and chance or destiny took it within range of me to shoot it. It could have gotten taken by a wolf pack, broken a leg, many other ways to die in the wild, that would suck more than being shot. So exactly what harm am I causing? I also got sick as hell going vegan when I was strongest in my late teen years, so no, I am not going to stop eating meat again.
edit on Fri, 09 May 2014 17:06:23 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob Sholtz

indeed? could you provide said statistics?

Exact statistics are impossible to provide. Heres a good place to start, though:

The Type O Profile Type O was the first blood type, the type O ancestral prototype was a canny, aggressive predator. Aspects of the Type O profile remain essential in every society even to this day – leadership, extroversion, energy and focus are among their best traits. Type O’s can be powerful and productive, however, when stressed Type O’s response can be one of anger, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. When Type O wiring gets crossed, as a result of a poor diet, lack of exercise, unhealthy behaviors or elevated stress levels, Type O’s are more vulnerable to negative metabolic effects, including insulin resistance, sluggish thyroid activity, and weight gain. When you customize your life to Type O’s strengths you can reap the benefits of your ancestry. Your genetic inheritance offers you the opportunity to be strong, lean, productive, long-lived and optimistic.

www.dadamo.com...

Heres another link:
www.md-health.com...

The research is all out there.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule
Not that I am big on the way we torture animals, but these reports always fail to take into consideration the methodology of getting nitrogen into agricultural soil. As it stands, currently the world consumes one sixth of the oil produced to generate nitrogen fertilizer. one sixth. That means that your veggies are brought to you by exxon.

With one third being used to produce concrete, that means it is the second largest consumer of fossil fuels. More than ships, or airplanes, or domestic vehicles.

The world is backwards.

AX

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

thing about hunting is the killing is quicker, the meat is better and oh yeah there is this going out for an alotted amount of time, waiting, getting a shot where you want it. i mean seriously from what i have seen and heard punji stakes are a better way of harvesting beef than what those bastards do. i'd raise my own cattle any day

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Had a nutritionist. So nope, that wasnt the problem. I wasnt getting enough protein (even while supplementing), and ended up in the hospital because of it.

protein, you say? unless there was some strange mechanism that prevented you from using the protein (i honestly can't think of any) then you simply weren't eating right. even with supplements? simply not possible. for instance: two cups of kidney beans contain HALF the protein you need in a day, a cup of tofu contains 3/5 of the protein you need each day. hemp seeds? a whopping 10 grams of protein in three tablespoons. (a bit less than 1/5 of what you need). combine that with also taking supplements? it is not feasible.

Nature. The food chain is the order of nature.

appeal to nature fallacy.

this link should help clear up your notions of blood type in relation to diet. kimberlysnyder.net...

Again, thats YOUR perspective. I think animals matter. I also think the natural order matters.

not a perspective, but a logical statement. if animals don't matter morally, then there is no right or wrong. this is another appeal to nature fallacy.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Exact statistics are impossible to provide. Heres a good place to start, though:

i thought that was your source of misinformation. a book written in 1996.

here's a more recent actual scientific study showing type A to have been the most common blood type. www.mendeley.com...

and more research debunking the general blood type diet www.webmd.com...
edit on 9-5-2014 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Im not going to quote the full paragraphs, in the effort of saving space. Assume each line is a response to the whoel paragraph.

protein, you say? unless there was some strange mechanism that prevented you from using the protein
As I already said-O types need more protein, and absorb plant proteins at an extremely inefficient rate. I was eating 2500 callories a day (with protein supplement). Still wasnt getting enough.

You might want to talk to some doctors about how "impossible" it is, considering I have spoken to multiple doctors who has seem it in multiple patients.

appeal to nature fallacy

Deflection fallacy. If you can appeal to morals (which are totally and completely subjective), I can CERTAINLY appeal to nature, which is scientific fact.

Fallacy? Please.

Yep, I know who Kimberly Snyder is. Do you know why she is known? Because she continues to attack the blood type diet, even as it is getting backed with more and more data. Thats it. Thats her claim to fame.

Do I need to link to the dozens of articles backing the blood type diet?

ot a perspective, but a logical statement. if animals don't matter morally, then there is no right or wrong. this is another appeal to nature fallacy.
Again, typical vegan. "Me perspective is fact. There is no other way".

Again, animals ABSOLUTELY matter to me. Nature matters to me as well. It is not fallacy. It is natural order.
edit on 9-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join