It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want to fight climate change? go vegan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: captaintyinknots

It's more irresponsible to maintain the status quo, to use fear or laziness to encourage people to maintain their selfish unsustainable lifestyles.

Sure, consult a doctor. Read up on it. Do it responsibly.

BUT DO IT.

Aren't you using "climate change" as fear?

Like I said, "I respect you for the choice you have made!".

Stop preaching!

In today's world preaching has taken on a whole new level! It doesn't pertain to just church any more! It pertains to sexual preference, race, politics, etc etc.....

Freedom is a simple word to look up and learn!

Perhaps it should be a word and definition that EVERY American should look at every day?

Right now? I am not seeing freedom at all! I am seeing "CLICKS" that have a personal belief that they believe in sooooooo much, that they want to force everyone else to think the way they do!!!!

That's not FREEDOM!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If someone needs meat for medical reasons, I'm sure they can get a prescription.

We don't want to encourage Mr bacon lover to rationalize his selfishness through your fear mongering.

edit on 932FridayuAmerica/ChicagoMayuFridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If we all went vegan, we would have to till every sq. foot of fertile land and we would deplete it all within thirty years. We would have to get rid of all forests for this land. We would have to kill all the animals that ate our crops. Fifty years and we would all be starving.

not true. livestock have a very poor plant protein to animal protein conversion ratio. cows, for instance, have a conversion ratio of 54:1.

in short, we grow TONS of food and feed it to animals to get a much smaller amount of food. the animals also take up much more space.

i've been thinking of doing a completely non-judgemental FAQ thread on the benefits of going vegan.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If someone needs meat for medical reasons, I'm sure they can get a prescription.

We don't want to encourage Mr bacon lover to rationize his selfishness through your fear mongering.

You're kidding me, right? You want people to have to 'get a prescription' to get the nutrients necessary to live a healthy life? No thanks, I like my freedom. I like my health.

And, frankly, again, if you think meat production has anything to do with climate change, I pity your children.

My fear mongering? "climate change will kill us all, you have to live like I do"....yeah, no fear mongering from your side at all.

So, where are your comments on the plethora of health problems that can be caused by going vegan?
edit on 9-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob Sholtz

If we all went vegan, we would have to till every sq. foot of fertile land and we would deplete it all within thirty years. We would have to get rid of all forests for this land. We would have to kill all the animals that ate our crops. Fifty years and we would all be starving.

not true. livestock have a very poor plant protein to animal protein conversion ratio. cows, for instance, have a conversion ratio of 54:1.

in short, we grow TONS of food and feed it to animals to get a much smaller amount of food. the animals also take up much more space.

i've been thinking of doing a completely non-judgemental FAQ thread on the benefits of going vegan.
Most studies show, however, that proteins from animals are both more efficiently burned and more easily absorbed into the human body.

I would appreciate it, though, if you do make that FAQ, that you also include the dangers of going vegan that most vegans choose not to talk about....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Fighting climate change can not be blame on eating meat or cows, lets go back 150 years ago when the buffalo roomed the plains of the US, how many of them were there, in the millions, can blame a cow for having gas, its like blaming each and everyone one of us passing gas.

Eating your way is a personal option, I will help fight global climate change by eating a steak. One less cow around then.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I doubt you need meat to be healthy. I think it's far more likely that you just don't want to take one for the team.

Everyone wants to make the world a better place, but they want the other guy to be one one to give things up.

www.nursingdegree.net...

edit on 936Friday000000America/ChicagoMay000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

freedom is a strange concept. i can watch a homeless person starve to death in front of me while i stuff my face and i wouldn't be guilty of any crime. it is my property and i don't have to give it away; nor am i obligated to help in any way.

speaking of freedom: here is something for you to consider.
www.pasadosafehaven.org...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I crack up at the amount of Vegans whom eat GMO soy products and preach their religion to us sinful meat eaters!

Well some of us just see other living Animals as having the right to pursue happiness and freedom without torture and death of themselves and their loved ones. That makes it worth eating whatever allows them to have life.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I doubt you need meat to be healthy. I think it's far more likely that you just don't want to take one for the team.

Everyone wants to make the world a better place, but they want the other guy to be one one to give things up.

You need to learn more about the human body. It is impossible for me to get a proper diet without meat. It is the same for MOST people who are of the 'O' blood type.

In fact MORE people require meat in their diet for proper health than dont.

But please, pass judgement on crap you obviously have no knowledge of while pushing your self-righteous, dangerous lifestyle. Good on you.

Please, go get a basic education before you post on this anymore.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I crack up at the amount of Vegans whom eat GMO soy products and preach their religion to us sinful meat eaters!

Well some of us just see other living Animals as having the right to pursue happiness and freedom without torture and death of themselves and their loved ones. That makes it worth eating whatever allows them to have life.

Simple question!

If being a vegan was what WE were designed and meant to be, then why do Vegans have to buy vitamins to supplement their eating habit?

What will you do if the SHTF???????

Sorry, but this isn't an ASPCA commercial!
edit on 9-5-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Meat has chemistry that calms people. Start taking away the meat from the meat eaters and they will kill all the vegans and maybe eat them. You should never eat animals that eat meat you know.

I guess that is why the Apes and Deer and other non meat eaters are the violent creatures on the planet.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The thing is, I have no problem with vegans. For some people, it is the right choice. The majority of them, though, are so full of themselves that they dont understand that what works for one wont work for all. Most ignore all of the negative facts about it.

And worst of all, most PREACH incessantly, without bothering to get educated.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

humans don't actually need much protein. it is practically impossible to meet caloric requirements in a vegan diet and not get plenty of protein.

i have been vegan for a little over a year. i haven't found any great advantages or disadvantages to either plant or animal protein besides there being more plant protein. the nutrition that comes with plant protein vs animal protein does show advantages though. i'm talking about fat content (harmful fats), disease, and links with mortality.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Well if we did that we would need to kill all the cows that are not being used to get milk because we wouldn't have any use for them otherwise and technically they are a destructive invasive species.

I think I will stick to LED lights and I plan to instal solar as soon as some new rebates get posted.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Apes eat meat durppppp.......

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

If being a vegan was what WE were designed and meant to be, then why do Vegans have to buy vitamins to supplement their eating habit?

simple response: we don't.

i do choose to take vitamins for overall health because of their availability but they aren't necessary.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob Sholtz

humans don't actually need much protein. it is practically impossible to meet caloric requirements in a vegan diet and not get plenty of protein.

i have been vegan for a little over a year. i haven't found any great advantages or disadvantages to either plant or animal protein besides there being more plant protein. the nutrition that comes with plant protein vs animal protein does show advantages though. i'm talking about fat content (harmful fats), disease, and links with mortality.
Again, thats not entirely true. You all are speaking as though all humans are the same, when, in fact, nearly ALL new research shows that different blood types and genetic backgrounds change the dietary needs of each individual.

Plant protein is passed from the body at a much higher rate than animal protein. This is fact. Animal protein has a much higher absorption rate.

As for the comments on harmful fats and disease, a few things:

-Most natural fats are not all that harmful.
-There are many, many diseases that come from plant diets, too. Coeliac is the first that comes to mind.
-its all about the quality of meat, not about meat in general.

Again, it is a flat out FACT that some people do well being vegan while others have major health problems stemming from going vegan.

To suggest it is good for all (not saying you are) is dangerous and irresponsible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join