It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great White Shark Bites Inflatable Boat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Mods, feel free to move to the proper forum.
www.grindtv.com...

Video showing a great white shark repeatedly biting an inflatable boat before its wide-eyed crew is being widely shared this week

Pretty darn cool. Worth a watch. Not much else to say, other than it seems to me the shark was just playing around, which makes it that much more scary.

Love this part:

MaxAnimal wrote in its video description: “Is the scariest part when the shark eyes our folks on the boat? Ah, yeah.”

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It begs the question of what they were doing in shark infested waters in an inflatable boat.

I saw that clip and kept thinking they should win a Darwin award or something. Even if the boat was never in serious danger of sinking, it takes a special kind of "duh" to go filming large sharks in a boat with inflatable bits.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I bet it would feel like chewing on a binky or a little rubber ducky. The erasers on pencils used to be a delicacy. Now I'm starting to get hungry.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
oh dude coulda totally used a hatchet or axe. right timing, one chop and voila dead shark attracting and distracting more live sharks

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockoperawriter
oh dude coulda totally used a hatchet or axe. right timing, one chop and voila dead shark attracting and distracting more live sharks
Im not sure thats true. Itd take quiet a bit of power to get through a sharks skin, as i understand it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It begs the question of what they were doing in shark infested waters in an inflatable boat.

It also RAISES that question, maybe even more than it "begs" it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

the weight, sharpness, and power would have to get through. wouldn't waste a piece

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
S&F for the great video and I hate you for my lack of sleep to come.
Anyways it appears they may have lured that shark but no matter what its a good show.

Amber Marlow was probably accurate when she commented, “Not an ‘attack’ – he was just exploring the boat, and subsequently chomped it to death out of curiosity.” More than likely, the crew used chum to lure the shark to the boat, and once the shark was close it was simply being a shark by investigating potential prey.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Some people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame. Or maybe these guys really were shark fishing and they really are seriously deficient with respect to mental capacity.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
maybe he was teething ha ha. I would be crapping my pants or wet suit. Bet that shark was thinking Fu#k your boat.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I saw that clip and kept thinking they should win a Darwin award or something. Even if the boat was never in serious danger of sinking, it takes a special kind of "duh" to go filming large sharks in a boat with inflatable bits.

Define " shark infested"... Wouldn't that be the whole ocean then? ....and why didn't they wack that shark on the head or nose with something?

top topics

join